Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-20-2010, 04:11 PM   #31
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Default Re: Dwight Howard wins defensive player of the year again. Voting results inside

Dwight's got this shit locked up for the forseeable future. LeBron has the MVP locked up for the forseeable future. Every now and then they can trade places.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:22 PM   #32
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Dwight Howard wins defensive player of the year again. Voting results inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyscraper
Last couple of years when MVP went up agsinst DPOY, DPOY always won in the playoffs...

including last year... and the year before... need I go further?

how often have the two award winners played each other though besides 2007-08 and 2008-09.

Dirk Nowitzki didn't go against Marcus Camby in 06-07
Nash didn't meet up with Ben Wallace 04-06
KG didn't go against Artest in 03-04
Timmy didn't face B.Wallace from 2001-2003
and 2000, it wasn't possible because Mutumbo and AI played on the same team
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:29 PM   #33
ShaqAttack3234
7-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
LOL @ Perk getting one vote. He's not DPOY material by any means, but one vote?

Agreed, how the hell did guys like Kobe, Lebron, Kirilenko, Rondo and even Duncan(he's not that great of a defender anymore) get more votes than Perkins.

In my opinion, Perk is honestly the second or third best defender in the league. He's probably the best post defender, a very good shot blocker, good rebounder and tough in the paint. According to the voting he wasn't even the best defender on his team!
ShaqAttack3234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:32 PM   #34
Batz
Shit just got serious

Not much competition so congrats...
Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #35
Andrei89
#HEATNATION

Default Re: Apparently to NBA reporters, Rondo is a better defender than Ron Artest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
homer alert

He is right though. Artest shut down more players than Lebron or Rondo.
Andrei89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #36
Papaya Petee
USAF

LeBron23: LeBron deserved DPOY. He blocks shots and steals the balls. Dwight will be good when he makes shots. They will count as 2 points and if he shoots far enough they will count as 3 points. LeBron won't care tho because he is a 2x MVP and 1x Finals MVP.

Dwight = 5 top player in league.
Papaya Petee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:31 PM   #37
Papaya Petee
USAF

Anyway congrats to Dwight. He's a hell of a defensive player and can get better. Hopefully he wins his first ring this year.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:47 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Like to see a perimeter defender win it. Oh wait, the rules in the game today wont allow that.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #39
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

I'm more interested in the players that got one vote. Who the **** is still voting Ben Wallace DPOY?
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM   #40
HisAirness3
Banned

If Lebron wants to win a DPOY, I'm sure he could. Especially since Dwight has two DPOYs now, and these awards tend to be biased and they tend to favor players that have never won it before over players that have, for all the awards.
HisAirness3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #41
tontoz
NBA sixth man of the year

Josh Smith in second place. Nice to see him get some recognition in the voting.

The Hawks are too reliant on him though. Nothing frustrates me more than Smith contesting a shot inside and getting the block/ causing a miss with the other Hawks standing around watching. Sure enough an opposing player will get a follow up basket while the rest of the Hawks stand around flatfooted.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #42
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

All-NBA 1st + DPOY? Pretty nice... that's what puts him above guys like Deke and Ben... but on the other hand, you could say that there were better centers back then... and you may be right. Still, I think he deserves props.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:57 PM   #43
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

Default Re: One more time: Dwight Howard defensive player of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Soon Cavs fans will claim Lebron is the DPOY

You're so wrong. Cavs fans wants to rename the awards

Most Valuable Lebron
Most Improve Lebron
Defensive Lebron Of the Year
Rookie Of Lebron
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #44
Papaya Petee
USAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisAirness3
If Lebron wants to win a DPOY, I'm sure he could. Especially since Dwight has two DPOYs now, and these awards tend to be biased and they tend to favor players that have never won it before over players that have, for all the awards.

Lmao you gotta be joking me. LeBron isn't even a better defender then Dwyane Wade, never mind guys like Perkins, Josh Smith, Artest or Battier.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:03 PM   #45
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLsmak
All-NBA 1st + DPOY? Pretty nice... that's what puts him above guys like Deke and Ben... but on the other hand, you could say that there were better centers back then... and you may be right. Still, I think he deserves props.

-Smak

Uhhh, Wallace is a 4 time DPOY and was all-defensive first team every single time he won. Mutombo too is a 4 time DPOY and was all-defensive first team in three of those years.... I'm not claiming any one of these players is better than the other, but as defenders I don't see the separation you speak of. All three of these guys are/were some of the best defenders we've ever seen, but you got to respect winning not 1 or 2 defensive player of the years, but 4 of them, which is freaking intense and achieved by those two (big ben and deke) only.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: