Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Orlando Magic Forum

Orlando Magic Forum Orlando Magic forum - Orlando Magic message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2010, 03:00 PM   #391
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!
 
Quizno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 4,823
Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
Yep, I promise you that Dwight and VC will not have this bad of a game for the rest of the series, so Charlotte really missed their chance to steal one.
i also guarantee that jameer won't shoot 8/10 in the first half and the magic won't make five three pointers in a row in the second quarter again. and i wouldn't be surprised if vince had another bad night.
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:42 PM   #392
zORi
National High School Star
 
zORi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,279
zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
i also guarantee that jameer won't shoot 8/10 in the first half and the magic won't make five three pointers in a row in the second quarter again. and i wouldn't be surprised if vince had another bad night.

I'm sure Vince will have another bad night, but it won't be the next game.

It's rare that he has bad back-to-backs.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:56 PM   #393
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,200
rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Interesting that the Bobcats had more points in the paint despite Howard's blocks and the fact that the refs let him get away with a goal tend and about 12 fouls.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:21 PM   #394
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon
 
HylianNightmare's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,473
HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Interesting that the Bobcats had more points in the paint despite Howard's blocks and the fact that the refs let him get away with a goal tend and about 12 fouls.


and a few of his deflections were pretty much blocks
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:34 PM   #395
zORi
National High School Star
 
zORi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,279
zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Interesting that the Bobcats had more points in the paint despite Howard's blocks and the fact that the refs let him get away with a goal tend and about 12 fouls.

Gerald Wallace got away with more than a few himself.

I'd say maybe 2 of Howard's blocks were goaltends, the other 7 were legit.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 05:48 PM   #396
HisAirness3
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 830
HisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputationHisAirness3 has a bad reputation
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Take Your Lumps
This was the Bobcats best chance to really set the tone in the series and try and steal the series. The Magic played pretty horribly offensively....Vince was awful. Dwight put up 4 shots.

Charlotte out-shot the Magic from the field, out-rebounded them, and out-assisted Orlando....and they STILL lost.
No, Orlando's big names may have had poor offensive outputs. But their role players and bench players came through.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #397
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho
 
Take Your Lumps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,541
Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
No, Orlando's big names may have had poor offensive outputs. But their role players and bench players came through.

Aside from Redick & Pietrus, the rest of the role players played like ass.

Barnes 0-2. Williams 1-4. Anderson 0-2. Gortat was ineffective, mostly.

The problem the Bobcats are going to face this series is that their 4th scoring option behind Jax/Wallace/Felton is Larry Hughes.

Orlando's got Lewis/Nelson. And if they're off, you got Pietrus. And Redick. And Barnes. And Anderson....all guys that can put up big numbers when needed.

Can't wait for the next game -- should be a good one.
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:54 PM   #398
basketballfan22
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
basketballfan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 4
basketballfan22 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

I really wanted the Bobcats to win.
basketballfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #399
ANBU21
I brick open layups
 
ANBU21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 111
ANBU21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

I love how some of you keep saying Orlando won't do this or that again, almost like it was a lucky win by Orlando. Gerald Wallace shot well above his shooting Average in shot% and pts, well above his rebound avg. Felton went up a notch too from his reg season avg. My point is that it's the playoffs, it's normal for players to step it up and Orlando pulled out the win because just like Charlotte, Orlando plays Defense.

Also keep making excuses about D12 getting away with shit, the Bobcats got away with a lot of stuff too. Especially the last 8min of that game.

Yeah, the Bobcats have adjustments they can make to play better next game but same thing goes for the Magic. So please, stop acting like Orlando should be worried about how the last game played out. They have a lot of adjustments they need to make that will allow them to play better and seeing as how they won last game even with only a half decent game the ones that need to worry are the Bobcats.
ANBU21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:55 PM   #400
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,200
rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
and a few of his deflections were pretty much blocks
Including his slap on Crash's head, which should have been his 6th (really about 10 or 11) foul? But hey, I'm nitpicking. We all know the NBA takes care of their stars. It's part of the game.

I really like that Magic fans are completely overconfident about game 2. I hope the team is too.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #401
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba
 
rufuspaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 20,200
rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBU21
the Bobcats got away with a lot of stuff too.



Like what???!!???
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #402
ANBU21
I brick open layups
 
ANBU21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 111
ANBU21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul


Like what???!!???

I dunno... maybe when G.Wallace lowered his shoulder and ran into Peaches and he was called for a blocking foul. Or pretty much every other play down the floor when a Bobcat player would run right into D12 to try and be physical with him. A lot of those were easily fouls, and let's not forget that G.Wallace ended up underneath peaches when he shot that 3 and made it. It prob would've been a good no-call or offensive but Wallace did not hold his ground, he just folded and cut underneath peaches.

And this most def will be the last time I reply to one of your post since you seem to think the refs were part of the reason the Bobcats lost. You seem to wear a special pair of glasses that don't allow for you to see any non called play that might go against your Bobcats.

Might want to cut back on those ROFL's, they just take away any credibility your post "MAY" have had.
ANBU21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:05 AM   #403
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!
 
Quizno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 4,823
Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBU21
I dunno... maybe when G.Wallace lowered his shoulder and ran into Peaches and he was called for a blocking foul. Or pretty much every other play down the floor when a Bobcat player would run right into D12 to try and be physical with him. A lot of those were easily fouls, and let's not forget that G.Wallace ended up underneath peaches when he shot that 3 and made it. It prob would've been a good no-call or offensive but Wallace did not hold his ground, he just folded and cut underneath peaches.

And this most def will be the last time I reply to one of your post since you seem to think the refs were part of the reason the Bobcats lost. You seem to wear a special pair of glasses that don't allow for you to see any non called play that might go against your Bobcats.

Might want to cut back on those ROFL's, they just take away any credibility your post "MAY" have had.

we both know that wasn't a foul. gerald made no contact when pietrus leaned forward to try to draw contact with gerald, and because he leaned forward so much he landed on gerald, which is more of an offensive foul than a foul on crash. it was a good no call.

and lol @ "every other play down the floor when a Bobcat player would run right into D12 to try and be physical with him." now it's an offensive foul if we make any kind of contact with dwight, regardless of whether or not his feet are set? do you really think dwight was trying to take charges in that? c'mon...

i'm not saying the magic won because of the refs, in fact i think the refs did a pretty decent job. obviously some missed calls, but that's expected. but you can't possibly say the 'cats "got away with stuff"
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:43 AM   #404
ANBU21
I brick open layups
 
ANBU21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 111
ANBU21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
we both know that wasn't a foul. gerald made no contact when pietrus leaned forward to try to draw contact with gerald, and because he leaned forward so much he landed on gerald, which is more of an offensive foul than a foul on crash. it was a good no call.

and lol @ "every other play down the floor when a Bobcat player would run right into D12 to try and be physical with him." now it's an offensive foul if we make any kind of contact with dwight, regardless of whether or not his feet are set? do you really think dwight was trying to take charges in that? c'mon...

i'm not saying the magic won because of the refs, in fact i think the refs did a pretty decent job. obviously some missed calls, but that's expected. but you can't possibly say the 'cats "got away with stuff"

I wasn't trying be be literal by every other play. I'm just saying that there were enough plays missed on both sides that I don't feel like the refs really had a big enough of an impact to try and blame it on them.

And on the G.Wallace play, we will have to agree to disagree. I still feel that since he didn't hold his ground and actually folded and turned his side to Pietrus, it was a foul on him.
ANBU21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #405
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!
 
Quizno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 4,823
Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Charlotte Bobcats @ Orlando Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANBU21
I wasn't trying be be literal by every other play. I'm just saying that there were enough plays missed on both sides that I don't feel like the refs really had a big enough of an impact to try and blame it on them.

And on the G.Wallace play, we will have to agree to disagree. I still feel that since he didn't hold his ground and actually folded and turned his side to Pietrus, it was a foul on him.
yeah, fair enough
Quizno is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy