Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-16-2010, 01:08 PM   #46
TennesseeFan
Banned

Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayoffs?

Big Ben/Bradshaw is going to start fascist hate groups in Pittsburgh.

Big Ben is the Aryan Nazis and Bradshaw is the KKK.
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:26 PM   #47
northwinds
Banned

Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayoffs?

Name me an NFL player who has neither been arrested, charged, convicted of a crime nor exhibited inflamatory language who has been suspended. It hasn't happened....there is no such precedent under Goodell's policy. Erik Kuselias made this point over and over this morning on ESPN. And when the host tried to bring race into the subject, Kuselias made the point even stronger by saying that a black quarterback who has never been charged, convicted, or arrested of a crime (and nothing inflamatory said) would never be suspended under the league's policy. Hasn't happened never will. That being said, Goodell will suspend Big Ben for fear of the Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons coming after the NFL. Better to suspend whitey than suffer the rath of the professional race baiters.
northwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #48
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by northwinds
Name me an NFL player who has neither been arrested, charged, convicted of a crime nor exhibited inflamatory language who has been suspended. It hasn't happened....there is no such precedent under Goodell's policy. Erik Kuselias made this point over and over this morning on ESPN. And when the host tried to bring race into the subject, Kuselias made the point even stronger by saying that a black quarterback who has never been charged, convicted, or arrested of a crime (and nothing inflamatory said) would never be suspended under the league's policy. Hasn't happened never will. That being said, Goodell will suspend Big Ben for fear of the Sharptons and Jesse Jacksons coming after the NFL. Better to suspend whitey than suffer the rath of the professional race baiters.

You do realize Art Rooney II has come out publicly and said that the team will suspend Ben don't you? The suspension will be handed down by the team. They are consulting the NFL on the matter to insure that there will be only one suspension and not one done seperately by each party.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:48 PM   #49
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Bold move by the NFL....I think this send a good message though.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:52 PM   #50
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

NFL suspending Big Ben? Thats bogus.
Pitt Steelers suspending Big Ben? Thats thier business.

How I see it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:07 PM   #51
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

this is strange because I don't for a second think that Ben should be suspended, infact I never really considered it a possibility...

but I hate the dude so much that I hope he breaks this throwing arm this year...

so whatever...I find it very difficult to feel sorrow for this giant bag of douche...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 PM   #52
jazz873
College star

Suspension was knocked down to 4 games
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 PM   #53
beasly15
TEXANS

Default Re: If Big Ben is suspended at least 4 games, are the Steelers going to miss theplayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
this is strange because I don't for a second think that Ben should be suspended, infact I never really considered it a possibility...

but I hate the dude so much that I hope he breaks this throwing arm this year...

so whatever...I find it very difficult to feel sorrow for this giant bag of douche...

kinda cold blooded. i don't really care either, i just hate that he got reduced and cushing got dissed. it's probably cause cushing is black
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:39 PM   #54
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Four game suspension without a conviction? I doubt that.

Well, it happened (and good thing). With or without a conviction, Big Ben is putting himself in danger by simply being a part of these risky circumstances. Dude needed a reality check; let's hope he can cash this one, bank the maturity and progress as a player, instead of regress.

Personally, I'm not a fan of the guy. At all, really.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: