Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1: San Antonio Spurs(0-0) vs. Dallas Mavericks (0-0)

I was sitting there on the last day hoping that somehow San Antonio would draw anyone but Dallas.

Unfortunately it didn't happen that way. This series is a tough match-up for San Antonio. If Tony is good to go and if Richard Jefferson miraculously finds himself we could really pick up steam but.... that's a lot to ask.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:00 PM   #17
ElKuKuy
Decent playground baller

ElKuKuy has decent reputation

secret weapon
ElKuKuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #18
SCdac
NBA sixth man of the year

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

I'll go ahead and say Spurs in 6 or 7. There's a thread on "what would happen if DAL loses" and how much pressure there is on them, but is it really any different for SA? They went out and retooled in the offseason, pushing them into lux tax territory, and certainly the owner and staff alike know a first round exit, on top of mild season, will not look good for anybody. I see Greg Popovich taking these playoffs very seriously (not that he didn't before) and prepping his team accordingly and/or as if his job depended on it. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, I can see them not wanting to exit the first round again and consciously stepping up their game. Not to mention, I think the Spurs are generally underrated right now defensively and viewed as "easily beaten", which I don't think will be true (they allowed teams to less points on a worse FG% than Dallas). The Spurs-Mavs game the other night was pretty close and DAL had to bring Dirk back into the game in the 4th to help seal the W, against a lineup of something like Parker, Temple, Jefferson, Bonner, Blair... The Spurs are not juggernauts, but my point is I don't think the Mavs are either.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:27 PM   #19
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
I'll go ahead and say Spurs in 6 or 7. There's a thread on "what would happen if DAL loses" and how much pressure there is on them, but is it really any different for SA? They went out and retooled in the offseason, pushing them into lux tax territory, and certainly the owner and staff alike know a first round exit, on top of mild season, will not look good for anybody. I see Greg Popovich taking these playoffs very seriously (not that he didn't before) and prepping his team accordingly and/or as if his job depended on it. Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker, I can see them not wanting to exit the first round again and consciously stepping up their game. Not to mention, I think the Spurs are generally underrated right now defensively and viewed as "easily beaten", which I don't think will be true (they allowed teams to less points on a worse FG% than Dallas). The Spurs-Mavs game the other night was pretty close and DAL had to bring Dirk back into the game in the 4th to help seal the W, against a lineup of something like Parker, Temple, Jefferson, Bonner, Blair... The Spurs are not juggernauts, but my point is I don't think the Mavs are either.

it's a toss up, you are totally right. and i can't see how people woudl think Dallas has more pressure, the Spurs at least have the same, they used up any flexibility they had on the Jefferson signing, going out in the 1st round would be awful.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #20
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If they can split the first 2, Spurs in 6.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #21
HisAirness3
Banned

HisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Avi bet? One Month?
I'll take an avy bet for 1-2 weeks, a month is too long.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
I'll take an avy bet for 1-2 weeks, a month is too long.
I already challenged some people so cant bet you too. Waiting to see if they accept.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #23
airchibundo507
"LINISH HIM!"

airchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterairchibundo507 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Spurs in 6, hopefully.
airchibundo507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #24
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

my avatar is staying this way until playoffs are over that is a deal i already lost.
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #25
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
my avatar is staying this way until playoffs are over that is a deal i already lost.

it was with a suns fan though. you should win by default.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:51 PM   #26
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
it was with a suns fan though. you should win by default.

make it a diff abet and im down
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #27
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has decent reputation

I'm really shocked so many on ISH are favoring the Spurs in 6.
I don't know if those are serious predictions, posts from 12 year olds who haven't watched the last few years of Spurs vs. mavs series, or just ribbing...

Regardless, I cannot decide...Mavs in 6...or Mavs in 5.
And manu will have 2 30+ point nights.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #28
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter

HorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputationHorryIsMyMVP has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
make it a diff abet and im down
I'd bet a lot of money against the Spurs in this series.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:33 PM   #29
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i hate the spurs, but tim duncan won't tolerate a loss to the mavericks.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:38 PM   #30
Wonder Bread Kid
My Pimp Hand Is Lethal

Wonder Bread Kid has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarberSchool
I'm really shocked so many on ISH are favoring the Spurs in 6.
I don't know if those are serious predictions, posts from 12 year olds who haven't watched the last few years of Spurs vs. mavs series, or just ribbing...

So a 7 game series that went to overtime because of a bone headed foul and a series where Manu didn't play and the Spurs had an extremely thin roster/bench so much so that Bonner was a starter and Mason was our backup at point guard some how means something to this years series...
Wonder Bread Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: