Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-13-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayoffs?

Four game suspension without a conviction? I doubt that.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #17
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation
Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayoffs?

Let's go over this issue one more time: Big Ben has never been arrested or charged with sexual assault...he is innocent and should not be suspended. He is a 28 year old single male who was at a bar looking to have a good time with the ladies (shock and dismay!). He could only assume that the girl was at least 21 since she had been admitted to a bar in a college town. So the "victim" is a lying and conniving girl to begin with. We've established that she is a liar about her age. What else did she lie about? You folks act like you were never in a bar in your twenties trying to get some snatch. What a bunch of sanctimonious, holier than thou types....either that or your gay. LMAO
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:53 PM   #18
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

he has a history of being an idiot and being accused of sexual assult

the DA didn't go forward b/c he said it would be hard to prove, not that nothing happened.

so he should get suspended just like PacMan who also got a suspension without being charged with anything
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:57 PM   #19
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

the DA didn't go forward b/c he said it would be hard to prove, not that nothing happened.

so he should get suspended just like PacMan who also got a suspension without being charged with anything
That's a fair point. And Goodell isn't known for leniency.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:15 PM   #20
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
"Big" Ben is a joke. What a jerk. Anyone see how Terry Bradshaw talked about him? wow.

Steelers will be lucky to make the playoffs WITH "Big" Ben, but if he misses 4 games, no way.

Don't be stupid now...

If Polamalu stays healthy, they will win 9-11 games. I think they'll finish second behind the Ravens.

People seem to forget what the Steelers did with Polamalu there and what all he does for the team. He makes everyone better around him. He can do it all.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:17 PM   #21
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Let's go over this issue one more time: Big Ben has never been arrested or charged with sexual assault...he is innocent and should not be suspended. He is a 28 year old single male who was at a bar looking to have a good time with the ladies (shock and dismay!). He could only assume that the girl was at least 21 since she had been admitted to a bar in a college town. So the "victim" is a lying and conniving girl to begin with. We've established that she is a liar about her age. What else did she lie about? You folks act like you were never in a bar in your twenties trying to get some snatch. What a bunch of sanctimonious, holier than thou types....either that or your gay. LMAO

Your opinion is clearly in the minority. The thing is, he puts himself into these positions for people to question him, and his conduct is a detriment to the organization. He's not just going out and having a "good time." Lots of people are disgusted with him, including the Rooney family.

I lived in Pittsburgh for 2 years, and very few people had much good to say about him.

Ben has a history of being a complete dickhead. Great QB, lousy guy.

Last edited by mlh1981 : 04-13-2010 at 09:19 PM.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #22
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm

PacMan has been arrested at least three times, has been on probation and has violated probation. Big Ben has never been arrested. Its not that complicated folks.
Old 04-13-2010, 09:26 PM   #23
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
PacMan has been arrested at least three times, has been on probation and has violated probation. Big Ben has never been arrested. Its not that complicated folks.
how come Ben is all over ESPN telling everyone how sorry he is?

if he didn't do anything wrong, he should be demanding apologies, not dishing them out...

I don't even give a shit if he is innocent here, he was a proven douchebag before this event even happened...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:50 PM   #24
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
how come Ben is all over ESPN telling everyone how sorry he is?

if he didn't do anything wrong, he should be demanding apologies, not dishing them out...

I don't even give a shit if he is innocent here, he was a proven douchebag before this event even happened...

So now we're going to suspend all of the "proven douchebags" in the NFL....LMAO at the stupidity being exhibited on this forum. Lord help me if I ever have to go before a "jury of my peers" made up of people like this. He's apologizing for putting himself in this position. If I were him I would not have apologized....I'm sure his PR folks told him what to say.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:06 PM   #25
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So now we're going to suspend all of the "proven douchebags" in the NFL....LMAO at the stupidity being exhibited on this forum. Lord help me if I ever have to go before a "jury of my peers" made up of people like this. He's apologizing for putting himself in this position. If I were him I would not have apologized....I'm sure his PR folks told him what to say.
I don't think Ben should be suspendeed for this at all...said that my first post in here...

infact I am not sure even sure where that rumor came from in the first place, I have yet to hear on ESPN that he is at risk of being suspended...

I thought you were just trying to defend him as a nice person or something...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:20 PM   #26
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayo

So I'm confused...

Being accused of rape gets you suspended 4 games?

What the hell is going on?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 PM   #27
northwinds
Banned

@mlh1981 who said "Your opinion is clearly in the minority"

Yep, and my opinion would have been in the minority at the Salem Witch Trials.....something about "witch hunts" I don't like.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
@mlh1981 who said "Your opinion is clearly in the minority"

Yep, and my opinion would have been in the minority at the Salem Witch Trials.....something about "witch hunts" I don't like.

Are you trying to suggest that Ben is 100 percent the victim in all of this, that he's just a guy that keeps finding bad luck?

These girls are at fault to a certain degree, but so is he.

28-year old men with his kind of money and status need to choose better places to hang out at. Not much good can happen at these sort of places. You lose certain privleges with money and fame. Go hang out in Vegas with the high rollers, or in your huge mansion. College bars in small towns? WEAK.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:34 PM   #29
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Are you trying to suggest that Ben is 100 percent the victim in all of this, that he's just a guy that keeps finding bad luck?

These girls are at fault to a certain degree, but so is he.

28-year old men with his kind of money and status need to choose better places to hang out at. Not much good can happen at these sort of places. You lose certain privleges with money and fame. Go hang out in Vegas with the high rollers, or in your huge mansion. College bars in small towns? WEAK.

So now it is your job to pick and choose which bars NFL athletes can go into....LMAO. Big Ben has a place at Lake Oconee which is not far from this town. This is the "hottest" watering hole close to his place on the lake. A twenty eight year old man looking for the company of twenty-something women is not yet a criminal offense in this country. I did it too and somehow managed to avoid jail time and gain "money and status" in this country....LOL. Perhaps a rigid communist totalitarian regime to keep everyone in line would be more appropriate for you.....keep those twenty-somethings from getting together with alcohol involved...the shame.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:44 PM   #30
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
So now it is your job to pick and choose which bars NFL athletes can go into....LMAO. Big Ben has a place at Lake Oconee which is not far from this town. This is the "hottest" watering hole close to his place on the lake. A twenty eight year old man looking for the company of twenty-something women is not yet a criminal offense in this country. I did it too and somehow managed to avoid jail time and gain "money and status" in this country....LOL. Perhaps a rigid communist totalitarian regime to keep everyone in line would be more appropriate for you.....keep those twenty-somethings from getting together with alcohol involved...the shame.

So he did nothing wrong and is a complete victiim in all of this, is what you are saying?

Very prestigious people, such as.....the Rooney's, for starters, and even Terry Bradshaw, would disagree with you.

Even hardcore Steelers fans, and the media there, are turning on the guy. And those are usually the biggest homers around.

You are being way extreme here. A large majority of NFL players probably go out and have fun as well, but why aren't they getting hit up with stuff like this for the second time in the past few years?

Give it up. Great QB, questionable guy. Bottom line.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: