Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 11-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #1
jeterry823
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Why don't coach woodson play salim stoudamire

Why don't coach woodson play salim stoudamire? I mean dont get me wrong. I like speedy claxton and tyrone lue, but when you got a talented guy like salim you don't sit him on the bench th ewhole game. I mean al least give the man five minutes. And speedy hasnt done anything for the team. So why is salim not second string and tyronne lue starting. Salim is a star in the making but when you make him sit the bench the whole game you take away his confidence, which takes away his talent. Salim is one of the biggest threats in the NBA. A very quick scorer who can turn a game around in 2 minutes. I mean why would you sit reggie miller on the bench the whole game? Makes no sense to me?
jeterry823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 01:17 PM   #2
HawksFan

Default Why Salim sits...

Salim is picking up splinters on the bench because he is a weak defender. As the Hawks are determined to build a "DEE - FENSE" oriented team...Salim will continue to sit until injuries and/or fouls create an opportunity...or...until he he makes "DEE - FENSE" his # 1 priority.

Regards...HawksFan
HawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
jeterry823

What? and speedy claxton does? Man please don't try to say salim don't have defense. U right salim might not have the best defense in the NBA but i dont think Freije or Bozeman Defense is any better. Salim is better than claxton on the offensive and defensive side. He is a sopmore you know, i mean give the guy a chance. He's a diamond and the rough and all you guys know it. Mike Woodson is killing his career and chances of being a great player. If your not going to play him than trade him. Im sure any other team would love to have a player like salim. And he would atleast get a few minutes. Even if he doesnt have good defense, do he have to sit on the bence the ENTIRE GAME? I mean thats just crazy to me? Alan Henderson didn't even sit the bench the entire game.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:58 PM   #4
AtlHawks
I airball my layups

Only thing Salim is good at is jacking up shots. He doesn't do anything else well. If he did then Salim would be playing more.
AtlHawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:02 AM   #5
T21
I brick open layups

Salim is probably not an adequate defender in the NBA - reason, he is a shooting guard in the body of a point guard. Now days, when opponents look to take adventage of any weakness (whenever they smell blood), its hard to give Salim constant minutes on the floor, because it can hurt the team over long stretches of game... However, Salim is one of the best shooters in the NBA (from all-over the court) and he must get a chance to help Hawks in his own way, as an instant offense of the bench. Remember, all the great championship teams had such role players, regardless of their weaknessess. Secret is how to use them within the team concept... and I would like to see Salim used in this kind of role.
T21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 12:19 PM   #6
jeterry823

Salim my have his misfaults. But like i said he is only a sophmore. And he is waay better than those rookies that are getting minutes. And to the guy who said salim can only shoot. Im sorry man, but if he can only shoot why do you think he would be in the NBA. Would he even be drafted. The first pick in the second round. Did you forget? Dont comment on him if you dont know him. You make ur self sound dumb.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #7
HawksFan

Default "dee - Fense"

I am not being critical of Salim's "offense"...he can score alot of points in a hurry. However...if you carefully study the defensive abilities of Hawks point guards, it is pretty hard to argue that Salim ranks better than last behind Speedy...Royal...T-Lue. Since we do not as yet have a shot bloking center, sloppy defense in the back court creates too many penetrating opportunities...opportunities Woody has vowed to curtail. Hence...Salim will sit until he tires of sitting and buys into the "DEE - FENSE FIRST" mindset.
HawksFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #8
irimus
I airball my layups

salim is a very weak defender while speedy is a good one...I've once heard Iverson saying that he hates playing against Speedy
irimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 10:46 AM   #9
jeterry823

Sorry man but salim got speedy. Just give it up. Salim is better, u Know it, I know it, We all know it. So lets stop kidding our selves and ask coach to start playing salim, we would be undefeated if he was on the floor
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: