Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-19-2010, 01:44 PM   #271
Faberg
Local High School Star

Faberg has decent reputation
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: Portland Trail Blazers at Phoenix Suns

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazersDozen
I believe he's only out for the first round so if the Blazers advance, they have a great shot at beating SAS or Mavs as they have dominated both of them this season.

San Antonio maybe, but not Dallas.
Faberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:46 PM   #272
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faberg
San Antonio maybe, but not Dallas.

They beat the shit out of Dallas in the regular season including after the trade deadline...
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #273
Faberg
Local High School Star

Faberg has decent reputation

Quote:
They beat the shit out of Dallas in the regular season including after the trade deadline...

Oh, I didn't know that. I just knew that the Mavs beat them in their last meeting.
Anyway, let's not worry about that right now. You still have to beat us 3 more times first.
Faberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 01:55 PM   #274
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation hereRoseCity07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I had a headache too...wtf...

Yeah, it was bad. And my friend I wanted to punch in the face. He kept saying, it's over, these free throws are going in. I was telling him to stop jinxing it or we'll lose. Every time, I said, if Andre doen't get the ball, Bayless, Aldridge, whoever, will cough up 1 or 2 misses. He started saying the game was over with a minute to go.

It happened that way until Andre was the one shooting them. Also on that Camby break away dunk, I was thinking, man this is going to suck if he blows it. Then he missed it. I just knew that would happen.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #275
TheCord#20
I hit open layups

TheCord#20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackification
Yea because rudy has been really consistent? and aldridge shot what 40% on fg and 75% on fts? yes I do expect him to shoot that "poorly" because its the playoffs and he isn't going to get easy shots. Grant and jrich missed wide open shots they make every other game. Grant shot 22% and missed two threes, jrich shot .30% and went 33% from three. Those are way below their averages this year unlike aldridge and rudy. And of course I didn't want the suns to lose but I am not surprised they did. This series is not over and im not going to panic over one bad night.

The Blazer shooters missed shots too. Rudy was 2-7 and Webster was 2-6. Also, 40% for Aldridge? You really expect him to shoot that low the whole series? I don't expect Amare to shoot 8-19 again, thats just foolish. Both guys will adjust and play better. You can't just slant stats in your favor because you like a team. Either be objective or refrain from commenting. Just saves everyone time.
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 04:21 PM   #276
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Why do people say that if the Suns got back Lopez and the Blazers got back Roy, the Suns would be victorious?

Cuz Lopez get one block a game and scores in the paint for 19 minutes per game?

That wasn't the Suns problem last night. Their problem was they were taking jump shots...if a teams problem is taking jump shots then bigs rarely touch the ball so Lopez wouldn't be touching the ball...

If Roy was in the game, I guarantee the Suns wouldn't have been able to get back into the game once the Blazers went up by 7 the first time.

I said that -- Let me appeal to your reason and say obviously Brandon Roy is a much better player than Robin Lopez. But Lopez adequately fills a role that the Suns are in such dire need of, that when he's gone, it can create a domino effect that takes the entire team down a notch. The stats do not reveal this, except for of course Ws and Ls. All you have to do is look at what the Suns have done with Lopez vs w\out Lopez to see the impact. Ok.

The Suns would have lost game 1 with the way they played with Lopez or even Brook Lopez in the lineup. They lacked energy and cohesiveness and better get their s together. But for the rest of the series, would I as a Suns fan take the scenario that they both come back 100% right now? Yes. I'm serious

P.S. did you see Collins out there for the Suns? He looked like a video game character being controlled by a 12 year old with really bad lag. He was literally 2 entire seconds behind the rest of the game at all times. NO IDEA why Gentry is playing him. Stop it.

P.S. Further Unnecessary Response.. you yourself say they needed more interior scoring. Their problem was they were taking jumpshots, not that their bigs couldnt score inside. Huh? Lopez is also a giant punching bag to absorb crap so Amare doesn't have to. He's soft and doesn't like that. Go Suns!

I hope spoonman is right. Id love to see a typical Suns game 2 blowout win, but im not sure the Suns can blow out this team, they better get used to that or theyre going to all be pouting like amare every game. GRIND IT OUT BItC#S

Last edited by Mrofir : 04-19-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:58 AM   #277
JordanL

JordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation hereJordanL has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
I said that -- Let me appeal to your reason and say obviously Brandon Roy is a much better player than Robin Lopez. But Lopez adequately fills a role that the Suns are in such dire need of, that when he's gone, it can create a domino effect that takes the entire team down a notch. The stats do not reveal this, except for of course Ws and Ls. All you have to do is look at what the Suns have done with Lopez vs w\out Lopez to see the impact. Ok.

The Suns would have lost game 1 with the way they played with Lopez or even Brook Lopez in the lineup. They lacked energy and cohesiveness and better get their s together. But for the rest of the series, would I as a Suns fan take the scenario that they both come back 100% right now? Yes. I'm serious

P.S. did you see Collins out there for the Suns? He looked like a video game character being controlled by a 12 year old with really bad lag. He was literally 2 entire seconds behind the rest of the game at all times. NO IDEA why Gentry is playing him. Stop it.

P.S. Further Unnecessary Response.. you yourself say they needed more interior scoring. Their problem was they were taking jumpshots, not that their bigs couldnt score inside. Huh? Lopez is also a giant punching bag to absorb crap so Amare doesn't have to. He's soft and doesn't like that. Go Suns!

I hope spoonman is right. Id love to see a typical Suns game 2 blowout win, but im not sure the Suns can blow out this team, they better get used to that or theyre going to all be pouting like amare every game. GRIND IT OUT BItC#S

First, Im making this reply from an iPhone so it won't be as in depth as it should be. I'm not avoiding backing up my statements to be annoying.

I understand why you think that the Suns would win if each team got their corresponding player back. But you're wrong.

Obviously Roy is a much better player but he's also the best at drawing fouls and one of the most consistent players we have. Not just that but if you look at our record this season our only real string of losses came while Roy was out or hampered. Without that stretch the Blazers would have a better record than Phoenix to begin with.

To claim that if both Lopez and Roy were back 100% the series would still go to the Suns is foolishness.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: