Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-20-2010, 05:05 PM   #1
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKnicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default ESPN; SportsNation: Lebron and Wade in the city, "championship"

funny, they simulated a season with wade and lebron on the knicks in 2010-2011 and the knicks went 56 and 26 and won the championship

*i wouldnt take wade with that money, he's on the other side of his career and is always getting banged around and injured. Rather have bosh or johnson.

but if lebron and his running mate win a championship in the garden, it would be OFF THE CHARTS awesome.
Knicksfever2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board
Default Re: ESPN; SportsNation: Lebron and Wade in the city, "championship"

Is anyone else at the point where they hope that not only the Knicks end up empty handed this summer, but that the franchise folds and they never have an NBA team again?

The sense of entitlement the Knicks fans have is astounding.
Hammertime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Knicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKnicksfever2010 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammertime
Is anyone else at the point where they hope that not only the Knicks end up empty handed this summer, but that the franchise folds and they never have an NBA team again?

how is it a 'sense of entitlement' when you have all the media outlets filling our heads with talk of lebron to the knickss? How is it a 'sense of entitlement' to want the best player?

-It wasnt too long ago (before lebron) that the cavs were WORSE than the knicks (15 win seasons) and were a laughing stock... after lebron, they get shaq, jamison, and now they want to sign and trade for bosh in the offseason. THATS A SENSE OF ENTITLEMENT.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
-M-I
HI

-M-I is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Lol @ you "not taking Wade". Like you guys are in any position to be turning down top 5 players. Don't worry, Wade has said he had no interest in playing for NY

Last edited by -M-I : 04-20-2010 at 06:36 PM.
-M-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Yes.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Hammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this boardHammertime is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Yes.

Old 04-20-2010, 06:41 PM   #7
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

At the point? You all were like that even before. The Knicks sucked, we had Isiah sabatoging us, we'd win 3 in a row and be happy, and the board would say YOU SUCK!!! DONT FORGET!!!! YOU WONT GET EIGTH PLACE!!!

So this thought that somehow NOW the knicks are getting hate is ludicrous.

that said, the knicks win the virtual championship is gay and makes me hang my head even though it has nothing to do with NY.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:42 PM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

We haven't won a title since 1973. We've went through a 10 year period of sucking. We are not allowed to dream of getting a good player in free agency? Even when that player openly speaks of our city in glowing terms?

How about Heat and Cav fans? You got good via the ping pong ball. You didn't EARN that team, that team didn't grow, those teams are where they are becaues of the bounce of the ping pong ball.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:50 PM   #9
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Touchy, aren't we? Lots of teams have been bad and their fans aren't flooding the board with wet dreams of other teams' players. I mean, you really thought that non-Knicks fans couldn't go on not knowing about some video game simulation ESPN did?

And you're right, Knicks fans have been pr*cks for years when it comes to their team and city. The way you guys talk about playing in NY, you'd think you had won something recently.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:54 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

Quote:
Touchy, aren't we? Lots of teams have been bad and their fans aren't flooding the board with wet dreams of other teams' players. I mean, you really thought that non-Knicks fans couldn't go on not knowing about some video game simulation ESPN did?

And you're right, Knicks fans have been pr*cks for years when it comes to their team and city. The way you guys talk about playing in NY, you'd think you had won something recently.

No, we just want a decent team. We get the criticism no matter what. At no point have i, or almost any of the knick fans on this board called our team great. If we even say one of oru players is decent (like Gallo) it gets shouted down.

Think about this, all these teams cleared cap space. Yet the knicks are called out on being terrible, having no plan, trying to poach players. How many teams have cleared cap space? But we are wrong?

Yes, i dont like the fact this board wants to say i cant hope for better things for my team, but for your team, its ok.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:07 PM   #11
Hammertime
Our Enes is bigger

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Think about this, all these teams cleared cap space. Yet the knicks are called out on being terrible, having no plan, trying to poach players. How many teams have cleared cap space? But we are wrong?

Yes, i dont like the fact this board wants to say i cant hope for better things for my team, but for your team, its ok.

Again, it's not about what the Knicks are trying to do, but the image they're projecting. My very own Jazz had tons of cap space in 2004, and ended up with Okur and Boozer. Both eventually made the ASG, both contributed tremendously to the 4 straight playoff appearances and a conference final. Without them, the Jazz wouldn't have made the playoffs this year. I'm not arguing against building a team through free agency.

I'm saying that there is a certain lack of class in how the Knicks, and especially their fan base, are going about this. The "We have a great team and a great city, plus loads of money, whereas your city and team suck, so your best players should play for us."

When the Jazz had all that cap space, did the Jazz fans on the old board go around talking brazenly about how they're going to poach everyone's stars? Did they talk haughtily about how they wouldn't take a top-5 player in the league because he's old and they'd rather just get the top one? Are the Nets fans doing it right now? They too have cap space.

It's one thing to fantasize about best players coming to play for you, and it's another thing to think they ought to and would be stupid not to. The Knicks have tons of cap space, yet how many Knicks fans on this board are talking about how great it would be if the Knicks signed Johnson and Boozer?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
Knicksfever2010
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Again, it's not about what the Knicks are trying to do, but the image they're projecting. My very own Jazz had tons of cap space in 2004, and ended up with Okur and Boozer. Both eventually made the ASG, both contributed tremendously to the 4 straight playoff appearances and a conference final. Without them, the Jazz wouldn't have made the playoffs this year. I'm not arguing against building a team through free agency.

I'm saying that there is a certain lack of class in how the Knicks, and especially their fan base, are going about this. The "We have a great team and a great city, plus loads of money, whereas your city and team suck, so your best players should play for us."

When the Jazz had all that cap space, did the Jazz fans on the old board go around talking brazenly about how they're going to poach everyone's stars? Did they talk haughtily about how they wouldn't take a top-5 player in the league because he's old and they'd rather just get the top one? Are the Nets fans doing it right now? They too have cap space.

It's one thing to fantasize about best players coming to play for you, and it's another thing to think they ought to and would be stupid not to. The Knicks have tons of cap space, yet how many Knicks fans on this board are talking about how great it would be if the Knicks signed Johnson and Boozer?

all teams have fans that are rude and act that way, you're telling me theres a team in the nba with 100% of their fans being polite gentleman?

and I wont be disappointed with Wade, but REMEMBER the nba is a cap space monster, and if you commit to Wade for 6-7 years at the max, you're only getting him for maybe 4 years at max efficiency, I think guys like bosh and johnson who dont have the injury history that Wade has.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #13
Peteballa
Go Gators

Peteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected posterPeteballa is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
*i wouldnt take wade with that money, he's on the other side of his career and is always getting banged around and injured. Rather have bosh or johnson.

Are you serious?

Dwyane = One of the greatest to ever play.

Bosh / Johnson = 2nd tier players who have hit their peaks.
Peteballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:21 PM   #14
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So basically you're going to tell D-Wade "No, Thanks" if he tells you he wants to sign with the Knicks... interesting.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 PM   #15
Papaya Petee
GORTATTTTT

Papaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this boardPapaya Petee is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
So basically you're going to tell D-Wade "No, Thanks" if he tells you he wants to sign with the Knicks... interesting.

Good for New York he's not their GM.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: