Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-13-2010, 10:53 PM   #31
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation
Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayoffs?

Terry Bradshaw doesn't like Big Ben because Big Ben told him he was gonna break all of his Steeler records. I'm being "extreme" because I don't believe a man who has never been arrested or charged with a crime should be suspended from his profession and suffer severe financial repercussions. Geez.... at times its not hard to understand how Hitler and Stalin and the Salem Witch Trials got started....whip the crowds into a frenzy using jealousy (and in this case racism) and other emotions.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:06 AM   #32
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Terry Bradshaw doesn't like Big Ben because Big Ben told him he was gonna break all of his Steeler records. I'm being "extreme" because I don't believe a man who has never been arrested or charged with a crime should be suspended from his profession and suffer severe financial repercussions. Geez.... at times its not hard to understand how Hitler and Stalin and the Salem Witch Trials got started....whip the crowds into a frenzy using jealousy (and in this case racism) and other emotions.

lol @ comparing facism and salem witch trials to Big Ben/Bradshaw feud.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:34 PM   #33
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Why would they suspend him if they found him not guilty. I don't get it.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 PM   #34
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
lol @ comparing facism and salem witch trials to Big Ben/Bradshaw feud.

Yeah thats pretty wild lol. I think Ben should be suspended for at least a game just to show him that he isn't above the rest of the team. Its obvious that he did something he wasn't supposed to and has consistently put himself in negative situations.

My buddy heard this story on the radio that defines Ben's douchebaggyness:

Ben was in Latrobe and decided to stop by Arnold Plamer's course and play a round. He had no tee time but since he is Jesus after all he figured he could just walk on and play. The staff told him to wait in the lounge and they would come get him when they could fit him in. As he waits in teh lounge he acts real flashy spending all kinds of money. People approach him for autographs and he refuses. Eventually he just gets his clubs and tees off without permission. The staff have to go out and take him off the course because he is interrupting scheduled play. Eventually he plays his round. Arnold Palmer approaches him afterwards asking how he likes the course and what not. After some small talk Palmer tells him that he is going to go back into the lounge and sign autographs for anyone who asks and then he is never going to come back to the course ever again.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:40 PM   #35
northwinds
Banned

northwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputationnorthwinds has a bad reputation

I'll go you one better....I have a cousin whose best friend cleans Big Ben's mother's house....she says that Big Ben doesn't tell his mother he loves her everytime he says goodbye over the phone....the guy's a real prick I tell you....should be suspended for the season and sent to prison for being innocent.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:42 PM   #36
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attila
Why would they suspend him if they found him not guilty. I don't get it.

Dude...quit being so dam# logical....its gonna blow everybody's mind on this forum....when the mob's out for blood they are not to be deterred by truth, logic and wisdom.
Old 04-15-2010, 09:45 PM   #37
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dude...quit being so dam# logical....its gonna blow everybody's mind on this forum....when the mob's out for blood they are not to be deterred by truth, logic and wisdom.

Yeah, Ben's a great guy........
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #38
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

If you didn't get arrested, were not convicted of any crime..... you shouldn't get suspended from your profession. Again, the law found him INNOCENT. That means in the eyes of the law, he did not do anything worth punishing.

Who are we to speculate on what he did that night? Just STFU with that stuff, whatever you say isn't fact, so it doesn't mean anything in the big picture.

I realize the NFL holds it's players to higher standards, but they also have to realize that woman love attention and will fabricate a story to make it appear someone as high profile as Ben was in the wrong.

No suspention. It sends too strong of a message here.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:55 PM   #39
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Never said one way or another in this thread whether or not he should get one, but I just think this guy is a poor representative of what was once a proud franchise who used to steer away from these sort of problem chlldren. That's all I'm commenting on here.

I don't know whether or not he should get a suspension. I just think him putting the team in a bad light and allowing himself to get questioned like this is worthy of 1/2 games.

He can't get off completely free in this. 4 games is too much, but there's a pattern of questionable behavior here by a guy who needs to be humbled, and shown that he can't be placed above the team.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:14 PM   #40
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Again, he was never arrested or, convited or even sent to trial for this. For all we know it was a fabricated story from the woman. The point is we don't know.... so how can you suspend someone when he's innocent by law, never was arrested and never was in front of a jury.

If you're going to suspend someone for getting his mack on at a club, I don't agree with that. He can be and probably is a huge douche to woman, but that doesn't warrent suspension.

If the Steelers want to suspend him in hopes of him not going out anymore, or becoming less of a douche to woman, than that's their business and have every right to do it.....I don't agree with a suspension....but they're the ones paying him his salary.... however, no suspension should come from the league.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 PM   #41
northwinds
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Again, he was never arrested or, convited or even sent to trial for this. For all we know it was a fabricated story from the woman. The point is we don't know.... so how can you suspend someone when he's innocent by law, never was arrested and never was in front of a jury.

If you're going to suspend someone for getting his mack on at a club, I don't agree with that. He can be and probably is a huge douche to woman, but that doesn't warrent suspension.

If the Steelers want to suspend him in hopes of him not going out anymore, or becoming less of a douche to woman, than that's their business and have every right to do it.....I don't agree with a suspension....but they're the ones paying him his salary.... however, no suspension should come from the league.

Thank you....Thank you....there are folks with cognitive ability still lurking on this thread.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:29 AM   #42
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The Steelers have said they will suspend him regardless of what the league rules but they said they will do it in conjunction with the league. I guess the league will kind of sign off on it and determine if they think it is fair.

I think it will be 2 games max but probably just one. The Rooney's have every right to suspend him and should if they feel it is what is right. You're last paragraph hit it on the head because the Rooney's pay his salary and this is their team.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #43
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:

I think we can agree on this. It should be a team decision.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:44 AM   #44
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Thank you....Thank you....there are folks with cognitive ability still lurking on this thread.

You aren't one of them.

I think it should be a team decision. Not once during our discussion, did I say that he should be suspended. Not until a few posts ago, and even then I said it should be a team decision.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:17 AM   #45
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
You aren't one of them.

I think it should be a team decision. Not once during our discussion, did I say that he should be suspended. Not until a few posts ago, and even then I said it should be a team decision.

The team has already taken control of the situation and said they will be handing out the suspension. They will consult the league about what they feel should be the length of it but in the end its the Rooneys decision.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: