Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-16-2010, 05:07 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default T-Will is the final Rookie of the Month (EC)

Quote:
The NBA's biggest awards will be handed out in the coming weeks, but before he headed to Seattle, Terrence Williams was honored with the Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month award for April. Williams averaged 14.3 points (leading all East rookies), 7.1 rebounds and 6.3 assists in seven games this month, after putting up similar numbers in March. He not only recorded his first career triple-double against the Bulls last week, but he averaged a triple-double in the final three home games.

Seven different Nets have won Rookie of the Month honors, with Brook Lopez having won it twice last season.
http://www.netsdaily.com/2010/4/15/1...e-of-the-month
Quote:
WILLIAMS

April 3 vs. New Orleans: Registered 14 points, four rebounds and a career-high 14 assists in a 115-87 win over the Hornets.

April 9 vs. Chicago: Recorded his first ever triple-double with 27 points, 13 rebounds and 10 assists in a 127-116 victory over the Bulls.

April 12 vs. Charlotte: Notched 21 points, six assists and a career-high 13 rebounds in a 105-95 loss to the Bobcats.
http://www.nba.com/2010/news/04/15/r...ril/index.html

Terrence really deserved it. Over Jennings, Taj Gibson, Toney Douglas, and Jonas Jerebko. Not much competition but well deserved. His game against Chicago was huge, glad I was able to see it in person. Nice games against New Orleans and Charlotte. He averaged a triple-double at home which was huge for us.
Nets fan 93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: T-Will is the final Rookie of the Month (EC)

awesome, and totally deserved IMO. what an end to the season...

next step: grab one of the top two lottery picks.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:52 PM   #3
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Gigantes, lets hope!

Any other Nets fans want to say anything about Williams?
Old 04-18-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
Silenttristo
I brick open layups

Silenttristo has decent reputationSilenttristo has decent reputation

T-Will is so damn exciting to watch. I'm thinking we have a future star on our hands. He really started to find his stride and place on the team in February, and hasn't looked back. Sure, he makes mistakes, he turns the ball over, he takes ill-advised shots, but the kid is a rookie. He will only get better over time.

I might be the only one, but if we end up with Turner and not Wall out of the draft (I'd still be stoked) i'd still be happy to trade Harris. I think he can start at the point for us, and it always helps to have a bit of a height advantage at the PG spot. At 6'5, he would have that extra length.

I remember Terrence saying at the draft, that he wanted to play like Lebron. I loved this, because he wasn't saying he could play as well as the L-Train, but he wanted to be a difference maker, like Lebron is. This kid has a great mentality, amazing work ethic (watch is training video with Gary Payton is you haven't seen it) and is a future star in the league.

Simply put, T-Will is a baller, and i'm excited to have him on the Nets.
Silenttristo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 12:32 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Very promising.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 02:47 PM   #6
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenttristo
T-Will is so damn exciting to watch. I'm thinking we have a future star on our hands. He really started to find his stride and place on the team in February, and hasn't looked back. Sure, he makes mistakes, he turns the ball over, he takes ill-advised shots, but the kid is a rookie. He will only get better over time.

I might be the only one, but if we end up with Turner and not Wall out of the draft (I'd still be stoked) i'd still be happy to trade Harris. I think he can start at the point for us, and it always helps to have a bit of a height advantage at the PG spot. At 6'5, he would have that extra length.

I remember Terrence saying at the draft, that he wanted to play like Lebron. I loved this, because he wasn't saying he could play as well as the L-Train, but he wanted to be a difference maker, like Lebron is. This kid has a great mentality, amazing work ethic (watch is training video with Gary Payton is you haven't seen it) and is a future star in the league.

Simply put, T-Will is a baller, and i'm excited to have him on the Nets.
Nice lengthy post. I would also love to have turner on the Nets. we need an impact player other than Lopez.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:47 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silenttristo
This kid has a great mentality, amazing work ethic...
well, just a couple months ago he was a disaster. let's not forget that.

by midseason t-will was still looking up to CDR as his mentor, had offended just about everyone there was to offend within the nets team, management and fanbase via a slew of stupid and immature twitter posts, and was an undiscipined mess on the court.

many of the best nets watchers and analysts were saying that the kid was a complete bust.

so he has come a long way in a short time. and hopefully that continues. but let's not freak out or write him off if he has another relapse. he still has a lot to learn, and there still might be some bumps in the road ahead...

just sayin.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:48 AM   #8
gigantes
A piece of fluff

t-will sums up his season:
http://rookiechronicles.com/2010/04/...rookie-season/
Old 04-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #9
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

nice find, thanks.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:18 AM   #10
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
Well that certainly explains his that Twitter post. I fully believe him. He seems like a very nice guy in real life, hopefully he breaks out next season.
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

yea... i think he was just young, inexperienced and struggling to deal with jumping to a whole new level (the NBA).

at the time, at the ND forums, my posts were mainly urging people to cut t-will and CDR some slack. most people seemed to want to lynch those two around the middle of the season. at the same time i was also asking people to cut yi a heavy amount of slack, of course.

anyway, right now... the only one of those three that's a keeper is t-will, IMO.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:41 PM   #12
The Nets
Resident Netsfan

The Nets is considered somewhat coolThe Nets is considered somewhat cool

Congrats! He will be a solid sixth man for the Nets, and I can see him averaging 15+ppg, 4+rpg and 4+apg at prime.
The Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:23 PM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nets
Congrats! He will be a solid sixth man for the Nets, and I can see him averaging 15+ppg, 4+rpg and 4+apg at prime.
only a sixth man...?

EDIT: seriously, he practically averages those numbers given just a mediocre amount of PT during his rookie season... his rookie season!

Last edited by gigantes : 04-30-2010 at 11:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:51 PM   #14
demens
Can barely lace up my sneakers

demens has an OK reputation so far

From what we have on the roster i think his best role is to be the 6th man. With either Wall or Devin Twitt wont be a PG (nor should he be anyway). SG is his best position but his poor shooting is an big obstacle to be the regular guy at that spot. I actually like CLee as a SG a lot anyway and prefer him to start rather then come off the bench. And Twitt doesn't have the size to play SF full time.

So considering his skills and the current roster, being the 6th man is really his most effective role. He can slide into any of the 3 position and rotate along with whatever other subs are made. I think he can bring a lot of energy off the bench and pretty much run the team half the time he is in the game (while resting the main pg/playmaker). When i say 6th man, i literally mean the 1st guy off the bench, a guy playing tons of minutes (30-35). Someone like Manu. 14-5-5 is something i can see him putting up as long as he doesn't grow horns like CDR and scoffs at the idea of not starting.
demens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:02 AM   #15
gigantes
A piece of fluff

holy crap... demens! oO

anyway, yea... nicely fleshed-out scenerio for t-witter being an effective 6th man. a ginobli-type role should certainly be no insult to a player of terrance' current standing, not to mention, if he did it well, i can't see how anybody, anywhere, could be unhappy. of course, given his ambition and expected ability to keep improving, it might be a problem down the line. but, still, that would be an issue for another time...

but it does raise a problem for me in that i was hoping that harris could be the 6th-man of the forseeable future. harris seems perfect there given his difficulty staying healthy on starter's minutes, wonderful ability to score, awful defense, positive outlook, and underwhelming ability to run an offense. overall, it's hand-in-glove.

of course, that's assuming that the nets pick up a PG for the future in either this draft or the next couple of years, some way, some how...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: