Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-15-2010, 05:31 PM   #16
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: April 18th, Round 1/Game 1: Utah Jazz(0-0) vs. Denver Nuggets (0-0)

Dantley better unleash Lawson. If my memory serves me correctly Lawson has had his way with Williams. I think the series could go either way but I'm confident because of the way we've played Utah this year. If Denver comes out Hungry and get out of there slump them It's over in 5\6.

Going to be exciting tho. D-Will vs Billups will be fun to watch.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:52 AM   #17
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by garubu
I have nuggets in either 5 or 6. gonna be a sweet play offs. I'm not sure who has the hardest road to the finals. Jazz or OKC. Melo is gonna go APESHIT on ak47

Ak has been hurt, I fully expect wesley matthews to guard melo most of the time, utah is sure to switch it up with miles and AK also. but the bulk I believe will be matthews, unless one of the other 2 proves to do a good job on him.

Deron needs to to take this opportunity where all the experts are calling him the best point guard in the league and dominate like he can. Throw Fes in there to make lawson think about trying to go inside with the big fella laying out some good hard fouls.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:30 PM   #18
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Ak has been hurt, I fully expect wesley matthews to guard melo most of the time, utah is sure to switch it up with miles and AK also. but the bulk I believe will be matthews, unless one of the other 2 proves to do a good job on him.

Isn't Matthews a shooting guard?
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #19
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Dantley better unleash Lawson. If my memory serves me correctly Lawson has had his way with Williams. I think the series could go either way but I'm confident because of the way we've played Utah this year. If Denver comes out Hungry and get out of there slump them It's over in 5\6.

Going to be exciting tho. D-Will vs Billups will be fun to watch.
Oh he'll unleash him alright. Right around the 2 minute mark of the 3rd quarter. Until Karl comes back, AC will most likely get a lot of minutes. Early in the season, AC saw a lot of minutes on the court, then he got hurt and Lawson took over. Lawson was playing excellent until unfortunately he got hurt as well. Seems like it's AC's turn again and Lawson will have to wait.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #20
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

This series will go to at least 6. I want to say Denver, but they've only recently gotten healthier and have looked very out of sync lately. On the other hand, not having AK and a healthy Boozer presumably throughout the series is huge for Utah as well.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:02 PM   #21
MELOgamaniac
High school junior varsity star

MELOgamaniac has an OK reputation so far

I beleive we can win this in 5 games...im only concerned by our weakness in coaching, but hoepfully since we are the better team and maybe chauncey can help lead and melo steps up we will be ok
MELOgamaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:03 PM   #22
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
BILLUPS:
2 games vs Jazz - 27ppg, only 3apg, 1 TO, 43% from the field & 43% from three
3+ days rest (8 games) - 21ppg, 6.4 apg, 2 TO, 49% from the field & 44% from three

He got to the line 14 times a game against Utah, so I'm not expecting the same scoring numbers, but his shooting %'s are off the charts with 3 days rest.

MELO:
2 games vs. Utah: 33.5 ppg, 8rpg, 54.5% from the field
3+ days rest (7 games): 29ppg, only 5.3 rpg, 53% from the field & 37% from three

JR:
3 games vs. Utah: Terrible shooting, 35% from the field & 25% from three
3+ days rest: 18ppg, 44% from the field, 36% from three.

I think his horrible shooting vs Utah is a result of him being the 1st option in the two games with Melo & CB out

Memo also beasts with 3 days rest (not against the Nuggets) and he & Korver are the players that worries me (the 2nd unit doesn't defend the 3pt line well)

Game 1: in Denver is with 3 days rest so I expect a Win
Game 2: in Denver and I expect them to win again after a confidence boost in game 1, and the Nuggets are an ELITE home team.
Game 3: 3 days rest and Nuggets have even more confidence, so I'll say a third win for the Nuggets (3 days rest is the key)
Game 4: Utah will win, cuz they as well are an elite home team.
Game 5: Nuggets will end the season at home in game 5.
You do realize that the two haven't faced each other since early February right? While I do agree that the Nuggets have matched up very nicely against them in the regular season, this isn't the same team we faced a couple of months ago. They've been playing much better since then, hence the identical record between the two. I used to feel the same way though, but with the way Denver's been stumbling lately, I'd say winning in 5 is a bit of a stretch. Especially when you have to consider 3 of those 7 games will have to be played in Utah and they're not going to give up easily at home. I'll be very surprised if they take care of them in just 5.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #23
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MELOgamaniac
I beleive we can win this in 5 games...im only concerned by our weakness in coaching, but hoepfully since we are the better team and maybe chauncey can help lead and melo steps up we will be ok
I wish.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:07 PM   #24
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by airchibundo507
Isn't Matthews a shooting guard?

Yes he is a shooting guard but i dont see how that makes any difference? Wesley is our best man defender, he will play melo. Affalo is your best defender and a shooting guard but he will be on deron. Just because your at the 2 spot doesnt mean you need to guard the 2 spot.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:13 PM   #25
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yes he is a shooting guard but i dont see how that makes any difference? Wesley is our best man defender, he will play melo. Affalo is your best defender and a shooting guard but he will be on deron. Just because your at the 2 spot doesnt mean you need to guard the 2 spot.

That makes quite a bit of a difference. Melo will abuse Matthews in the post. No team has ever been bold/dumb enough to give a shooting guard that kind of a defensive assignment. Afflalo on Deron is a much more reasonable matchup.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:24 PM   #26
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Quote:
That makes quite a bit of a difference. Melo will abuse Matthews in the post. No team has ever been bold/dumb enough to give a shooting guard that kind of a defensive assignment. Afflalo on Deron is a much more reasonable matchup.

Matthews will do a better job on Melo then Afflalo will do on Deron. Melo doesnt post up that much and if he starts to then we will probably see the bigger miles play him, but when the game is in crunch time you can expect to see matthews guarding melo.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:33 PM   #27
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Quote:
Matthews will do a better job on Melo then Afflalo will do on Deron. Melo doesnt post up that much and if he starts to then we will probably see the bigger miles play him, but when the game is in crunch time you can expect to see matthews guarding melo.

Afflalo is a premier perimeter defender. He might not shut Williams down, but he will certainly force him into difficult looks. I'm not sure how many Nuggets games you've seen, but half of Melo's offensive game is centered in the post. Matthews on Melo is a HUGE mismatch. If that is really the gameplan, then the Jazz will probably send an automatic double team whenever Melo penetrates.

Last edited by airchibundo507 : 04-17-2010 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #28
garubu
Kids at the park dunk on me

garubu has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Afflalo is a premier perimeter defender. He might not shut Williams down, but he will certainly force him into difficult looks. I'm not sure how many Nuggets games you've seen, but half of Melo's offensive game is centered on the post. Matthews on Melo is a HUGE mismatch. If that is really the gameplan, then the Jazz will probably send an automatic double team whenever Melo penetrates.

Hey if the Jazz want to put a shooting gaurd on melo in the post then im all for it. Melo is going to abuse that mismatch. i got melo scoring 50 if that happens.
garubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:41 PM   #29
Mewwem22
Go Jazz!

Mewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected posterMewwem22 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by garubu
Hey if the Jazz want to put a shooting gaurd on melo in the post then im all for it. Melo is going to abuse that mismatch. i got melo scoring 50 if that happens.
Well when we had Brewer, we had him guard melo a lot of the time.. So a SG on him would work. And with AK out, Matthews really is out best perimeter defender, so i'd like to see him try guarding anthony as well..

Btw, isn't there anyway that the title of this thread could be changed? I mean, the game is today not tomorrow.
Mewwem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #30
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

Brewer 6'7"
Matthews 6'5"

Besides, AK has always matched up against Melo the most.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: