Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-19-2010, 03:19 PM   #316
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
if the NBA was cheating to help offense it wouldn't have suspended Amare that game. No one would have batted an eyelash except spurs fans if the nba overlooked that. Yet, the NBA did it, the Suns lost. This "the nba hates the spurs" is bogus.
No, they suspended Amare because they had to enforce a clear cut rule in place. They don't hate the Spurs, it just won't make them any money if the Spurs keep winning titles at the rate they have been. Hey, no one wants to see the team that has 13 straight playoff appearances win again and again and again and again and again. I get that. They want a new face to love like LeBron. I mean, this guy gets all kinds of attention. "Witness" - I mean come on! "King" - Seriously? They want the guy that can never seem to get the job done to finally overcome, like LeBron or Dirk. Hey, I love rooting for the underdog too. It's fun, it seems like the right thing to do. And you're willing to forgive bending the standards or changing the rules at least a little accordingly. I get it. Spurs are done. Not because THEY are done, but because WE are done with them. "It was great (well, not really...lowest ratings ever), but let's move on. I want something new."
ninephive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:29 PM   #317
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

OK this is what I mean...no one else in the league except maybe Kobe gets this call consistently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8D7lbna0o

Last edited by ninephive : 04-19-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #318
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninephive
No, they suspended Amare because they had to enforce a clear cut rule in place. They don't hate the Spurs, it just won't make them any money if the Spurs keep winning titles at the rate they have been. Hey, no one wants to see the team that has 13 straight playoff appearances win again and again and again and again and again. I get that. They want a new face to love like LeBron. I mean, this guy gets all kinds of attention. "Witness" - I mean come on! "King" - Seriously? They want the guy that can never seem to get the job done to finally overcome, like LeBron or Dirk. Hey, I love rooting for the underdog too. It's fun, it seems like the right thing to do. And you're willing to forgive bending the standards or changing the rules at least a little accordingly. I get it. Spurs are done. Not because THEY are done, but because WE are done with them. "It was great (well, not really...lowest ratings ever), but let's move on. I want something new."

i don't buy it, we almost never get the matchups the NBA would want, their favored sons get knocked off all the time, and SA, a wasteland of a market (not a city, just a market - its tiny) is in the mix almost ever year. Durant gets sent to the middle of nowhere, teh Knicks always get bad lottery luck, Utah, OKC, Portland, places the NBA would never want the top talent to go always gets the picks.

I just don't buy it. if the nba is fixing things, they suck at it.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:37 PM   #319
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Quote:
i don't buy it, we almost never get the matchups the NBA would want, their favored sons get knocked off all the time, and SA, a wasteland of a market (not a city, just a market - its tiny) is in the mix almost ever year. Durant gets sent to the middle of nowhere, teh Knicks always get bad lottery luck, Utah, OKC, Portland, places the NBA would never want the top talent to go always gets the picks.

I just don't buy it. if the nba is fixing things, they suck at it.
They don't suck every year: 2002 LA vs Sacramento.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:38 PM   #320
robertshaw_1

niko your are suns or mavs fan?
Old 04-19-2010, 03:41 PM   #321
kunk75
Decent playground baller

i dunno, lots of ticky tack foul calls whenever the shooter steps back or fades away iirc

Quote:
OK this is what I mean...no one else in the league except maybe Kobe gets this call consistently:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc8D7lbna0o
kunk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:43 PM   #322
robertshaw_1

ive watched the 82 Spurs games this year....and this one against the mavs was rigged....refs are a joke...really....dirk gotta lot of calls and deserved none of them....and there were many plays were spurs players were aggressive, attacked the rim, made obvious contact, and didn't get the call!!!!!!

waaay rigged
Old 04-19-2010, 03:50 PM   #323
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertshaw_1
ive watched the 82 Spurs games this year....and this one against the mavs was rigged....refs are a joke...really....dirk gotta lot of calls and deserved none of them....and there were many plays were spurs players were aggressive, attacked the rim, made obvious contact, and didn't get the call!!!!!!

waaay rigged
Any team thats made a living off of tim duncan and bruce bowen getting away with murder(and getting more ticky tack calls than anyone but wade in duncans case) cant complain about the officials. duncan is THE most ref dependant player in the nba.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:53 PM   #324
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertshaw_1
niko your are suns or mavs fan?

not a spurs fan clearly, not a mavs fan ( i cannot express what a douche i think Mark Cuban is ). im a knicks fan. but i didnt see anything in that game that looked that bad, im sorry. a missed call here or there is not a conspiracy.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #325
spursdynasty420
Banned

Quote:
RJ sucks. If that is your key to winning good luck. And i think i've been terribly consistent on that one. He's a guy who either needs to be running, or put under ZERO pressure. You can't do either. So he will be lost.

Hill did not look good at all. He had to be hurt. He looked depressed.

What is with the rotations? Blair i thought gave some good energy even though he was getting outrebounded. (I stand by my comment his lack of size hurts him against tall frontlines, despite his relentlessness.) But, he barely played at all after that. Seemed an overreaction. Just an example...

im pretty sure blair played so little because duncan got 40 minutes. its hard to play them together. hill was DEFINATELY hurt. RJ is worthless as usual we cant come to expect anything from him. he could give more effort and get easy baskets if he cared. parker got into his groove near the end and he will be the key this next game and the rest of the series. duncan and ginobili will be duncan and ginobili.
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #326
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Quote:
not a spurs fan clearly, not a mavs fan ( i cannot express what a douche i think Mark Cuban is ). im a knicks fan. but i didnt see anything in that game that looked that bad, im sorry. a missed call here or there is not a conspiracy.
OK, not a conspiracy, you're right. I felt like it was poorly officiated in Dallas' (especially Dirk's) favor. I guess I'm just bitter because them and the Lakers are the only teams to have beaten us in the playoffs in like the last decade. It feels like they get more calls than say Parker or Duncan (when they get hit on the elbow on their shots). Maybe it just looks that way because of the way Dirk & Kobe shoot the ball. I feel bad now. It's like, ok, here's a guy supporting a team that hasn't had a winning season or won a playoff game in almost a decade. I have no idea how that would feel because of the Spurs' consistency since the ABA. We have high expectations for them and sometimes it feels like they get no respect. (compared to the Clevelands, Dallas', & Phoenix's of the world who have proven nothing, yet get unbelievable media attention) Anyway, tough loss for the Spurs...should have taken better care of the ball and need to find a way to guard Dirk without touching him. Should be a good series as usual, but hoping we don't lose from the line again.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:14 PM   #327
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
im pretty sure blair played so little because duncan got 40 minutes. its hard to play them together. hill was DEFINATELY hurt. RJ is worthless as usual we cant come to expect anything from him. he could give more effort and get easy baskets if he cared. parker got into his groove near the end and he will be the key this next game and the rest of the series. duncan and ginobili will be duncan and ginobili.

hill HAD to be hurt. his body language was that of someone whose legs weren't cooperating.

i wasnt aware Duncan and Blair don't compliment each other.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:41 PM   #328
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Quote:
it was not egregious. It wasn't someone not a spurs fan watching would say "wow the refereeing was bad". I didn't think about this at all, no one on this board did, and the spurs fans are all "OMG WE WERE CHEATED".

You are being homers, the refereeing wasn't bad. You are not the better team, if you are going to take a lot of jumpers and if Blair is going to get outworked by Haywood, Dampier, you are going to lose. PERIOD. And you can claim cheating but it sounds like sour grapes to be honest.

Spurs have to come out with much more energy and be ready to fight. These are not the old spurs teams which fit together so perfectly vs. the teams they faced. The team with better chemistry in this series is the Mavs.
Just a few from this thread:

lakerHater:
"You jus cant touch Dirk!!!"

ALBballer:
"Dirk gets a bunch of calls......as do most superstars."

Derek Zoolander:
"It's the biggest mystery in the NBA how Dirk gets so many freethrows when all he does is shoot midrange fadeaways."

lakerHater:
"Phantom call!!
Mason didnt even touch Jerk Nobitchski!!!
Refs are gonna mess up this game!! 11 TOs for the Spurs & only down 5...DAMN!"

ALBballer:
"I love Dirk, but he's getting a ****load of calls."

lakerHater:
"OMG, 1st set of free throws for San Antonio!!"

Derek Zoolander:
"how does he get these bull**** freethrows shooting fades"

lakerHater:
"Dirk pushes off n Bonner gets called!!!!"

chitownsfinest:
"Dirk usually does not get his calls constantly so I'm not too pissed at him getting the benefit of the doubt in this game"

lakerHater:
"Bennet Salvatore is the best player on the Mavs team!"

chitownsfinest:
"Ok everyone has to agree that and 1 for Dirk was pure bs..."

blackification:
"****ing salvatore making this a whistle fest.."
Old 04-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #329
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Just a few from this thread:

lakerHater:
"You jus cant touch Dirk!!!"

ALBballer:
"Dirk gets a bunch of calls......as do most superstars."

Derek Zoolander:
"It's the biggest mystery in the NBA how Dirk gets so many freethrows when all he does is shoot midrange fadeaways."

lakerHater:
"Phantom call!!
Mason didnt even touch Jerk Nobitchski!!!
Refs are gonna mess up this game!! 11 TOs for the Spurs & only down 5...DAMN!"

ALBballer:
"I love Dirk, but he's getting a ****load of calls."

lakerHater:
"OMG, 1st set of free throws for San Antonio!!"

Derek Zoolander:
"how does he get these bull**** freethrows shooting fades"

lakerHater:
"Dirk pushes off n Bonner gets called!!!!"

chitownsfinest:
"Dirk usually does not get his calls constantly so I'm not too pissed at him getting the benefit of the doubt in this game"

lakerHater:
"Bennet Salvatore is the best player on the Mavs team!"

chitownsfinest:
"Ok everyone has to agree that and 1 for Dirk was pure bs..."

blackification:
"****ing salvatore making this a whistle fest.."

i meant people outside this thread. people with an anti mav agenda saw biased refereeing. The rest of the world, not discussing it.

Why would that be?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:26 PM   #330
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Quote:
i meant people outside this thread. people with an anti mav agenda saw biased refereeing. The rest of the world, not discussing it.

Why would that be?
Because it's the norm now. They used to talk about it all the time. Like in 2006 when Barkley called it the worst officiated game he'd ever seen (that was the game Dirk set a record with like 24 free throws). It was referenced over and over but now it is expected. Dirk gets treatment. Same with Kobe. They don't really talk about it much anymore. It's just part of the game. Doesn't make it right, but it is what it is.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: