Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 04-11-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
TheTruth11
High school junior varsity star

TheTruth11 has not been impressing people
Default It looks like Vinnie is on his way out.... ESPN

According to ESPN, Vinnie is in a lot of hot water - and he should be. He has cost us a bunch of games this year.

Yea he has had little to work with due to injuries, but what little he did have to work with, he has mis-managed. Like not getting his bench involved in the New Jersey game after playing back to backs. And now this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5073317

TheTruth11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:12 AM   #2
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: It looks like Vinnie is on his way out.... ESPN

I think it's pretty clear that Vinny is gone after this season. I'd love to see Byron Scott get the gig.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
Abe Frohman
I am the Sausage King

Abe Frohman has decent reputationAbe Frohman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
I think it's pretty clear that Vinny is gone after this season. I'd love to see Byron Scott get the gig.

co-sign
Abe Frohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth11
According to ESPN, Vinnie is in a lot of hot water - and he should be. He has cost us a bunch of games this year.

Yea he has had little to work with due to injuries, but what little he did have to work with, he has mis-managed. Like not getting his bench involved in the New Jersey game after playing back to backs. And now this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nb...ory?id=5073317

Vinny is in Toronto right now doing his best to prepare this team so they can qualify for the playoffs and he see this article. wow.
btw, Their allstar PG, Derrick Rose would not be "happy" if Vinny doesn't come back next season.
Yup, he said it about 2 months ago, that he would be happy if Vinny comes back next season, when they were 6 games above .500.
Also remember that some sensible posters here vehemently professed that Vinny is not the problem that he has done a good job with what he has. Blaming pretty much everything on injuries. Now that the team is relatively healthy and ALL key players are playing and they lose to the Bucks w/o Redd and Bogut, or they lose to the lowly Nets, they are as quiet as a mouse.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:18 PM   #5
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

I think Vin is cathcing a lot of flak for things he has little control over.

He didn't hide Kirk's jumpshot from him.

He didn't make Derrick and Luol miss key free throws.

He didn't tell TT to act like a starting PF but not put the work in.

If we get a better coach then fine, but VDN has grown on me and you can't deny that Rose and Noah have improved during his watch.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #6
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

I think who ever doesnt BUY pargo out and who ever is not allowing Acie law to get SG minutes should be fired. WHO EVER THAT MAY BE! Ive noticed even Pargo has lost confidence in his shot.
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board

My vote goes to Byron Scott to take over as our new head coach. And let him pick an entirely new assistant coaching staff of his choice.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:21 PM   #8
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't get me wrong I like Vinny, he's not the best coach but he is definately not the worst. That being said if you would rather have him over Byron Scott you don't know much about player devolpment under coaches. Kidd and Paul became 2 of the best players under his teachings and Rose would improve at a better rate under scott then vin.
step_back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 02:31 PM   #9
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
ROSE > THAN YOU

IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong wayIN-PAX-WE-TRUST is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I hope Jeff Van Gundy or Byron Scott get the job....
IN-PAX-WE-TRUST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
TheTruth11

I like Vinnie. Seems like a real good guy. But yes.... it is time to get a guy like Byron Scott in here. Or anyone else for that matter who has experience - a coach with a proven track record of winning and developing players.
Old 04-11-2010, 06:25 PM   #11
Undisputed
Devil without a cause

Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
Vinny is in Toronto right now doing his best to prepare this team so they can qualify for the playoffs and he see this article. wow.
btw, Their allstar PG, Derrick Rose would not be "happy" if Vinny doesn't come back next season.
Yup, he said it about 2 months ago, that he would be happy if Vinny comes back next season, when they were 6 games above .500.
Also remember that some sensible posters here vehemently professed that Vinny is not the problem that he has done a good job with what he has. Blaming pretty much everything on injuries. Now that the team is relatively healthy and ALL key players are playing and they lose to the Bucks w/o Redd and Bogut, or they lose to the lowly Nets, they are as quiet as a mouse.

Vinny isn't to blame for the Bulls problems. He was given an incomplete roster with the prayer that our key guys won't get injured. Regardless, things aren't looking good for him in the future considering the now public disagreements with the front office and the seemingly weak endorsement from Gar Forman when rumors were flying about his departure.

Regardless of having guys healthy now, those guys have to get back into the rhythm of starting, which is why we're seeing the Bulls struggle. Vinny Del Negro didn't fail the Bulls, the front office and players getting injured on an already weak roster did. But this is Chicago, and although I don't think it's fair, the reality is that Vinny will more than likely be out.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:08 PM   #12
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
I think Vin is cathcing a lot of flak for things he has little control over.

He didn't hide Kirk's jumpshot from him.

He didn't make Derrick and Luol miss key free throws.

He didn't tell TT to act like a starting PF but not put the work in.

If we get a better coach then fine, but VDN has grown on me and you can't deny that Rose and Noah have improved during his watch.

Pretty good post, you made some valid points esp on things he can't control. There are things however that he can control like
1.not having to put Pargo in the game at all.
2.Providing better half court set plays with better options
3.not putting Kirk on players that can overpower/shooter over him,
4. Realizing Salmons is more suited as a SF and not a SG, etc etc.
5. Finding a better way to put TT in a position to succeed.
Not only did Rose and Noah flourished under him, but I also think he should be creditted for nice rookie season of Gibson.
Bulls was among the worst in defense 2 years ago and has significantly improved under Vinny. I really think this team would have succeeded with BETTER assistants.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:15 PM   #13
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by IN-PAX-WE-TRUST
I hope Jeff Van Gundy or Byron Scott get the job....

Scott is not a bad choice but I just feel Jeff Van Gundy has not really failed his former teams in the past.
Yes, it is true that Kidd and CP3 did great under Byron's watch but Kidd has ALWAYS been great, whereever he went.
Jeff is GREAT in preparations, his defensive schemes are always great, he has proven he can communicate with ALL his players even the difficult ones like Sprewell, TMac etc. Just my opinion.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I really think this team would have succeeded with BETTER assistants.

It's amazing at how much of a free pass these assistants have gotten from the fans that hate on VDN.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #15
TheTruth11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
It's amazing at how much of a free pass these assistants have gotten from the fans that hate on VDN.

To use the word "hate on" is going too far. You are implying that a personal reason of some sort underlies the thinking that he should be fired. And what personal reason would there be? The guy is likeable and humble. I think you would be hard pressed to find ANYONE who dislikes him personally.

Some of us just think he is not a very good coach. That comes with the territory. Most every coach has some fans that like them and others that think they are doing a poor job. I happen to fall in the latter camp but believe me there is nothing personal behind it all. And in the final analysis the Bulls Administration will decide whether he stays or goes. And more and more it is looking like he will go.

That ESPN article is the Chicago way of laying the groundwork for a firing. The only thing that can likely save Vinnie now is this team making the playoffs and a first round upset of the Cavs. Barring that he is likely out.

Last edited by TheTruth11 : 04-11-2010 at 08:44 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: