Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-21-2010, 09:28 AM   #16
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Rams trade Carriker, Bradford not the pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Remember when people actually liked Marc Bulger?

TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yo if you look at the Stl Rams first round draft picks? They have been striking out.

DT Damieone Lewis, DT Jimmy Kennedy, OT Alex Barron, DT Adam Carriker, DE Chris Long, CB Tye Hill

Rameek, disagree i think if you can grab a franchise caliber QB you do it. If you think Sam Bradford can be your starter for the next x amount of years? Get him as opposed to trading down and stockpiling picks. Stability at QB for the Lambs is a must.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 12:07 PM   #18
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yo if you look at the Stl Rams first round draft picks? They have been striking out.

DT Damieone Lewis, DT Jimmy Kennedy, OT Alex Barron, DT Adam Carriker, DE Chris Long, CB Tye Hill

Rameek, disagree i think if you can grab a franchise caliber QB you do it. If you think Sam Bradford can be your starter for the next x amount of years? Get him as opposed to trading down and stockpiling picks. Stability at QB for the Lambs is a must.
But that team is more than a QB away to relevance. The team is just so bad and the foundation is awful there!
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5099116
This would be ideal for the Rams because they still can get a QB. How much do they rate these QB's and see them as the "FRANCHISE" we dont know.... All the QB's are projects anyway...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:19 PM   #19
KG215
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

KG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKG215 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I am being 100% serious

he broke all college QB records the year before last...

he is acurate as f*ck...perfect size...hard worker...

he even missed all of last year and is STILL the #1 pick in the draft...

I am trying to think of college QB with more potential than Bradford and can't think of one...I bet Peyton out of Tennessee would have been drafted behind Bradford...

the only QB I think that might have been seen as more potential out of college is Mike Vick...and that is because he looked to be a QB with a crazy strong arm that could also run like Deion or something...

Mike Vick might have been taken first...and that is a maybe...I can't think of anyone else though

Come on prime. I mean I know Bradford is a great prospect and all but best ever?

I agree with the accuracy part. That's vital in the NFL where windows are tighter. However, let's not act like he showed so much in college that he should be tabbed the best QB prospect ever. He spent most of his college career sitting in the shotgun behind an offensive line full of future pros and the WR's and TE's he was throwing to weren't exactly scrubs.
KG215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:36 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG215
Come on prime. I mean I know Bradford is a great prospect and all but best ever?

I agree with the accuracy part. That's vital in the NFL where windows are tighter. However, let's not act like he showed so much in college that he should be tabbed the best QB prospect ever. He spent most of his college career sitting in the shotgun behind an offensive line full of future pros and the WR's and TE's he was throwing to weren't exactly scrubs.
okay I will change it to the best QB prospect coming out of college behind Vick...

Vick had the more hype and was seen as the Jordan of QBs entering the draft...

other than Vick I can't think of modern day college QB with more potential...

I mean, name me one?

Peyton out of Tennessee would be similiar I guess...except he didn't have as good of numbers as Sam...

who are we left with?

Eli?...nope
Leaf?...nope
Ben?...nope
Brees?...nope
Palmer?...nope
ect?...nope

Mike Vick is the only college QB I can think of that would have been drafted over Sam...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #21
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

You know who broke a shit-ton of records? Danny Wuerffel. And in the NFL, no one gave a damn. Bradford is a much more highly-regarded prospect and probably goes first this year but to act like a guy would get taken over Peyton Manning in the draft due to numbers is to ignore the entire history of the draft so far. NFL teams care far more about measurements and pre-draft evaluations than NCAA accomplishments. The idea that a guy that has just had a season ruined by injury is the greatest QB prospect ever is idiotic and being said by absolutely no one but you.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 08:14 PM   #22
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
You know who broke a shit-ton of records? Danny Wuerffel. And in the NFL, no one gave a damn. Bradford is a much more highly-regarded prospect and probably goes first this year but to act like a guy would get taken over Peyton Manning in the draft due to numbers is to ignore the entire history of the draft so far. NFL teams care far more about measurements and pre-draft evaluations than NCAA accomplishments. The idea that a guy that has just had a season ruined by injury is the greatest QB prospect ever is idiotic and being said by absolutely no one but you.
I agree...

infact Bradford didn't even have numbers this year...

It is not just being said by me either...

if you think it is so idiotic, then name one other than Mike Vick please?
Old 04-21-2010, 08:20 PM   #23
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

What, QBs that looked like better prospects than a guy who missed a season with an injury to his throwing shoulder? This is too dumb for me to participate any further. No, no one else is saying this stupid shit. "Best prospect ever."
Old 04-21-2010, 08:21 PM   #24
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
What, QBs that looked like better prospects than a guy who missed a season with an injury to his throwing shoulder? This is too dumb for me to participate any further. No, no one else is saying this stupid shit. "Best prospect ever."
would have been easier for you just type "I can't name anyone"
Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #25
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
would have been easier for you just type "I can't name anyone"
I named someone "other than Vick" in the first post I made on the subject. Him and his little brother were #1s hyped to death over their abilities and pedigree. They were just the easy picks. If you want me to list half the QBs picked #1 in the draft I suppose I could do that research but to me it's pointless because only a dumbass would actually argue that Bradford is the greatest QB prospect ever seen.
Old 04-21-2010, 08:36 PM   #26
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
I named someone "other than Vick" in the first post I made on the subject. Him and his little brother were #1s hyped to death over their abilities and pedigree. They were just the easy picks. If you want me to list half the QBs picked #1 in the draft I suppose I could do that research but to me it's pointless because only a dumbass would actually argue that Bradford is the greatest QB prospect ever seen.
*other than Vick* ...(you can stop the "ever seen" stuff now)

no, this was debated for a very long time on Dallas radio the other day...(of course you will just say they are all dumb asses)...the fact that Bradford sat out the year with an injury and is STILL the concenus #1 QB speaks volumes...

Peyton is debatable, I said "he would be similiar" in my earlier post...but even with him there was debate between him and Leaf...

Eli is just a big fat "NO"...

so you got Peyton, who had similiar work eithic, size, and perhaps accuracy, but didn't play in a prostyle offense and didn't have the ridiculous passing numbers that Bradford had...you are right, scouts don't care that much about numbers, but it could be the tie breaker between those two in who would be taken first...

it is not a dumb arguement...Bradford is an amazing QB prospect...he would have been an AMAZING QB prospect LAST F*CKIN YEAR!!!
Old 04-21-2010, 08:59 PM   #27
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

It's a retarded argument. The people that argued over it on Dallas radio were not all dumbasses...just the stupid ****ing homers that argued for Bradford. And Eli Manning was basically put on par with his dad and brother before the draft. That's far more props than Bradford gets. Back then, if a guy was seen as a franchise QB he was a lock to go #1. Guys like Elway or the Mannings didn't have people looking at Ndamukong Suh.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:15 PM   #28
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
It's a retarded argument. The people that argued over it on Dallas radio were not all dumbasses...just the stupid ****ing homers that argued for Bradford. And Eli Manning was basically put on par with his dad and brother before the draft. That's far more props than Bradford gets. Back then, if a guy was seen as a franchise QB he was a lock to go #1. Guys like Elway or the Mannings didn't have people looking at Ndamukong Suh.
yes, the fact that Bradford has to compete with the likes of Suh and McCoy...WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING...makes it even more amazing

it is not a retarded arguement at all in terms of sports debates...and it has been talked about by many already, just stop it
Old 04-21-2010, 09:18 PM   #29
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

LOL. The fact that he is debated vs. them proves that he's not the most highly-regarded QB prospect ever. Duh. Your ability to reason is clearly lacking. Texas once again shows itself to be full of idiots. I'm done with you.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:34 PM   #30
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
LOL. The fact that he is debated vs. them proves that he's not the most highly-regarded QB prospect ever. Duh. Your ability to reason is clearly lacking. Texas once again shows itself to be full of idiots. I'm done with you.
the fact that the Rams are taking Bradford OVER THE LIKES OF SUH AND MCCOY IS AMAZING FOR BRADFORD!!!

f*ck you're stupid...

if I was as stupid as you are, I might even throw your entire state under the bus with you...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: