Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 04-17-2010, 12:41 PM   #1
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default WTF is wrong with the New York Post?

Do they even pretend to be a news organization? They do this all the time. They put words in people's mouths.

Quote:
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knick...h4qmBo3zTWOOBO

HEADLINE: Curry: Waive me goodbye

Wow. Strong words. Unfortunately, Curry never said that.

Quote:
"I'm not taking a buyout, so that's not happening," Curry told The Post. "Definitely not. They can try to trade me if they wanted to. I hope it doesn't come to that.

"But I would just hope that if it came down to it, especially going into a contract year, that if [coach Mike D'Antoni] knows this wasn't the right place for me, they would make the right decision. Other than that, I'll do everything I can to be ready."

The Post does this all the time. They start with a headline that grabs your attention, then you read the article and its either a gross exaggeration or an outright lie.

Do they care at all about journalistic integrity or have they completely gone the tabloid route. At least PRETEND to be a newspaper.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Knicks101
Steal Your Girl

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: WTF is wrong with the New York Post?

I don't know why people bother. It's a newspaper that is literally written for 4th graders.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:03 PM   #3
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Waive me good bye could mean he is going to be traded or was given the option of a buy out...

media is about getting readers with some entertainment and sensationalism.

journalism is a lost art but basically its about real life issues.

No one is going to read the post for its hard hitting facts and journalism... its about media.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #4
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
I don't know why people bother. It's a newspaper that is literally written for 4th graders.

Yup, its a newspaper targeted to the lowest income, uneducated New Yorkers. Such garbage.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #5
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

not to mention it is incredibly racist.my dad had me boycotting the post since i was in kindergarten (i was reading newspapers at an early age).Peter Vescey is a total prick.he harps on negativity and tries to annihilate minorites with his ignorant,uninformed columns.not to mention the fact that he's regurgitated stuff thats been reported on ESPN and tried to spin it like it was his "breaking news".He's like the Carlos Mencia of sports journalism.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #6
EroticVanilla
Sexual Chocolate=GOAT

EroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this boardEroticVanilla is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Do they even pretend to be a news organization? They do this all the time. They put words in people's mouths.

Wow. Strong words. Unfortunately, Curry never said that.

The Post does this all the time. They start with a headline that grabs your attention, then you read the article and its either a gross exaggeration or an outright lie.

Do they care at all about journalistic integrity or have they completely gone the tabloid route. At least PRETEND to be a newspaper.
Read thisCracked article, they talk about this bullshit in it.

This article proves, yet again, that Cracked has the answers to all of lifes questions, and in list form too!
EroticVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: