Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-24-2010, 03:14 PM   #16
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board
Default Re: Mel Kiper is a f*ckin idiot...who let him on TV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I understand that, and I thought that was implied. But just b/c his boy fell so far, does that really mean he would automatically give that team the best draft? lol, NO!

Panthers, in NO way, have had the best draft.

Seahawks
Buccaneers
Bengals
Ravens
and a few other teams have had a very solid draft.

Yeah I definitely agree. You gotta look at teams that fill the most holes, got the most talent, etc. But we all know Mel Kiper's got a hell of an ego and this just backs that up. Don't think anyone should be surprised at his pick.

I will say this, ever since ESPN brought in McShay to counter him, it does seem like Mel makes some more 'reach' type of statements about certain players and his hard stance since like January/before on Clausen over Bradford is no exception.
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:24 PM   #17
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

The whole Mel vs McShay thing is 90% staged. They NEVER agree on anything, and thats how ESPN wants it. Better TV to watch them hate on each other and bicker about every player/pick than it would be to watch them agree on everything.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:41 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZubYpplmzVk

he compared him to Elway...
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:03 PM   #19
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

yeah Seattle had a good draft, but they had 2 first rounders...so that seems unfair...

any team with 2 firsts is gonna have a great looking draft...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:14 PM   #20
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
yeah Seattle had a good draft, but they had 2 first rounders...so that seems unfair...

So?

It's not like they were magically given the first rounder by the NFL or something. They had to get the other one through a trade (idk how they got it but that's beyond the point).
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #21
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
So?

It's not like they were magically given the first rounder by the NFL or something. They had to get the other one through a trade (idk how they got it but that's beyond the point).
so then you have to include vets that teams trade away for picks?

idk, I understand what you are saying, I am just pointing out that every team's draft would look great with 2 first rounders...
Old 04-24-2010, 05:28 PM   #22
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
so then you have to include vets that teams trade away for picks?

idk, I understand what you are saying, I am just pointing out that every team's draft would look great with 2 first rounders...

YeahI know. The Lions getting Best and Suh in the first round makes their draft look a ton better too.

I think the Seahawks had the best weekend easily. Look at the playmakers they got in the draft and through trades. They got a lot of talent and Okung was a big pickup on the OL.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:40 PM   #23
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Not necessarily...

Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:42 PM   #24
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Tebow for Heisma...um, Rookie of the Year.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:51 PM   #25
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kiper is far from an idiot or a retard. I don't always agree with his analysis and I think he tends to put too much stock in offseason workouts and measurables rather than just watching guys play, but the guy can talk intelligently about literally any pick in the draft.

He uses virtually no notes while breaking down all seven rounds, live and on the spot. That isn't easy to do.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #26
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
Kiper is far from an idiot or a retard. I don't always agree with his analysis and I think he tends to put too much stock in offseason workouts and measurables rather than just watching guys play, but the guy can talk intelligently about literally any pick in the draft.

He uses virtually no notes while breaking down all seven rounds, live and on the spot. That isn't easy to do.

He definitely does put in a massive amount of research and always sticks to his guns. He's very dedicated to his job and hasn't stuck around this long by luck.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:56 PM   #27
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack

From what I have seen he is over emotional...and I know I will be looked at as a homer for this thread but he did look like a complete fool this year with Clausen ranked #4 OVERALL...

1. Suh
2. McCoy
3. Berry
4. Clausen

he ranted ALL WEEK LONG about how Clausen is far and away the best QB in the draft and a great prospect...

and you could tell that Kiper was getting very uncomfortable the further that Clausen slipped...

no team looked at Clausen the same way Mel did, and it was smart on his part to just keep quiet after Clausen got taken and pretend he never had him on his board that high...

is he literally a moron?....no
Old 04-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #28
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
From what I have seen he is over emotional...and I know I will be looked at as a homer for this thread but he did look like a complete fool this year with Clausen ranked #4 OVERALL...

1. Suh
2. McCoy
3. Berry
4. Clausen

he ranted ALL WEEK LONG about how Clausen is far and away the best QB in the draft and a great prospect...

and you could tell that Kiper was getting very uncomfortable the further that Clausen slipped...

no team looked at Clausen the same way Mel did, and it was smart on his part to just keep quiet after Clausen got taken and pretend he never had him on his board that high...

is he literally a moron?....no

We should wait to see how Clausen does before we label Kiper for being so high on him. He could end up being right, although I sort of doubt it. I will say that Clausen is going to a perfect situation for a rookie QB.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #29
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

why do you think he's an idiot?
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM   #30
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Jackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJackass18 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How in the hell do you know who actually had the best draft? All the talk about draft grades and who had the best draft/worst draft always made me chuckle. You won't know for years. Yeah, I know, the draft is the time of the year when people pretend they're experts at evaluating talent and also psychics...
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: