Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #181
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board
Default Re: April 17th, Round 1/Game 1: Utah Jazz(0-0) vs. Denver Nuggets (0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Ah, all the people overreacting. I remember the first time I saw the first game of a playoff series...

Wait till this series gets to Utah bc Denver will falter on the road IMO.

You still have Jazz in 5 or 6?

I could see it being a 7 games series (I personally have Nuggets in 5), but I don't see Utah winning in 5 or 6 games now
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #182
Kingwillball
3-time NBA All-Star

Kingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKingwillball posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by konex
I don't see how AK would make much of a difference. Melo is on a different level right now with that jumpshot and he's basically unguardable if he's making it..

Ak is long and a Good Defender and has the length to bother Melo's shot at least..The guys they have now cant do that.
Kingwillball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:28 AM   #183
joyner82
Banned

joyner82 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayjoyner82 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Exactly. And AK has never been a big factor one on one with Melo

AK47 has the ability to force him to make difficult shots, not that it would have mattered tonight as everything was falling. The issue is Utah has nobody to guard him period currently. CJ Miles is an absolute joke of a defender, like I said earlier these idiots allowed someone to score 17 points in the last 4 minutes of a game 2 weeks ago.
joyner82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #184
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Exactly. And AK has never been a big factor one on one with Melo, he's been helpful in help situations and coming over and blocking drives.

Well Melo didn't really drive much tonight, and even if they decided to double...he made quick decisions and wasn't looking to get to the rim all that much in order to beat help
This Jazz/Nuggets series is like 2 seasons too late. haha, it woulda been a lot more epic if we still had harpring around to piss you guys off..

And AK is by no means a "melo stopper" as some people suggest.. If anything, Melo woulda scored only 40 points tonight with AK on him.. But had we had him this game, no doubt it would have helped us with his help defense and just his presence in the paint (no more easy layups for lawson after he beats his man).. But the reality is that the Jazz wont have him this series, so they have to compensate and step it up in other ways.. No doubt you guys are a talented team, but i still feel that even without AK we're better than you. If we're without memo for a long period of time though, i think the only way we win this series would be solely with stronger will-power and more effort than the nuggets.

Good game though guys.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:29 AM   #185
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner82
I agree with you as Utah had no chance tonight. Everything was falling for Denver.

The series is done unless JR/Melo get jumpshot happy which they shouldn't but you never know with Dantley's dumbass coaching.

Basically. Melo will never turn into strictly jump shooting as when his shot isn't falling he posts up more. J.R is a wild card. Could drop 20 or 6 so can't really predict what kinda series he will have.

Not really sure what Dantley was doing with Billups tonight in the 4th but I didn't mind much as Lawson runs the team great.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #186
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
I'd like to see the stats for how the series plays out for the team that wins the first game. I'd wajor it's pretty big.
The team that wins game one ends up winning the series about 80% of the time.. but that makes sense when you think about the fact that the team that wins the first game more often than not is the team with homecourt. And the team with homecourt is more often than not the better of the two teams playing.. But when it's a 4/5 matchup in which both teams are pretty even, that "winner of the first game" law doesn't really have as big of an effect.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:34 AM   #187
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Whats amazing is that Melo had 42 points, but FIVE OTHER nuggets had double digits in scoring.

This team has so many offensive weapons (you can add KMart to the offensive weapon list as well)
Old 04-18-2010, 01:36 AM   #188
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyner82
AK47 has the ability to force him to make difficult shots, not that it would have mattered tonight as everything was falling. The issue is Utah has nobody to guard him period currently. CJ Miles is an absolute joke of a defender, like I said earlier these idiots allowed someone to score 17 points in the last 4 minutes of a game 2 weeks ago.

You're going on reputation or how you think AK matches up with Melo due to his length. Having watched basically every game they've had vs each other...AK is too light for Melo. He bullies him and drives past him, he hasn't really even primarily guarded Melo in the past.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #189
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mewwem22
The team that wins game one ends up winning the series about 80% of the time.. but that makes sense when you think about the fact that the team that wins the first game more often than not is the team with homecourt. And the team with homecourt is more often than not the better team. But when it's a 4/5 matchup in which both teams are pretty even, that "winner of the first game" law doesn't really have as big of an effect.

Yeah makes sense. I was just getting at it deff gives the winning team more momentum.

I still think Denver in 5\6 but I wouldn't be shocked if the series got pushed out 7 games.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 AM   #190
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

But on this series. Its still gonna be a tough one for Denver because their shots aren't gonna continue to fall this easily and Utah can definitely score on them.

I was actually pretty disappointed in their D
Old 04-18-2010, 01:38 AM   #191
kurple
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
You're going on reputation or how you think AK matches up with Melo due to his length. Having watched basically every game they've had vs each other...AK is too light for Melo. He bullies him and drives past him, he hasn't really even primarily guarded Melo in the past.

Harpring was always the guy who could guard Melo and not AK.

Harpring really got to his head
Old 04-18-2010, 01:40 AM   #192
konex
3-time NBA All-Star

konex has decent reputation

Quote:
But on this series. Its still gonna be a tough one for Denver because their shots aren't gonna continue to fall this easily and Utah can definitely score on them.

If the Jazz don't figure out how to control Melo, they'll be lucky to get 1 game. The way they are playing him, if his shot isn't falling, he'll be at the rim laying it in...
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:41 AM   #193
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Quote:

That was the one and only positive thing i was able to take away from this game as a jazz fan.. the fact that we were able to execute and get good shots consistently against you guys..
Our defense on the other hand.. ugh. Jerry Sloan just needs to say "whatever you guys did on the defensive end in game 1, do the opposite in game 2"
Old 04-18-2010, 01:45 AM   #194
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Ak Hasn't Been The Primary Defender On Melo Joyner!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 AM   #195
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Someone best knock that smile off melos face next game. The way harp was talking during th egmae i was ready for him to hop the table and just go take out melo. And lol at the people saying AK wouldnt have made much of a difference ak is 6'9 taller then melo he also has longer arms. We really missed AK this game and will miss him this entire series, hopefully OKur can play at least when we get back to utah. and none of this good game shit, the denver fans chanted utah sucks and melo was smiling in sloans face and every other player. **** Denver!!
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: