Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #346
spursdynasty420
Banned

spursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayspursdynasty420 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
quoting mostly Spurs fans complaining about refs to prove that the refs were bad?

BRILLIANT!

The one from Zoolander where he says its a mystery about Dirk getting FTs when he only shoots fade aways came right after a replay clearly showed Dirk getting hit on the arm.

Yea, Bruce f-ing Bowen when defending Dirk was NEVER allowed to clutch, grab, hack, or slide under his ankles after a shot. Never!

i think only one of those people are actually spurs fans. just alot of dirk haters maybe
spursdynasty420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #347
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertshaw_1
2006 finals were not rigged..not even close...

why do you say that?

probably the 2007 first round against golden state was rigged also....right?

by the way......GOLDEN STATE!!!!!
You gonna acknowledge that you just made the 96 number up earlier?
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:30 AM   #348
robertshaw_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
You gonna acknowledge that you just made the 96 number up earlier?

didnt remember the exact number....i was REALLY CLOSE...whats the difference...
Old 04-20-2010, 01:48 AM   #349
Basketball Dirk
High school junior varsity star

Basketball Dirk is considered somewhat coolBasketball Dirk is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

The difference is that you have no credibility left and we can just ignore you for the troll that you are.
Basketball Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:52 AM   #350
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

14 off is kind of a large number when you are talking about Fts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spursdynasty420
i think only one of those people are actually spurs fans. just alot of dirk haters maybe

dudes really seemed to be backing the Spurs but whatevs
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:54 AM   #351
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
14 is fairly large number. And the fact that duncan shot MORE fts than dirk and the Spurs shot MORE fts than the mavs is a really big difference.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:02 AM   #352
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

This is going to be a good Series. If Spurs win Game 2, then Spurs in 6. If the Mavs win Game 2, then Mavs in 5. Yes, I believe its that important.

Now I thought the officiating was a bit one-sided, but I am not going to sit here and complain about it. Whats done is done. I do however miss the days when only the big men who fought and clawed their way in the paint deserved the calls. I really don't understand why Dirk gets the calls that he gets. I mean the guy almost never enters the paint and only shoots mid-range fadeaways. Why does he deserve the call? Why does he always get the benefit of the doubt? Why does he get 10-15 free throws a game when the guy plays freaking 20 feet from the basket? Then when a defender gets a little physical with him and tries to make getting a good shot off difficult for Dirk, the refs act like the world exploded and blow the shit out of their whistles.

I mean think about it for a second. You would think that a guy who gets a lot of calls and spends a lot of time at the free throw line would be someone who constantly drives the ball and takes a lot of contact. But Dirk doesn't take contact. With Dirk's game, the most contact he ever gets is a slight grace on the elbow, and for some reason, that is enough to call a foul 20 feet from the basket. I mean for real now, this is the Playoffs. Stop rewarding players who take no risks and just take 20 foot mid-range fadeaways. I mean really, how many other players in the League can just take that same shot alone and still get 10-15 free throws a game?

Ah, whatever. I am not going to get heated up over this. Well, I already have I guess. We still could have won, and we can still win Game 2. The two things that hurt us the most is our turnovers and ALL THE OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AND SECOND CHANCE POINTS WE GAVE UP! That is a big no no. If we continue to not crash the boards, then we aren't going anywhere. So stop turning over the damn ball, and CRASH THE BOARDS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Oh, and stop with the small ball. Small ball = Fail. Don't ever play Blair at Center. That is just stupid. Haywood basically had half a foot advantage on him. Also, why is Mason getting minutes? He sucks. Hill should have played more, and I was hoping he would play more in Game 2, but I heard he wasn't going to play or something like that? I am not sure. If so, play Temple. He plays Defense and contributes to our team so much more than Mason.

Other than that, good game by the Mavs. Hopefully, Dirk won't have another game like that in the Series, or we are ****ed.
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #353
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
This is going to be a good Series. If Spurs win Game 2, then Spurs in 6. If the Mavs win Game 2, then Mavs in 5. Yes, I believe its that important.

Now I thought the officiating was a bit one-sided, but I am not going to sit here and complain about it. Whats done is done. I do however miss the days when only the big men who fought and clawed their way in the paint deserved the calls. I really don't understand why Dirk gets the calls that he gets. I mean the guy almost never enters the paint and only shoots mid-range fadeaways. Why does he deserve the call? Why does he always get the benefit of the doubt? Why does he get 10-15 free throws a game when the guy plays freaking 20 feet from the basket? Then when a defender gets a little physical with him and tries to make getting a good shot off difficult for Dirk, the refs act like the world exploded and blow the shit out of their whistles.

I mean think about it for a second. You would think that a guy who gets a lot of calls and spends a lot of time at the free throw line would be someone who constantly drives the ball and takes a lot of contact. But Dirk doesn't take contact. With Dirk's game, the most contact he ever gets is a slight grace on the elbow, and for some reason, that is enough to call a foul 20 feet from the basket. I mean for real now, this is the Playoffs. Stop rewarding players who take no risks and just take 20 foot mid-range fadeaways. I mean really, how many other players in the League can just take that same shot alone and still get 10-15 free throws a game?

Ah, whatever. I am not going to get heated up over this. Well, I already have I guess. We still could have won, and we can still win Game 2. The two things that hurt us the most is our turnovers and ALL THE OFFENSIVE REBOUNDS AND SECOND CHANCE POINTS WE GAVE UP! That is a big no no. If we continue to not crash the boards, then we aren't going anywhere. So stop turning over the damn ball, and CRASH THE BOARDS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Oh, and stop with the small ball. Small ball = Fail. Don't ever play Blair at Center. That is just stupid. Haywood basically had half a foot advantage on him. Also, why is Mason getting minutes? He sucks. Hill should have played more, and I was hoping he would play more in Game 2, but I heard he wasn't going to play or something like that? I am not sure. If so, play Temple. He plays Defense and contributes to our team so much more than Mason.

Other than that, good game by the Mavs. Hopefully, Dirk won't have another game like that in the Series, or we are ****ed.
Because getting physical with someone is usually code for fouling the shit out of someone and hoping the refs let you get away with it. Its illegal to put both hands on someones back. Its illegal to hand check. Tony parker and gino take advantage of the no hand check rule, so why would you be upset when it is a applied to dirk? And trust me, dirk gets a ton of uncalled fouls. He didnt last game but in general he does. Seriously, the only bad call that involved him was on one of the turnarounds(the one over mcdyess that made most of the highlights) he pretty clearly traveled. The problem is a team that relies on gino and duncan cant complain about traveing not being called closely.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:48 AM   #354
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

don't complain about the refs calling the fouls, but about the guys defending Dirk not being good enough to do so with a foul. Who cares if he's 5 or 15 feet from the basket? When he shoots and Keith Bogans hits his elbow, it is a clear foul. When Dirk goes up for a shot and gets pushed, it's a clear foul.

Maybe Dirk having one of the most indefensible shots of all time is a reason for him getting to the line often?
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 03:52 AM   #355
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

stopped reading there...

this is gonna be flat out murder...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:12 AM   #356
JustinJDW

JustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this boardJustinJDW is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
stopped reading there...

this is gonna be flat out murder...
Really?

You think Dirk is going to shoot like that for the rest of the Series? And you think the Spurs are going to turnover the ball and give up offensive rebounds like that again in the Series?

Keep in mind, with all the free throws you guys got and the way Dirk played and Hill and Jefferson not being very effective, we still only lost by six points.

Now how do you think things will go in Game 2?
JustinJDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:10 AM   #357
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Really?

You think Dirk is going to shoot like that for the rest of the Series? And you think the Spurs are going to turnover the ball and give up offensive rebounds like that again in the Series?

Keep in mind, with all the free throws you guys got and the way Dirk played and Hill and Jefferson not being very effective, we still only lost by six points.

I think the Spurs will lose game 2...and game 3, and 4

I'll be honest, I think you guys will be lucky to walk away with just one win...

Dallas has too many weapons...so many it is silly...

Dirk has a bad game?...well that will be the same night Butler or Kidd or Terry desides to drop 3s all night long...

it is too much to handle...too much for any team to handle not named the Lakers or Cavs...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #358
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

ninephive has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I think the Spurs will lose game 2...and game 3, and 4

I'll be honest, I think you guys will be lucky to walk away with just one win...

Dallas has too many weapons...so many it is silly...

Dirk has a bad game?...well that will be the same night Butler or Kidd or Terry desides to drop 3s all night long...

it is too much to handle...too much for any team to handle not named the Lakers or Cavs...
Except the...(by year)
2010: ______
2009: Nuggets
2008: Hornets
2007: Warriors
2006: Heat
2005: Suns
2004: Kings
2003: Spurs
2002: Kings
2001: Spurs
And then before that you guys couldn't make the playoffs for a decade.

You guys act like you are going to win it every year. And every year you choke worse than the year before. Well, I don't know '06 and '07 are hard to top.

And ROFL to you thinking you're going to sweep us. When the history of your franchise only has 2 sweeps ever (and those first rounders against Minnesota and Memphis), I don't think sweeps are something you should come to expect.

And I always forget how bad the Mavericks are as an organization. What a pathetic history!!

Last edited by ninephive : 04-20-2010 at 10:42 AM.
ninephive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #359
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Really?

Yall's last 6 points were in garbage time. The Mavs led 12 points with 2 mins left.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:16 AM   #360
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

dirk-kidd-butler-marion-terry-beobouis-barea-thomas-haywood-dampier-stevenson-najera against an aging spurs team? keep dreamin spurs boys , remind us if we are already playin
the lakers

Last edited by snipes12 : 04-20-2010 at 10:22 AM.
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: