Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 04-16-2010, 02:58 AM   #16
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kim Hughes Fired as Interim Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tito Beasley
I don't get what you mean by this.
Hypothetically, Indy can get Kaman for nothing but the 10th pick. Obviously he and Hibbert couldn't play together, and I'm not about to give O'Brien a reason to bench him, so Kaman'd have to be moved somewhere else. A convoluted way I guess of saying I think in a vacuum the 10th pick in this draft for Kaman is robbery.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:28 AM   #17
Tito Beasley
Banned

Tito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTito Beasley is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm tellin you man, Kaman is fool's gold. That 18 points and < 10 rebounds per night he gets represent the complete totality of his contribution. He can't pass the ball, he can't make a move in the post without turning it over, he rebounds very poorly for a 7 footer playing 30+ minutes, he is an utter matador on defense, he can't catch a pass that wasn't deliberately lobbed into him from the wing (in other words, if a PG cuts to the basket and dishes to Kaman, it winds up in the hands of a camera man).

The only reason he's been able to get close to 20 a game this season is that his midrange jump shot (which is literally the only weapon he has) has been falling. That's it. He's not explosive at all (in his 7 years he's never scored 30 points in a game). If he tries to take someone off the dribble, it's a turnover. If you get it to him too close to the basket, he'll bungle the easy bucket. Literally all he can do is face up from about 15 feet and hit a jumper.

He doesn't actually do winning things. He's below average at everything except scoring, which he only is statistically respectable in because he plays 35 minutes and even on bad teams somebody has to end up scoring.

Gotta trust me on this. I don't hate players just to hate them. If you watched the Clippers nightly you would be SHOCKED at how many times relatively unknown players put up career games on Kaman. And the offense he returns isn't difference-making, unstoppable, clutch offense. It's just offense inevitable due to longevity, with a bunch of botched plays mixed in. Bottom line, he is a below average player which is a big reason why the Clippers are a below average team.
Tito Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 03:39 AM   #18
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
he can't make a move in the post without turning it over

thats the only thing you said that just isn't true at all, he makes a lot of nice post moves but he does do a lot of sh*tty things and can't be the number one option on a winning team, and on defense hes just terrible, if griffin has a good post game then trading kaman wouldn't be too bad at all
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:45 AM   #19
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Why do they always "fire" coaches instead of letting them go, or waiving them like they do to players?
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:43 AM   #20
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Nobody here thinks you're funny.

I don't understand your shtick where you're always trying to make jokes. Do you not have like an actual personality that can simply talk basketball? Is your constant attempt at being a clown some security mechanism?

I can't figure out if you talk basketball as a means to embarrass yourself, or embarrass yourself as a means to talk basketball.

Either way, you're incredibly lame.

But you're engaged, you see? Some people love it, some people hate it. The mark of a good performer.

It's ok, Tito. Someday you'll learn....someday.......
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #21
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

LAClipsFan33 has decent reputation

Quote:
I'm tellin you man, Kaman is fool's gold. That 18 points and < 10 rebounds per night he gets represent the complete totality of his contribution. He can't pass the ball, he can't make a move in the post without turning it over, he rebounds very poorly for a 7 footer playing 30+ minutes, he is an utter matador on defense, he can't catch a pass that wasn't deliberately lobbed into him from the wing (in other words, if a PG cuts to the basket and dishes to Kaman, it winds up in the hands of a camera man).

The only reason he's been able to get close to 20 a game this season is that his midrange jump shot (which is literally the only weapon he has) has been falling. That's it. He's not explosive at all (in his 7 years he's never scored 30 points in a game). If he tries to take someone off the dribble, it's a turnover. If you get it to him too close to the basket, he'll bungle the easy bucket. Literally all he can do is face up from about 15 feet and hit a jumper.

He doesn't actually do winning things. He's below average at everything except scoring, which he only is statistically respectable in because he plays 35 minutes and even on bad teams somebody has to end up scoring.

Gotta trust me on this. I don't hate players just to hate them. If you watched the Clippers nightly you would be SHOCKED at how many times relatively unknown players put up career games on Kaman. And the offense he returns isn't difference-making, unstoppable, clutch offense. It's just offense inevitable due to longevity, with a bunch of botched plays mixed in. Bottom line, he is a below average player which is a big reason why the Clippers are a below average team.

I agree with most. Although I think his jump shot is his death sometimes. When his jump shot is off he keeps shooting it and shooting it anyway. I don't think he plays as hard as he could play. He reminds me of Andrew Bynum. He's not really that interested in the game until he has the ball in his hands. He has WAY to many games where he gets torched on D and only pulls down 6-7 rebounds in 35+ minutes of play.
LAClipsFan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #22
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

There was a woman interm head coach?
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:10 PM   #23
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan

Kim Hughes :

Old 04-16-2010, 01:16 PM   #24
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
I agree with most. Although I think his jump shot is his death sometimes. When his jump shot is off he keeps shooting it and shooting it anyway. I don't think he plays as hard as he could play. He reminds me of Andrew Bynum. He's not really that interested in the game until he has the ball in his hands. He has WAY to many games where he gets torched on D and only pulls down 6-7 rebounds in 35+ minutes of play.

Yea and people want to go say how Bynum's absence has been one of the reason for the Lakers poor play... last year when he was out we didn't miss a beat so obv. other factors are involved. In this day and age you just don't have a big man who averages 18/10 on a shitty team unless they aren't really that great. Brook Lopez, Jefferson, Kaman, Bynum.... They really aren't that good. Then you have guys like Howard, Gasol, KG a couple years ago, and Duncan who average similar numbers but actually make a big impact on a game due to actually having a good all around game.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:34 PM   #25
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:54 PM   #26
LAClipsFan33
Lob City Clips

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Yea and people want to go say how Bynum's absence has been one of the reason for the Lakers poor play... last year when he was out we didn't miss a beat so obv. other factors are involved. In this day and age you just don't have a big man who averages 18/10 on a shitty team unless they aren't really that great. Brook Lopez, Jefferson, Kaman, Bynum.... They really aren't that good. Then you have guys like Howard, Gasol, KG a couple years ago, and Duncan who average similar numbers but actually make a big impact on a game due to actually having a good all around game.

Yeah on a sorry team if you are toatally offense minded you can average 18 ppg pretty easy and pull close to 10 rebounds on accident, but if you don't give your team anything else you don't have much use.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:01 PM   #27
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i wouldn't want to be coached by a man name Kim anyway. unless he was asian.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #28
ClipperRevival
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ClipperRevival has an OK reputation so far

Byron Scott PLEASE.

This is the type of guy that can turn the Clippers around because he commands that respect. I honestly feel that being a great coach requires you to EARN the respect of your players. He will do that instantly.
ClipperRevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 07:47 PM   #29
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Guys Cant Play Cuz They get a B*N*R each time they get down the court. lol.
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: