Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 04-16-2010, 03:18 AM   #1
C-A-T-S
@Bobcats f o r u m PSD

C-A-T-S has an OK reputation so far
Default Bulls Guard Flip Murray Says He'd Happily Return to Bobcats

Quote:
Bulls guard Flip Murray said on Wednesday that he'd happily come back to Charlotte next season if the Bobcats were interested in signing him.

Murray, a sporadically potent scorer, will be a free agent this summer. For now, he will try to help the Bulls combat the #1 seed Cavaliers in the first round.

- rotoworld

I can't speak for all our fans but I'd gladly welcome him back!
C-A-T-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Bulls Guard Flip Murray Says He'd Happily Return to Bobcats

absolutely. i really loved flip, he was a great spark off the bench
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:14 AM   #3
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yep would be a nice return for us! Good there aren't any hard feelings and that him being traded was just the nature of the business.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 08:44 AM   #4
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukballer
Yep would be a nice return for us! Good there aren't any hard feelings and that him being traded was just the nature of the business.

Flip's a standup guy.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #5
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

So it would be a choice between Flip and DJ. DJ would want a trade and we would end up losing him to a team that will allow him to blossom. We've done other stupid things. Like trade Jason Kapono for Matt who????
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far

I don't think it would have to be Flip or DJ... DJ would be in his 3rd year and should be able to handle back up point fine -- that's also assuming Felton comes back. If Felton didn't come back, then obviously DJ would become the starting PG and there would be no beef.

I would welcome Flip back, he seemed to keep the team in good spirits too.
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

With a smaller cap, I can see us letting Felton go somewhere and giving DJ the starting job. We'd use our cap room to either bring back some expiring guys (if we have any) or get a good big that won't get injured and play worth a crap every night.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:38 AM   #8
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

If Flip comes back we can pretty much forget about DJ. The fact that DJ has had playing time since Flip was traded away is what's given DJ his confidence and his game back. Relegated behind Flip once again would cause DJ to devolve and become worthless again.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:44 AM   #9
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
If Flip comes back we can pretty much forget about DJ. The fact that DJ has had playing time since Flip was traded away is what's given DJ his confidence and his game back. Relegated behind Flip once again would cause DJ to devolve and become worthless again.

What I'm saying is, if Flip comes back, that doesn't mean the roles are going to be exactly the same as last year. I mean, Flip IS getting older, who knows how much he'll slow down.

I guess it more depends on if Felton stays or leaves. If he leaves, then DJ would be primary PG, so Flip wouldn't cut in at all. If Felton stays, then yeah, Flip would probably cut into DJ's minutes; but I don't think it would be as much as this past year.
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #10
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

So when do we start speculating (fretting) about where Felts will be next year? I can't imagine that we'd let another team take him from us. But I sure hope that the negotiations don't turn into another Okafor-type fiasco.
Okay. Deep breaths. Too premature to think about that now...
Old 04-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #11
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
So when do we start speculating (fretting) about where Felts will be next year? I can't imagine that we'd let another team take him from us. But I sure hope that the negotiations don't turn into another Okafor-type fiasco.
Okay. Deep breaths. Too premature to think about that now...

I can't imagine the Cats without Felton but the fact that he turned down 6 mil already doesn't look good.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #12
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I can't imagine the Cats without Felton but the fact that he turned down 6 mil already doesn't look good.

Isn't this coming season the time when LeBron, Bosh and the likes are going to be free agents? With players like them available, who the hell is going to be willing to spend a ton of money on Felton?? Felton had better be willing to accept 6mil to 8mil per year for five years because how many other alternatives is he going to have?
Old 04-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

MikeUK has an OK reputation so far

So many teams aren't going to get a superstar and blow their money on some solid starter but pay them star money. If a team offers Felton 12 million why would he stay here for 8 or 9 and if we match then we'll be burdened with another bad deal. Plus of course being unrestricted, he could deside to go even if we matched. NY could get him and Rudy Gay to go with Lee and Gallinari and still have room to try and land Amare or Bosh
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 AM   #14
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I dont know who is going to give him more, he's a free agent at a horrible time.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 PM   #15
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

One of the positives from the Orlando series...Felton will most likely be had for a much better deal.

Assuming of course we want him back. With the alternatives all being inferior I'd think we would...but who knows.
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: