Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #1
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Props to Vinny

It takes balls to stand up to Reinsdorf. And with him being the snitch (which is obvious after the Nets fiasco), he pretty much made the 'organization' look like the dysfunctional mom-and-pop shop it has been since Skiles was fired.

He's going to get fired (mostly for being a mediocre coach), but he has my respect. I hope he gets another NBA coaching job soon.

Reinsdorf and Paxson can go **** themselves.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,309
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Pargo is going to replace Vinny as the Head Coach.

Jerry will never spend the money for a decent, proven coach.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
Rose
nanu nanu
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 30,459
Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Dak seems to be making all these posts I agree with.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 11:57 PM   #4
ljsbb27
Local High School Star
 
ljsbb27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,176
ljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this boardljsbb27 is popular on this board
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Agreed. I think he'll get an assistant coaching job somewhere. And then maybe a head coaching position a couple of years down the road. I hope we spend some money to bring in a proven experienced head coach (Byron Scott) but who knows what our Owner, Paxson, and Forman will do. We know our Owner isn't going to change. Atleast not any time soon I wouldn't think. But maybe we'll get lucky and Paxson and Forman will be gone. This is me hoping.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:40 AM   #5
VishaltotheG
College star
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,456
VishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsVishaltotheG has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Pargo is going to replace Vinny as the Head Coach.

Jerry will never spend the money for a decent, proven coach.

VishaltotheG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:45 AM   #6
Undisputed
Devil without a cause
 
Undisputed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,509
Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Props to Vinny

I'm going to wait a while before giving my opinions on this. There's a lot of conflicting stuff out there. What a weird situation. I feel it's being blown out out of proportion.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 12:49 AM   #7
Undisputed
Devil without a cause
 
Undisputed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,509
Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
Pargo is going to replace Vinny as the Head Coach.

Jerry will never spend the money for a decent, proven coach.

They tried to get D'Antoni, he just preferred New York. I think the Bulls will take advantage of what's going on with the Bulls. If Vinny is gone, my instincts tell me they're going big.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 01:11 AM   #8
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter
 
ConanRulesNBC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: IL
Posts: 8,577
ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Props to Vinny

I'd rather see Vinny stay and Forman/Paxson go.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
Fuhqueue
Pick and rofl offence
 
Fuhqueue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: coming in from the cold
Posts: 607
Fuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat coolFuhqueue is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Vinny has done well to get us into the playoffs despite all of the injury pileups and having most of his already-depleted offense traded away halfway through the season. And I have much respect him for carrying on running the team and making 8th, despite the apparently shitty and disrespectful way he's been treated by the organisation. If certain claims are true he would've been within his rights to walk. But it seems to me he was trying sincerely to not rock the boat with any controversy, didn't air anything out publically, and focused on the task at hand.

But we struggled a lot and had some real demoralising losses this season (eg New Jersey x2, the record lead blown vs Sacramento), in part due to major coaching and rotation mistakes. I know NBA coaching has a steep learning curve etc but we seem to be pulling the trigger on building success in the immediate future (with all the focus on the 2010 free agency). The team needs to advertise itself as ready for big things RIGHT NOW if the aim is to attract real stars who will desire real success. And an inexperienced head coach still making rookie errors is a big deal - many of the better players in the league have been trapped under poorer coaches, and will want to escape that. Vinnie earned a lot of respect this year and last year, but there's a limit to how far he can take a squad at the moment.

And hopefully there will be further changes, because who wants to come and work for an organisation with visible infighting and poor administration?
Fuhqueue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #10
Starkonian
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Starkonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: San Mateo, Ca
Posts: 35
Starkonian has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Doc Rivers said it was funny how he suddenly was precieved as a great coach once he had the personel to make a serious run. I'm not crazy how Vinny uses the bench, or doesn't use it at times, but he has the team playing with 110% effort right now. Without all the injuries they proabably would have had a much higher seed and a pretty good chance to get to the 2nd round, at least. Give Vinny another quality piece or two and I think the Bulls could make a big run next year. I say bring Vinny back and don't disrupt the great flow the Bulls have generated to close this year out.
Starkonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:18 PM   #11
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,549
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
I'd rather see Vinny stay and Forman/Paxson go.

The problem stems from the very top, Reinsdorff

Ill rather have a Billionaire owner like Mark Cuban who is not just smart enough but is also dedicated to winning.
Ill rather have Jerry West running the front office,
I'll rather have Popovich coaching the team etc,
and yes, Im dreaming and still not awake yet.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:37 PM   #12
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,549
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
It takes balls to stand up to Reinsdorf. And with him being the snitch (which is obvious after the Nets fiasco), he pretty much made the 'organization' look like the dysfunctional mom-and-pop shop it has been since Skiles was fired.

He's going to get fired (mostly for being a mediocre coach), but he has my respect. I hope he gets another NBA coaching job soon.

Reinsdorf and Paxson can go **** themselves.

You think he is a mediocre coach and he got your respect for having the guts to stand up and that you hope he gets another coaching gig, where?
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #13
dak121
College superstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,384
dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
You think he is a mediocre coach and he got your respect for having the guts to stand up and that you hope he gets another coaching gig, where?

Somewhere where the owner and GM aren't assholes. Kind of like how Skiles ended up in Milwaukee.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #14
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH
 
Crystallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 3,309
Crystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCrystallas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undisputed
They tried to get D'Antoni, he just preferred New York. I think the Bulls will take advantage of what's going on with the Bulls. If Vinny is gone, my instincts tell me they're going big.

I think targeting D'Antoni originally was more of a Paxson-Kerr, secret rivalry. I think even Mike D knew not to take it seriously. LOL. I think they both have made trade rumors, and teased each other, just to poke fun at each others GM'ing skills.

He wasn't the only proven coach available 2 years ago.
Ironically, that worked out, as Mike D ended up with 56 wins in 2 seasons as the Knicks Head Coach, and also with an owner willing to go far into the luxury tax. VDN had 82 wins in 2 years with a cheapskate, so at some point you have to question the motives of a proven coach looking for a payout. There aren't too many Pat Riley, George Karls, and Larry Browns in the league. Anyone can come in, with an aspiring staff and a talented roster, and make them look good.

It's no secret. I'm on the Vinny bandwagon. We can make up wishlists of GMs, Coaches and FAs that we want, but I really doubt the Bulls will make the aggressive changes that we would like them to make. Someone sold Jerry on the idea of D'Antoni, and he hasn't shown NY much of what he did with the Suns, and Jerry was convinced on the idea of bringing Ben Wallace to the Bulls, and that also didn't work out. I really believe, even with the cap space, the capabilities of the players staying, and the needs of this staff, that Jerry Reinsdorf will be extremely conservative.
Remember, the Bulls are one of the few teams that can post a profit with a losing record, in a city where big venues sell out, regardless.

VDN is the hungriest coach I have seen in this city in a LONG time. Not the most skilled, not the most experienced, however, those attributes come with time. Keep Vinny, hire better assistants that are on the same page. If VDN and Pax can't work this out, then someone is certainly not fit to work in professional sports. Most of the greatest of rivalries have ended in friendships and respect, why should some cat-fight put the Bulls in a situation where we start an all out fire-sale? In my eye, that's like a family with children has a rare but normal fight about things that were questionable and misunderstood(nothing spiteful or purposely instigated), and then one spouse rushes off to get a divorce, and the kids have to get taken by Social Services.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:03 PM   #15
Undisputed
Devil without a cause
 
Undisputed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 7,509
Undisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUndisputed is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Props to Vinny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
I think targeting D'Antoni originally was more of a Paxson-Kerr, secret rivalry. I think even Mike D knew not to take it seriously. LOL. I think they both have made trade rumors, and teased each other, just to poke fun at each others GM'ing skills.

He wasn't the only proven coach available 2 years ago.
Ironically, that worked out, as Mike D ended up with 56 wins in 2 seasons as the Knicks Head Coach, and also with an owner willing to go far into the luxury tax. VDN had 82 wins in 2 years with a cheapskate, so at some point you have to question the motives of a proven coach looking for a payout. There aren't too many Pat Riley, George Karls, and Larry Browns in the league. Anyone can come in, with an aspiring staff and a talented roster, and make them look good.

The Bulls made a serious run at D'Antoni. It wasn't a bluff or something. He was considered the best coach out there at the time and the Bulls persued it. Ultimately, I do agree. It worked out. To me Vinny stresses both sides of the ball instead of Micky D's run and gun with no defense. I think D'Antoni would've done much better with Derrick Rose, Deng, and Noah than what he has in NY, but still, I'm glad we ended up with Vinny.

Quote:
It's no secret. I'm on the Vinny bandwagon. We can make up wishlists of GMs, Coaches and FAs that we want, but I really doubt the Bulls will make the aggressive changes that we would like them to make. Someone sold Jerry on the idea of D'Antoni, and he hasn't shown NY much of what he did with the Suns, and Jerry was convinced on the idea of bringing Ben Wallace to the Bulls, and that also didn't work out. I really believe, even with the cap space, the capabilities of the players staying, and the needs of this staff, that Jerry Reinsdorf will be extremely conservative.
Remember, the Bulls are one of the few teams that can post a profit with a losing record, in a city where big venues sell out, regardless.

VDN is the hungriest coach I have seen in this city in a LONG time. Not the most skilled, not the most experienced, however, those attributes come with time. Keep Vinny, hire better assistants that are on the same page. If VDN and Pax can't work this out, then someone is certainly not fit to work in professional sports. Most of the greatest of rivalries have ended in friendships and respect, why should some cat-fight put the Bulls in a situation where we start an all out fire-sale? In my eye, that's like a family with children has a rare but normal fight about things that were questionable and misunderstood(nothing spiteful or purposely instigated), and then one spouse rushes off to get a divorce, and the kids have to get taken by Social Services.
This is a post after my own heart. Couldn't have been said more perfectly.

Last edited by Undisputed : 04-15-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Undisputed is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:31 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy