Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #16
RoTM
Local High School Star

RoTM has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Steelers having trade talks concerning Roethlisberger?

I remember reading before the season ended that the Raiders were mulling the idea of trading for a superbowl QB. I was laughing at the time saying yeah sb qbs grow on trees and so on yet two have been available so far this year. Anyway I'd have cut Ben dudes a freakin rapist for gods sake.
RoTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:48 AM   #17
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Listening to ESPN right now, Mort "has concrete evidence" that the Steelers are looking to ship out Big Ben for a top 10 pick....Teams like Seattle and Oakland still in need of a QB are interested.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:52 AM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He's suspended 4-6 games.

Steelers beatwriter said as of last night a couple teams inquired about Big Ben but Pitt hasnt been actively trying to deal Big Ben. But he said he wouldnt discount a trade given how much attention is being given and how fed up Pitt is because of it. He doesnt see him being traded but said given the draft is a day away that could always change.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:55 AM   #19
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Would/Should St. Louis trade the top overall pick for Roethlisberger + the Steelers first round pick? The Rams are in desperate need of a franchise QB and if they're having the slightest doubt about Bradford, why not go for a "sure thing" in Ben? And no doubt in my mind would the Steelers go for this, having the top spot in order to get Bradford or Suh.

Teams drafting in the top 10:
Rams desperately need a QB
Lions have Stafford
Bucs have Freeman
Redskins have McNabb
Chiefs have Cassel
Seattle needs a QB
Browns need a QB
Raiders need a QB
Bills need a QB
Jaguars have Garrard, but maybe.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #20
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

I cant believe they would trade Ben without getting back a QB... Them trying to trade him for a new kid for them to have to develop doesnt make sense... even with Charlie and Bryon Left there this team is a playoff contender and to take these steps back would be counterproductive. Unless a team is ready to sell the farm to get him its not going to happen.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #21
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
San Diego says no.

Pittsburgh says no...what has phillip rivers done outside of putting up great REGULAR season stats??he is not STEELER quality
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:04 PM   #22
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This is what I heard........RUMOR

-Oakland and Pittsburg are swapping 1st picks.
-Pittsburg gets Nnamndi
-Oakland gets Ben
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
ShowtymeCA2NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
This is what I heard........RUMOR

-Oakland and Pittsburg are swapping 1st picks.
-Pittsburg gets Nnamndi
-Oakland gets Ben

as a steeler fan from the Bay...I would cry if this happens...to me its a win win for both.... we would get a damn good CB which is a need and a top ten pick!!i would love this trade...plus i think the Librarian Davis would do this!!!
Nnamndi has like 3 years left on his contract right??imnot too sure
Old 04-21-2010, 01:35 PM   #24
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC
as a steeler fan from the Bay...I would cry if this happens...to me its a win win for both.... we would get a damn good CB which is a need and a top ten pick!!i would love this trade...plus i think the Librarian Davis would do this!!!

He does...but it is HUGE. That is the only draw back and the Raider need to dump it while they can...only bad thing for us is he's our best player period.

And as for Ben...I really don't care to have him because what he did...but in a football sense this is a huge upgrade at QB for us. So yes a win win for both.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:46 PM   #25
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I personally want Big Ben traded. Hope Pitt can't get the number 1 pick Sam (QB).

Ben is stupid and have problems controling himself around ladies.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:50 PM   #26
ShowtymeCA2NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
He does...but it is HUGE. That is the only draw back and the Raider need to dump it while they can...only bad thing for us is he's our best player period.

And as for Ben...I really don't care to have him because what he did...but in a football sense this is a huge upgrade at QB for us. So yes a win win for both.

yea ..Nnamndi is making QB money..haha so i agree..it is huge...and i totally agree with you...Ive washed my hands with Ben..but in a football sense..u cant argue 2 superbowl rings...plus the fact that j Russell is crap..so def a HUGE upgrade for the Oakland boys and a win win for both teams!!! here is to hoping this trade happens!!
Old 04-21-2010, 02:02 PM   #27
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Listening to ESPN right now, Mort "has concrete evidence" that the Steelers are looking to ship out Big Ben for a top 10 pick....Teams like Seattle and Oakland still in need of a QB are interested.

"Concrete" coming from ESPN is about as solid as ice cream.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:34 PM   #28
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC

With Nnamndi as our #1 corner and Ike at #2 we would have a pretty damn good set of corners. William Gay would do well at nickelback too he just shouldn't be a #2 guy. Our defense would be a lot better and our offense can survive with Denny or Leftwich under center. Our recieving corps isnt looking to good tho. Hines is old, Randel el is old, and Mike Wallace hasn't proven anything other than his speed.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 02:44 PM   #29
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I'll believe it when I see it. Big Ben is in the prime of his career. I dont see Big Ben traded from Pitt no time soon.

exactly what Im thinking when I read this. This looks like a scare tactic. Let word get out that the front office might be fed up with Ben and hope he'll get the message and clean up his act...

when players get traded for reasons like these, you dont usually hear alot of talk coming from the front office before hand about how they might do something about him.

I'll believe it when I see it
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:27 PM   #30
ShowtymeCA2NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
With Nnamndi as our #1 corner and Ike at #2 we would have a pretty damn good set of corners. William Gay would do well at nickelback too he just shouldn't be a #2 guy. Our defense would be a lot better and our offense can survive with Denny or Leftwich under center. Our recieving corps isnt looking to good tho. Hines is old, Randel el is old, and Mike Wallace hasn't proven anything other than his speed.

JB...i would be helllllla happpy if this happens..we would have to change the dynamics of the o...turn into more of a running teamm..but our d would be SICK..like u say move Gay to the nickel where he excels..he is NOT a starter..at all...im going to say it...i THINK..haha i repeat think this is the year LIMas gives us sumthing..we really have no choice..unless we snag a good wr in the 2nd round which is possible...draft a good LT with the 8 pick...draft a good rb in the 3rd..or a safety...IM ALL FOR THIS TRADE..100% ..im done with ben at this point!!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: