Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-21-2010, 03:53 PM   #31
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Steelers having trade talks concerning Roethlisberger?

I know this thread is about the possible trade of Ben, but I would just like to say that even though I think Ben is the biggest douchebag in the NFL, I do not agree with this suspention...

Steeler fans don't even like the guy apparently and want to see him gone?...Yeah, we'll see how quick that does a 180 when he throws a TD pass...

had the Steelers done good last year their tone might be different I bet...

I have heard Dallas fans yell for Romo to leave town also, and he f*cks sober girls, lol...they also 180 with a quickness after he wins a game...

Winning cures everything, even murder...look at Ray-Ray...he is a WINNER!
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:00 PM   #32
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Philly fans want McNabb gone after years of continually coming up short and because they feel his age is beginning to show. Steelers fans want their 28 year old, 2 time Super Bowl winning QB gone because he's a dickhead. And we're the idiots.

jk HA!
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:52 PM   #33
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

If Pittsburgh landed Asomugha, I would die. I'm totally for it. I don't know the credibility in this but we will see. With him and Polamalu in our secondary, yikes.

I'd be all over that Asomugha Steelers throwback jersey, yessir.

Time will tell.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:07 PM   #34
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Is anyone else kinda uncomfortable with Goodell having so much power? I'm fine with the Roethlisberger suspension, no complaints. The fact remains though this is the first time a player's been suspended w/o an arrest, criminal charges filed, or a failed drug test. He basically got suspended for being a shitbag, which he does indeed seem to be. It isn't like there's a rule he broke, other than I guess "don't upset Rodger Goodell."

I just feel like one man having this much power is going to end up bad. Eventually he's going to make the wrong ruling on something and shit is going to hit the fan. There needs to be some kind of committee or something, I don't know.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Philly fans want McNabb gone after years of continually coming up short and because they feel his age is beginning to show. Steelers fans want their 28 year old, 2 time Super Bowl winning QB gone because he's a dickhead. And we're the idiots.

jk HA!

Woah now. I don't necessarily want him gone as a player but I do see how the team would still thrive in his absence. I completely trust the Rooney's judgment and will support whatever decision they make as long as they don't get horrible value for Ben.

Edit: You tricky bastard I just saw the white text.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:41 PM   #36
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC
JB...i would be helllllla happpy if this happens..we would have to change the dynamics of the o...turn into more of a running teamm..but our d would be SICK..like u say move Gay to the nickel where he excels..he is NOT a starter..at all...im going to say it...i THINK..haha i repeat think this is the year LIMas gives us sumthing..we really have no choice..unless we snag a good wr in the 2nd round which is possible...draft a good LT with the 8 pick...draft a good rb in the 3rd..or a safety...IM ALL FOR THIS TRADE..100% ..im done with ben at this point!!

Don't get your hopes up about Limas. Reports are saying that he has spent all last season with a shrink and continues to because he is dealing with depression and definitely a lack of confidence. He's got talent but his head just isn't in the right place. Oh and him and Ted Ginn are neck and neck for worst hands in the NFL.

I heard a few rumors that we could take Arrelius Benn but I don't that happens unless he falls to us in the 2nd round.

I'm not 100% done with him because he is a playmaker on the field. As long as he keeps his hands clean from now on I would still support him as the starting QB. It would take me a while to not be totally disgusted by his douchebaggery tho.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:43 PM   #37
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Is anyone else kinda uncomfortable with Goodell having so much power? I'm fine with the Roethlisberger suspension, no complaints. The fact remains though this is the first time a player's been suspended w/o an arrest, criminal charges filed, or a failed drug test. He basically got suspended for being a shitbag, which he does indeed seem to be. It isn't like there's a rule he broke, other than I guess "don't upset Rodger Goodell."

I just feel like one man having this much power is going to end up bad. Eventually he's going to make the wrong ruling on something and shit is going to hit the fan. There needs to be some kind of committee or something, I don't know.

I've had this problem for some time now which is exactly why I dont like Goodell. He's turning into the dictator of the NFL and suspending people for not doing as he wants but, then again, I never got these suspensions. I like the way the NBA handles legal issues.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:11 PM   #38
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Don't get your hopes up about Limas. Reports are saying that he has spent all last season with a shrink and continues to because he is dealing with depression and definitely a lack of confidence. He's got talent but his head just isn't in the right place. Oh and him and Ted Ginn are neck and neck for worst hands in the NFL.

I heard a few rumors that we could take Arrelius Benn but I don't that happens unless he falls to us in the 2nd round.

I'm not 100% done with him because he is a playmaker on the field. As long as he keeps his hands clean from now on I would still support him as the starting QB. It would take me a while to not be totally disgusted by his douchebaggery tho.

haha..i agree on all accounts..but as far as the bad hands...id throw T.o. in that discussion...i did see a few mocks that had us taking Damien williams from usc in the second round..him or Regis Benn wouldnt be bad at all...i think a steal in round 3 or 4 is Riley Cooper from florida..kid is tough..the best blocking wr in college ..6 3 225lbs runs a 4.5 and has great hand/eye coordination...played in the best conf in college football and faired pretty well...plus he is a hell of a special teams player..call me biased but id love to have him in Black an Gold!!
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:57 PM   #39
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowtymeCA2NC

Pittsburgh says no...what has phillip rivers done outside of putting up great REGULAR season stats??he is not STEELER quality

That he's a better leader, that his teammates don't hate his guts. That he's not a f#cking moron that keeps getting in sh"t.

He's shown that he's the better out of all the 04 QB's. Switch those guys up, and Philip has 2 rings, and Ben doesn't have sh"t.

But don't take my word for it. Make a poll if you want.

Last edited by AirGauge23 : 04-21-2010 at 07:01 PM.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #40
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Woah now. I don't necessarily want him gone as a player but I do see how the team would still thrive in his absence. I completely trust the Rooney's judgment and will support whatever decision they make as long as they don't get horrible value for Ben.

Edit: You tricky bastard I just saw the white text.
Never fails
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #41
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
That he's a better leader, that his teammates don't hate his guts. That he's not a f#cking moron that keeps getting in sh"t.

He's shown that he's the better out of all the 04 QB's. Switch those guys up, and Philip has 2 rings, and Ben doesn't have sh"t.

Hypothetical scenarios don't change the facts. Maybe Rivers should start hanging out with Joe Thorton they seem to have a lot in common.
Old 04-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #42
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Phillip Rivers has no legit argument to be better than Ben Roethlisberger.

Homerism will lead to such a decision, reality will not.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:20 PM   #43
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I am sure Goodell did consult with a committee of some form for quite a while over this, and from what I understand he wanted to take more time before doing this but felt that it needed to be determined before the draft...

also, if Goodell was seen as someone who was abusing his power constantly, he would get voted out...he wouldn't last that long making unfavorable moves...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #44
ShowtymeCA2NC
Serious playground baller

ShowtymeCA2NC has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23

ILL give u that fact that he is a moron..but NFL is about winning RINGS...dont act like phillip aint had VERY VERY talented teams so his leadership is in question in my eyes...he got ousted first round of the playoffs more times than not so spare me the better leader bs
ShowtymeCA2NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:19 PM   #45
Lakers13
Reload Time

Lakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation hereLakers13 has an incredible reputation here

I know this kid is a douche, but he's helped lead your team to two SB's and still rather young, Steelers better think long and hard about trading him
Lakers13 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: