Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-20-2010, 10:35 AM   #361
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

ninephive has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipes12
dirk-kidd-butler-marion-terry-beobouis-barea-thomas-haywood-dampier-stevenson-najera against an aging spurs team? keep dreamin spurs boys , remind us if we are already playin
the lakers
OK, we will..."what would it be like to match our longest run without a championship since the 90's?"

PS - @ beobouis, stevenson, najera
ninephive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:50 AM   #362
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There has been NOTHING this season to indicate SA should be favored, or are going to come out and run over Dallas. That's just homerism. This is a series that should be very close. I think this game is ten times more important to SA than Dallas. Dallas can win a game in SA - that's not a problem. SA winning 2 games in a row at home i think is more shaky. I think if SA takes this, splits at home, and then let's play best of 3 which i think SA can win any of those games. If SA loses tonight, bye bye...see ya next year.
niko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #363
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
There has been NOTHING this season to indicate SA should be favored, or are going to come out and run over Dallas. That's just homerism. This is a series that should be very close. I think this game is ten times more important to SA than Dallas. Dallas can win a game in SA - that's not a problem. SA winning 2 games in a row at home i think is more shaky. I think if SA takes this, splits at home, and then let's play best of 3 which i think SA can win any of those games. If SA loses tonight, bye bye...see ya next year.
Yes you will...unlike New York.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #364
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninephive
Yes you will...unlike New York.

don't hate the messenger, hate the message.

Spurs fans talked the same shit to me last year when i said Dallas would knock you out - should i lie and say i see the spurs taking apart the mavs and moving on? Would that make you all feel better?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:12 AM   #365
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Quote:
don't hate the messenger, hate the message.

Spurs fans talked the same shit to me last year when i said Dallas would knock you out - should i lie and say i see the spurs taking apart the mavs and moving on? Would that make you all feel better?
Oh I do hate the message...so who did you say was taking it all last year?
Old 04-20-2010, 11:14 AM   #366
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Oh I do hate the message...so who did you say was taking it all last year?

Lakers. (who i hate). This year i think Cavs (who i also hate). Needless to say i'm not having that much fun.

And i said last year the Mavs would annihilate the Spurs. This year i think 6 games. I just think the Spurs team doesn't fit right - this is a team that had (during their title years) SICK chemistry. It was so fantastic. This team, not at all.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #367
ninephive
Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4...

Quote:
Lakers. (who i hate). This year i think Cavs (who i also hate). Needless to say i'm not having that much fun.

And i said last year the Mavs would annihilate the Spurs. This year i think 6 games. I just think the Spurs team doesn't fit right - this is a team that had (during their title years) SICK chemistry. It was so fantastic. This team, not at all.
That's conveniet...let me guess, Boston the year before, Spurs the year before, and Miami the year before.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:44 PM   #368
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
That's conveniet...let me guess, Boston the year before, Spurs the year before, and Miami the year before.
Cleveland has not won yet. And i don't recall before Boston, but i didn't think they'd win, don't think i picked SA, and thought Dallas would wollop Miami.

Picking LA last year was hardly being psychic.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #369
Arti
I hit open layups

Arti has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
This is going to be a good Series. If Spurs win Game 2, then Spurs in 6. If the Mavs win Game 2, then Mavs in 5. Yes, I believe its that important.

Now I thought the officiating was a bit one-sided, but I am not going to sit here and complain about it. Whats done is done. I do however miss the days when only the big men who fought and clawed their way in the paint deserved the calls. I really don't understand why Dirk gets the calls that he gets. I mean the guy almost never enters the paint and only shoots mid-range fadeaways. Why does he deserve the call? Why does he always get the benefit of the doubt? Why does he get 10-15 free throws a game when the guy plays freaking 20 feet from the basket? Then when a defender gets a little physical with him and tries to make getting a good shot off difficult for Dirk, the refs act like the world exploded and blow the shit out of their whistles.

I mean think about it for a second. You would think that a guy who gets a lot of calls and spends a lot of time at the free throw line would be someone who constantly drives the ball and takes a lot of contact. But Dirk doesn't take contact. With Dirk's game, the most contact he ever gets is a slight grace on the elbow, and for some reason, that is enough to call a foul 20 feet from the basket. I mean for real now, this is the Playoffs. Stop rewarding players who take no risks and just take 20 foot mid-range fadeaways. I mean really, how many other players in the League can just take that same shot alone and still get 10-15 free throws a game?
Actually Dirk puts the ball on the floor and gets fouled going to the basket quite a bit. Anyone who has watched him in the last 5 years knows that.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #370
icemanfan
Local High School Star

icemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat coolicemanfan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
14 off is kind of a large number when you are talking about Fts

dudes really seemed to be backing the Spurs but whatevs
Hey Kent sorry I missed you while you were on. Hope things are going well. I am going to ignore all the storm around us here and just respond to direct post from you and the other old school guys. These are the games best enjoyed at a sports bar over pool and beer with a big screen in the corner. Miles and I were talking about meeting up 1/2 way one year for that purpose but it never quite worked out. Good luck to you guys. No matter what a Texas team advances.

ICE
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 PM   #371
HisAirness3
Banned

HisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputation
Default Re: Round 1: San Antonio Spurs(0-0) vs. Dallas Mavericks (0-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
DEAL

It's a week, remember that.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: