Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-08-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default next season expectations

whats up peeps,

with all this talk about possibly getting this guy or that guy how would the team do without a huge pickup this offseason.

brooks/lowry/dickau(added because i would love that)
martin/ariza/taylor
battier/budz
scola/hill/anderson
yao/jeffries/hayes

how many games would this team win?

also i htink they will get a true backup center through the draft, at least that is what i am hoping.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: next season expectations

Honestly, i think with a whole off season plus a whole season with Kevin Martin alone, this team is better than a 42 win team. Also add that to the fact, Scola played to his potential when given more minutes after landry left. I honestly believe that a a whole season together brooks-martin-scola could have put the rockets in the playoffs even if that may have been a close clinch on the 8th spot.

Then you add Yao Ming to the mix. I am usually optimistic but i believe Yao is back. Im hoping this year off not only brings him back this season but also add longevity to his career. Even with decreased min. (possibly 30mpg), i believe he will come back an 18/10 center and still a 7'6 defensive presence.

with that said, they are a playoff team. I think they will be a deep playoff team. the have players to put points on the board and as a unit (with yao) hey can be back to being a solid defensive team. they have the bench players and this team will be able to win the close ones. They definitely have the coach. im not convinced on them being championship contenders for the simple fact of chemistry, i would like to see how the rotations mesh with yao in the mix.

in summary, that is what's keeping me from believing this team can be championship contenders is chemistry. i still wouldn't mind having a big addition though lol
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #3
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It all depends.....Will Yao be healthy? Will he ever be a 20-10 center? I honestly don't know what to expect from Houston but I don't want to get my hopes up and be let down.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM   #4
mattevans11

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
It all depends.....Will Yao be healthy? Will he ever be a 20-10 center? I honestly don't know what to expect from Houston but I don't want to get my hopes up and be let down.

i really dont think he will be a 20 and 10 guy. but that only has to do with the fact that i think they will limit his minutes. i expect him to be back to his normal self in these minutes by quarter.
1st - 9 minutes
2nd - 6 min
3rd - 6 min
4th - 9 min

i really think this is a top team in the WHOLE league with just the addition of Yao, but if you happen to add another star next to him, we are talking the best overall for sure.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
YouGotServed
Brazil 2014

YouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableYouGotServed is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah Houston won what....like 40 games with Yao and Tmac. Having Yao back plus Martin should increase our wins but like I said, Yao Ming is injury prone and can go down with an injury once again. Lets just hope Houston can have one good season with a no major injuries.
YouGotServed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #6
mattevans11

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouGotServed
Yeah Houston won what....like 40 games with Yao and Tmac. Having Yao back plus Martin should increase our wins but like I said, Yao Ming is injury prone and can go down with an injury once again. Lets just hope Houston can have one good season with a no major injuries.

preach on preacher man....
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: