Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-17-2006, 05:28 PM   #1
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

SirPresident has an OK reputation so far
Default Rudy Gay

Do any of you watch Rudy Gay? I don't mean highlights, i mean full games, and a fair amount.

The biggest problem i hear about him is his lack of heart.

However all the same sources that say this also say he has great defence... To me it seems like players who have such great defence always have heart... So why not Rudy Gay? Can anyone who watchs him lots tell me what he does that makes people lack his heart?

I really think (and this is without seeing much cept highlights and how great he is at defence) that Rudy Gay is not going to have any issue with "heart", i also am thinking he may be the best choice at #1!

Any of you with me?
SirPresident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 06:55 PM   #2
ThaKid
King

ThaKid has an OK reputation so far

yea ur rite..how could someone with good d not have heart.....defense is all heart
ThaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #3
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

there are 3 cant miss players in this draft

rudy gay
marcus williams
lamarcus aldridge

they will all be superstars
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

I see Rudy Gay and Lamarcus Aldridge as the "safe" picks for the raptors they will be good picks. I think they will both be all stars.

i think Andrea Bargnani could be a top 3 player in the league one day, however he is a gamble in my mind. May be great pick may be a bust
Old 06-17-2006, 09:36 PM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Rudy seems to not try for stretches
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 11:02 PM   #6
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

Does he still give it his all on defence and just not play aggressive on offance at these times?
Old 06-18-2006, 01:44 AM   #7
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

I don't know if we should draft gay though, considering we have charlie playing the 3 and unless we move everyone down a position and ahve bosh playing 5 this won't work out. And i really do not like the idea of Bosh playing the C again.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:15 AM   #8
SirPresident
I hit open 5-footers

We need to draft on talent, not the fact that some fat kid does not like the idea of Bosh playing C.

IF there are other reasons not to draft gay, fine, but shut up with that one already.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:38 AM   #9
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
there are 3 cant miss players in this draft

rudy gay
marcus williams
lamarcus aldridge

they will all be superstars

Brandon Roy is the best player in this draft. He will be consistant night in and night out. a 19 - 22 / 5 / 4 type guy. Perfect second option with good D.

He is goin to be a better version on Mo Pete. Maybe a Eddie Jones type player but a little better.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 10:15 AM   #10
bk33
duck my sick

bk33 has decent reputation

I think the lack of heart issues was referring to him disappearing in the big games during the tournament. I do agree on drafting for talents, that put Gay right on top of the list with Aldridge and Andrea.
bk33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 01:05 PM   #11
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If we do draft Gay, Bosh well have to play Center, like he has been most of last season, when we had Hoffa commiting 2 fouls within 3 mins. So drafting Gay wont change all that much.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:37 PM   #12
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Rudy Gay would be perfect for the Raps. He is a good athlete and is great defensivly. At times he is said to not be motivated. Pretty much all the same thigs that were said about Charlie Villanueva.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 04:53 PM   #13
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

seriously, if rudy gay works on his ball handling enough to be able to play the nba 2 then he will be an excellent fit foe us and one hell of a player very soon. i really see him as a big time star
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: