Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-12-2010, 07:02 PM   #46
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Santonio Holmes traded to Jets

all the talk this offseason was dallas making big moves, but, nearly every "major" player has gone to the jets, itds crazy, when did they become so desierasble
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 07:31 PM   #47
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
all the talk this offseason was dallas making big moves, but, nearly every "major" player has gone to the jets, itds crazy, when did they become so desierasble

Last season when they came a game short of going to the Big One.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:46 PM   #48
Big League
I hit open layups

Big League has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
Last season when they came a game short of going to the Big One.
The Jets also have a new practice facility (as of last year) and a new stadium.
Big League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 12:46 AM   #49
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
How funny would it be if the Jets struggled next season after all these big moves they made? I don't think they'll be able to live up to the expectations that people will have for them. There's also bound to be some type of chemistry concerns as well.

i actually think theres a good chance that could happen, if sanchez doesn't live up to expectations. and i'm not sold he is going to be a starting qb in the nfl...
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:49 AM   #50
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)

Bosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBosnian Sajo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

crazy
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 AM   #51
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Mark Sanchez would have to get into a chubbs-like alligator accident for the Jets not to go to the Superbowl.

I've been a fan of the Steelers my whole life and I just don't see anyone taking down the Jets. Sanchez will be better. No Thomas Jones? That's okay. Shonn Greene is tough and oh yeah they have a decent back LT to help mentor him.

They already had a disgusting pass defense then they go out and get Cromartie.

Rumor has it Jason Taylor's headed there too.

I'm hoping the best for Pittsburgh but unless the Jets have some freak injuries I don't see anyone taking them down in the AFC.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:29 AM   #52
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Don't be a prisoner of the moment QUIZLLE. Just warning you. There have been teams that have gone all-out and make a ton of high profile signings, and they don't even sniff the playoffs. You don't win ANYTHING during the offseason. Look at the Redskins the past decade.

There's more to the NFL than just collecting talent.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:00 PM   #53
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
This is my only concern to be honest the resigning of players what I am hoping for is people buying into that contender mentality like the Patriots and people put team first and decent money as a priority

The chemistry stuff i am not worried about. Braylon fell in line. The locker room is strong plus as mentioned Rex us against the world mentality will keep him in line.

i don't like the signings as much. I think the Rex take off your shirt and run screaming and everyone follows works better if you don't have too many clowns. Between the HBO reality show, LT (who whines like a girl if he doesn't get carries) and now Holmes, i feel like the Jets are bringing in too many me guys. These are all me guys. The jets cracked and were on the verge of going 8-8 if the schedule didn't turn out favorable for them. They then got on this crazy roll which as much about chemistry as anything. I think they really risk nuking the chemistry here.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #54
Poodle
Banned

Poodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputationPoodle has a very bad reputation

bottom line is the QB. if he sux the receivers are going to suck. there is no way getting around that. they could have the 2 best receivers who could be terrible without a good QB. i remember when miami was signing these receivers paying them a lot of money and they had no QB, it was so retarded.

sanchez looked bad more than a few times last year. sometimes really bad. it just seems like the future good QB's get it real fast like matt ryan, flacco, even rodgers. where as sanchez looks like a glorified wishy washy QB you can't really trust to bring it every or even most sundays.
Poodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 04:20 PM   #55
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
bottom line is the QB. if he sux the receivers are going to suck. there is no way getting around that. they could have the 2 best receivers who could be terrible without a good QB. i remember when miami was signing these receivers paying them a lot of money and they had no QB, it was so retarded.

sanchez looked bad more than a few times last year. sometimes really bad. it just seems like the future good QB's get it real fast like matt ryan, flacco, even rodgers. where as sanchez looks like a glorified wishy washy QB you can't really trust to bring it every or even most sundays.

He played his best in big games down the stretch - he got better and better as the season went on and capped it off with a GREAT playoff run - his numbers against Indy wasn't great, but make no mistake about it - he played a very good game.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:09 PM   #56
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Don't be a prisoner of the moment QUIZLLE. Just warning you. There have been teams that have gone all-out and make a ton of high profile signings, and they don't even sniff the playoffs. You don't win ANYTHING during the offseason. Look at the Redskins the past decade.

There's more to the NFL than just collecting talent.

Agreed that you don't win anything during the offseason but you can't compare any of the redskins teams they had in the past decade to what the Jets are about to present this year.

The Jets bring back a defense that only allowed 8 passing td's all year I believe and with Cromartie on the other side now... QB's will be miserable.

The Redskins are famous for signing mediocre players to huge deals... i.e. Randle El, Jeff George... and deals to players like Deion "Not in is prime anymore at the time" Sanders for like Mid 50 mill back in 2000.

Haynesworth isn't worth there money either. No one's worth that except Peyton IMO.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:18 PM   #57
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb

What major players were these again?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:57 PM   #58
Big League
I hit open layups

Big League has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle
Rodgers got it "real fast"? Not really. The guy was riding pine for three years. When he did get some playing time in 2005, 2006 and 2007, he was awful.

Flacco is nothing more than an average quarterback and he was rotten in the playoffs this past season. Sanchez was good in the postseason.

Look at the early numbers of Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Dan Fouts, and Drew Brees. Those are just four QBs who struggled early in their careers. There are many more.

Dan Marino, Matt Ryan, Greg Cook, and Ben Roethlisberger are rare quarterbacks because they had very good rookie seasons.
Big League is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:46 PM   #59
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
4gm suspension and he is a free agent at seasons end. Pitt wasnt going to pay him. He has a list of off the field incidents. What did you guys think Holmes was worth given what has been laid out?

Seems like a team like Dallas that desperately wants to get to the Super Bowl next year... a 4th rounder would of been a good deal.

San Diego? just seems like a contender next year could of gambled a 4th rounder.

as for Dallas... With Roy Williams playing like complete $hit... this would give him the first quarter of the season to get his $hit together or else get your @ss replaced by Santonio Holmes.

Also Miles Austin has had only one great year.... and injured both years before that... I'm not confident that Miles Austin will play all 16 games in 2010, so Santonio would of been the perfect insurance policy.

IDK... i guess T.O. made this impossible for us to do.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: