Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2010, 10:32 AM   #16
Tool
Ball til I fall
 
Tool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Rep Tdot til they bury me
Posts: 1,582
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

This team needs a point guard.
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #17
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,991
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
if ever there was a season where you could get a good player for the MLE this will be it, sign Bosh and sign a good player with the MLE

cut bargnani and tie an anchor around his ankle and drop him in the ocean afterward

get turk in shape and ready to perform (i still believe in this FCUKER)

TRY AGAIN

also draft a point guard and tie another anchor to calderon....
-----
Tie an anchor to bargnani and calderon sounds like you'd take kenyon martin and ty lawson for bargnani and calderon- for nugs sake its too bad you aren't the raptors gm
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #18
Grey Dawn
Poeltl Power!
 
Grey Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,548
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

a) Trading Turk/Calderon etc. as some are saying: problem is we'd have to take salary back in return. So you can't trade them and their salary away for nothing and then sign a Joe Johnson.

b) Bosh was certainly improved for most the year. But something was up with him after the all-star break/after coming back from the injury and he let up, and his letting up is as much the cause of dropping in the standings and missing the playoffs as anything. Late in the season others on the team were actually giving their all while Bosh WAS NOT. So the 'Bosh gave his all, the rest of the team simply let him down' stance isn't really justified.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:35 PM   #19
RAPSCANWIN
Keeping the Bench Warm
 
RAPSCANWIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In a Field of Potatoes
Posts: 745
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

I agree with Andrea's comments last week. " If he goes, then someone else will come".

I like Bosh and he has been a class act and all that. But we havent won a thing with him here. Thats not all his fault, but the fact remains.


Ive thought for over a year that Bosh was a goner no matter what this year anyway. Damon Stoudimire thought the grass was greener too, but has been quoted lately that leaving Toronto was his biggest mistake. Wouldnt shock me to hear Bosh singing that tune in 3-4 years if he leaves.

However we still can offer an extra 30 million more then the rest of the league. When the time comes, that could sway Mr. Bosh.
RAPSCANWIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #20
Zan Tabak
Only the finest
 
Zan Tabak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: -lll──lll-
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
This team needs a point guard.
Yes! badly. A good PG can change your whole team. Lets face it Jack/Calderon is average at best. If Bosh leaves via sign and trade, I hope the Raps go after a top tier PG. Then move Calderon or/and Jack.

No way we're moving Hedo.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:15 PM   #21
Toni
The Clumsy Waiter
 
Toni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,166
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

I love Bosh as well and appreciate what he has done. But he hasn't won anything for us. Clearly, missing the playoffs this year was a huge indicator of the overall effectiveness and cohesiveness of this talented unit and a shakeup is needed. I wouldn't entirely mind a S&T for Bosh and get some expirers and young players in return. If we get a big expirer to tie in with Banks' and Evans' expiring deals we will get some serious relief in the summer of 2011. We also have the option of trading those expirers to teams looking to shed salary.

I personally would love a S&T Bosh and Turk for Brand and Iguodala. We aren't going to get much more for Turk but I personally think Brand still has something in the tank, he was just in a terrible system under Eddie Jordan IMO.
Toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 05:30 PM   #22
bballnoob
Local High School Star
 
bballnoob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,712
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tool
This team needs a point guard.

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=318404

Excellent article (Chisolm) about needing an upgrade at the point of attack, more specifically at PG. I think upgrading the interior defense is of bigger concern but Toronto really has a pressing need in this area as well.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 06:22 PM   #23
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,979
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=318404

Excellent article (Chisolm) about needing an upgrade at the point of attack, more specifically at PG. I think upgrading the interior defense is of bigger concern but Toronto really has a pressing need in this area as well.

Pretty sad given we just gave Jose a big extension and used last year's MLE on Jack. $15+ mill committed to that position per year basically over the next 4 or 5.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 07:11 PM   #24
bada bing
College star
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,065
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
I love Bosh as well and appreciate what he has done. But he hasn't won anything for us. Clearly, missing the playoffs this year was a huge indicator of the overall effectiveness and cohesiveness of this talented unit and a shakeup is needed. I wouldn't entirely mind a S&T for Bosh and get some expirers and young players in return. If we get a big expirer to tie in with Banks' and Evans' expiring deals we will get some serious relief in the summer of 2011. We also have the option of trading those expirers to teams looking to shed salary.

I personally would love a S&T Bosh and Turk for Brand and Iguodala. We aren't going to get much more for Turk but I personally think Brand still has something in the tank, he was just in a terrible system under Eddie Jordan IMO.

when you have a top 10 player on your team, you do whatever to keep him on your team. You surround him by players that complement his game and then see what he accomplishes. Its really hard to get a top 10 player via the draft or even to sign one. When you get one....you keep him.
bada bing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:01 PM   #25
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,732
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
From everything I read I get the feeling that Bosh is really looking for a reason to stay. There just isn't much incentive to do so. I think Colangelo has screwed this roster up beyond repair for that to happen.

That's the feeling I get too. Basically it's all up to Colangelo. Has he created too much of a mess for that to happen? It certainly appears so, however only time will tell. This summer will be an interesting one.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #26
b4ball
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,053
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bada bing
when you have a top 10 player on your team, you do whatever to keep him on your team. You surround him by players that complement his game and then see what he accomplishes. Its really hard to get a top 10 player via the draft or even to sign one. When you get one....you keep him.

Bosh is a top ten player in the first half of a season. This past year was another example of him coming in strong, playing above expactation and dying when it counts.

I'm a little blazé with Bosh. You want to keep a top ten player, but he's not a leader, does not play one of the two most important positions, and is a second teer player who want's and will get a maximum contract. Bosh has also been injury prone.

I'm not hatting, I just don't see a whole lot of upside even if he stay's.
b4ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:50 PM   #27
RapsFan
Good college starter
 
RapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,979
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4ball
Bosh is a top ten player in the first half of a season. This past year was another example of him coming in strong, playing above expactation and dying when it counts.

I'm a little blazé with Bosh. You want to keep a top ten player, but he's not a leader, does not play one of the two most important positions, and is a second teer player who want's and will get a maximum contract. Bosh has also been injury prone.

I'm not hatting, I just don't see a whole lot of upside even if he stay's.

I actually agree with a lot of this to be honest.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:06 PM   #28
Grey Dawn
Poeltl Power!
 
Grey Dawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,548
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=318404

Excellent article (Chisolm) about needing an upgrade at the point of attack, more specifically at PG. I think upgrading the interior defense is of bigger concern but Toronto really has a pressing need in this area as well.

Good link.

I agree about the point guard thing. It's the most dominant position in the NBA these days. You need one strong point guard, not the two half-decent PGs approach we've been trying to do since TJ/Jose.
Grey Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 PM   #29
Himan12
On the clouds
 
Himan12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 609
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Maybe they could switch bargs for a point, since NJ is drafting first (they should take John wall IMO) why not a bargs + for devin harris?

Harris/Jack ( I believe Calderon is going to be traded)
Weems/Derozan/belinelli
Turk/belinelli/wright
Bosh/Johnson/Evans
Hassan Whiteside/Johnson/Rasho


not bad? If Whiteside and Johnson play defense and grab rebounds we should be in contention for fifth seed max.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:12 PM   #30
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 10,936
Default Re: "No matter what happens, me and Bryan agreed to work together."

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
I actually agree with a lot of this to be honest.
I'd be fine if Bosh walked and that meant a full rebuild which included trading Turkoglu, Bargnani and Calderon as well.

But we all know that's not going to happen. If Bosh leaves then Colangelo will go all-out with patchwork fixes to keep this team in the playoff race. It's going to be much worse than anything else.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:35 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy