Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Old 04-18-2010, 08:36 PM   #361
zORi
National High School Star

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I hope the team has that same attitude because we are gonna take game 2. Real talk.

LOL, good luck.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:37 PM   #362
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
I remember you clearly stating you felt the Hawks would beat the Magic. Whatever, if you need to convince yourself more the Magic have no chance so be it. Have fun trolling.

Now, hold on. I said about a month ago that I had a gut feeling that Atlanta would beat Orlando. You know, I don't see it now. Atlanta may have some advantages on the wing, but Howard's going to be too much inside.

You're overreacting. I didn't say that they have no chance. I said they have a lot of work to do. Dwight Howard is going to have to stay on the floor and they're going to have to limit the times they're counting on Carter.
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:38 PM   #363
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i'm impressed with bobcats and even more so with G Wallace. dude was beasting tonight.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:43 PM   #364
Dw1ll
I hit open layups

Dw1ll has decent reputation

Bobcats gonna take game 2. The Magic suck, even if they get passed Charlotte they will get spanked by Atlanta. I would hate to see what King James would do to VC.
Dw1ll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #365
Fatal9
owwwww

Fatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFatal9 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gerald Wallace

Fatal9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #366
Goffer3
Butter Knives

Goffer3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
I hope the team has that same attitude because we are gonna take game 2. Real talk.

Hope ur right. Cause W makes a better series
Goffer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #367
HisAirness3
Banned

HisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputation

Bobcats look fairly capable of winning this series, that being said anybody know why the hell Brown left Jackson in the bench for the rest of the 4th? He played Larry ****ing Hughes instead!!!

Bobcats just need to close out better. Though there was nothing you can do to stop Pietrus, there was for Nelson though. Felton just played awful defense, and Chandler needs more playing time, the best center on the Cats. Not Mohammed and Definitely not Ratliff.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 08:47 PM   #368
zORi

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board

I have to take my hat off to Gerald Wallace, though.

The man is a monster of a human being.
Old 04-18-2010, 09:07 PM   #369
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
Now, hold on. I said about a month ago that I had a gut feeling that Atlanta would beat Orlando. You know, I don't see it now. Atlanta may have some advantages on the wing, but Howard's going to be too much inside.

You're overreacting. I didn't say that they have no chance. I said they have a lot of work to do. Dwight Howard is going to have to stay on the floor and they're going to have to limit the times they're counting on Carter.

Alright then, fair enough. Forgive me for not knowing you changed your mind.

And yes, me stating you said the Magic have no chance was probably a little exaggeration. But you sure make it sound like it, whether or not that is your intention I do not know.

But hey, I like to look at more than 1 game to come to generalizations. Best record since the all-star break, best point differential but no, they struggle one game in which they were never really threatened and they are no where near the Cavs level. Please....
GatorKid117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:12 PM   #370
Kurosawa0
NBA rookie of the year

Kurosawa0 has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorKid117
But hey, I like to look at more than 1 game to come to generalizations. Best record since the all-star break, best point differential but no, they struggle one game in which they were never really threatened and they are no where near the Cavs level. Please....

The regular season is over man.

Not nowhere near them, but the Magic will go into that series without a clear advantage. I think it will come down to whether or not Vince Carter can pull a Paul Pierce circa 2008. Do you want to bet on that happening?
Kurosawa0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #371
GatorKid117
Oh the Bealsanity

GatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation hereGatorKid117 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
The regular season is over man.

Not nowhere near them, but the Magic will go into that series without a clear advantage. I think it will come down to whether or not Vince Carter can pull a Paul Pierce circa 2008. Do you want to bet on that happening?

Yes it is. But my point was the Magic have been playing exceptionally well lately. I think it is a bit more reasonable to put stock into recent play the past couple of weeks than 1 game, even if it was the regular season but that's just me.

And why do you continue to harp on about Vince? I don't think it will come down to Vince pulling a Paul Pierce. He does not have to do that for the Magic to win. Nelson and Lewis as well as Carter are all capable of hitting big shots and scoring in the 4th. Does Vince need to play well for the Magic to win, yes but not at the level you think he does.

The bottom line is, everyone considers Vince a career PO choker so there is nothing I can say to change that. All we can do is wait and see. If Vince can't get it done, we have other players who will.
GatorKid117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:43 PM   #372
blacknapalm
spider 3 y banana

blacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation hereblacknapalm has an incredible reputation here

i honestly felt ORL had the most impressive first win. it's still extremely early so i don't want to read into it. JJ could be the x-factor. they might shoot this well for the next couple games, but dwight isn't going to only score 5 points either. dwight by no means had a bad game though. obviously he was HUGE on defense but he mainly just deferred on offense. he got into foul trouble but only put up four shots.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:45 PM   #373
BeebCats
Serious playground baller

BeebCats has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
Bobcats look fairly capable of winning this series, that being said anybody know why the hell Brown left Jackson in the bench for the rest of the 4th? He played Larry ****ing Hughes instead!!!

Bobcats just need to close out better. Though there was nothing you can do to stop Pietrus, there was for Nelson though. Felton just played awful defense, and Chandler needs more playing time, the best center on the Cats. Not Mohammed and Definitely not Ratliff.

Nelson was just hitting EVERYTHING in the first half. He was 9-11 FG in the first half, finished 10-18; that means he was 1-7 in the 2nd. It's not terrible defense as much as just good offense imo.

Agreed on Chandler needing more PT; Ratliff wasn't bad, but Nazr was horrible, he is clearly not ready to play since his injury. Hopefully Jack is 100% for the next game, can't wait.
BeebCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 PM   #374
zORi

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i honestly felt ORL had the most impressive first win. it's still extremely early so i don't want to read into it. JJ could be the x-factor. they might shoot this well for the next couple games, but dwight isn't going to only score 5 points either. dwight by no means had a bad game though. obviously he was HUGE on defense but he mainly just deferred on offense. he got into foul trouble but only put up four shots.

That's pretty much how I feel.

If someone had told me Vince would shoot 4-17 and foul out and Dwight would only have 4 points and 5 fouls, I would've thought we probably lost this game.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 PM   #375
HisAirness3
Banned

HisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeebCats
Nelson was just hitting EVERYTHING in the first half. He was 9-11 FG in the first half, finished 10-18; that means he was 1-7 in the 2nd. It's not terrible defense as much as just good offense imo.

Agreed on Chandler needing more PT; Ratliff wasn't bad, but Nazr was horrible, he is clearly not ready to play since his injury. Hopefully Jack is 100% for the next game, can't wait.
Jameer basically went J.R Smith on the Cats, streaky scorer. Bobcats have a tough time scoring in a halfcourt set from what I see, it's all isolation for Capt. Jack and G-Wall. They seem to be much better suited in the fast break. Bobcats play really physical and great defense though.

If Cats continue to play like this, they will more than likely take Game 2.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: