Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 04:18 PM   #766
oh the horror
5-time NBA All-Star
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: 4/18 Game 1: Thunder vs. Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
this team pisses me off, really should of won this game by like 30. It looked like they finally got their act together during the first quarter, but then reverted back to that lazy offensively inept team that we saw during the last quarter of the season. win is a win though i guess...


For some reason they really started to shy away from beating up the Thunder down low with their bigs. Its pretty much what got us the large lead initially with Pau and Bynum doing their thing to OKC....And then later in the game, we simply stopped going to Pau for long ass stretches. I dont know why they do that.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM   #767
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic
 
Swaggin916's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 4,194
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

We would have won that game by 30 if this was last years Lakers. unfortunately it's not... and most games are going to be grind it out like this becuase we have to play great D to win. Artest with another no-show... Kobe with another bad shooting night... and Odom with a lackluster performance. We have one of those guys perform then we win by 20, 2 of them by 25-30, All of them maybe 40

It doesn't happen often though... so yea better get used to the grind it out games.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #768
miniharrison37
"Go Big or Go Home"
 
miniharrison37's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: [925] Bay Area, CA
Posts: 398
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

Ron Artest played very good defense against Durant in game 1.
miniharrison37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:02 PM   #769
dajadeed
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 819
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

All these Laker fans upset that game 1 wasn't a blowout need to come to grips with reality. Yes, the Lakers are number 1 in the West and by a comfortable few games cushion, but every single team in the playoffs won 50 games minimum.

This isn't some weak cakewalk team. They're young, but they're pretty damn good.

And the reason Pau and Drew weren't fed all game long is because they were fronted and the weakside cheated. It's tough to keep feeding the post all game long when the other team knows that's your main objective. It's the playoffs, you're not gonna win games just by saying "ok, just feed Socks and Pau all game long."
dajadeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 PM   #770
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 14,792
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajadeed
All these Laker fans upset that game 1 wasn't a blowout need to come to grips with reality. Yes, the Lakers are number 1 in the West and by a comfortable few games cushion, but every single team in the playoffs won 50 games minimum.

This isn't some weak cakewalk team. They're young, but they're pretty damn good.

And the reason Pau and Drew weren't fed all game long is because they were fronted and the weakside cheated. It's tough to keep feeding the post all game long when the other team knows that's your main objective. It's the playoffs, you're not gonna win games just by saying "ok, just feed Socks and Pau all game long."

If the Lakers had run the triangle correctly, they could have got Bynum and Gasol the ball.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:20 PM   #771
dajadeed
High School Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 819
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
If the Lakers had run the triangle correctly, they could have got Bynum and Gasol the ball.


Again, not if the other team makes a point of it to deny them the ball.
dajadeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #772
wally_world
M0derator
 
wally_world's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Dancing with Miley
Posts: 7,665
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniharrison37
Ron Artest played very good defense against Durant in game 1.

Thabo played equally good D on Kobe too
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:11 AM   #773
macpierce
Arcadia, CA
 
macpierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,134
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

thabo's d was good but kobe was missing ones he usually makes, so eh
macpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:58 AM   #774
liquidrage
Banned
 
liquidrage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,142
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Thunder at Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by macpierce
thabo's d was good but kobe was missing ones he usually makes, so eh

Well same with Durant so it's pretty much the same.
liquidrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 06:24 PM   #775
la bomba
Local High School Star
 
la bomba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,050
Default Re: 4/18 Game 1: Thunder vs. Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh the horror
For some reason they really started to shy away from beating up the Thunder down low with their bigs. Its pretty much what got us the large lead initially with Pau and Bynum doing their thing to OKC....And then later in the game, we simply stopped going to Pau for long ass stretches. I dont know why they do that.
easy ! they do that because they have Kobe 'i want to take the limelight' bryant in the team. He starts shooting everything including his sneakers and the ball never goes into the paint again.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:56 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy