Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 11-09-2006, 05:04 PM   #1
Nygher
Banned

Nygher has an OK reputation so far
Default 1st Rnd. Pick?

Would you rather pick up another young player in the draft, possibly someone like Greg Oden

Or trade the pick for a veteran SF or PG that will help develope the young stars on the team?
Nygher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:19 PM   #2
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

get gred oden!!!
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:25 PM   #3
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

You guys shouldnt have trade for Aldridge, but rather just have drafted Rudy Gay.
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:26 PM   #4
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

AND shouldve agreed to the QRich for Miles trade :P
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:47 AM   #5
benisjamin33
I airball my layups

benisjamin33 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
You guys shouldnt have trade for Aldridge, but rather just have drafted Rudy Gay.

are you kidding me why would we draft another shooting gaurd or small forward? we have plenty of guys to fill those positions and we needed a young and athletic big man (it is obvious because jamal is old and nonathletic)
benisjamin33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:41 PM   #6
JJCollector
I airball my layups

JJCollector has an OK reputation so far

trade the pick for a PG? are you serious? I think Jack has proved that he is more than capable of handling the team both as a player and a leader. he is a second year player that is already selected as a team captain (even if he is the alternate). not to mention his average of 12 pts, 6.2 assists, and 2.6 steals
JJCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
Nygher
Banned

Jack was not selected as a team captain (it's Randolph and Pryzbilla)

If you watched the Laker game then you can see that Jack right now is not ready to start in the NBA. Jack is probably the worst starting point guard in the league

Mike James is better, Alston is better, even Livingston is better and he's a backup

I think you need a veteran to help Jack learn how to make the right decisions because so far this season he's made the wrong decisions in crucial times and notice how the Blazers are always losing games until he leaves the games.

Coincidence? I think not.

They obviously need a starting SF unless Outlaw can put up good numbers consistantly, and Aldridge almost had a double double in his first NBA game off the bench with 10 points and 8 boards against Dallas on Sunday.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:13 PM   #8
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygher
Jack was not selected as a team captain (it's Randolph and Pryzbilla)

If you watched the Laker game then you can see that Jack right now is not ready to start in the NBA. Jack is probably the worst starting point guard in the league

Mike James is better, Alston is better, even Livingston is better and he's a backup

I think you need a veteran to help Jack learn how to make the right decisions because so far this season he's made the wrong decisions in crucial times and notice how the Blazers are always losing games until he leaves the games.

Coincidence? I think not.

They obviously need a starting SF unless Outlaw can put up good numbers consistantly, and Aldridge almost had a double double in his first NBA game off the bench with 10 points and 8 boards against Dallas on Sunday.
Even with some veterans they're headed nowhere this season so they should let their young players play and see who's worth and who's not.
The only thing they should have done by now is trade Miles.
They should trade Randolph around the trade deadline too, if he keeps playing like he's playing now his trade value should be the highest possible.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
Nygher
Banned

Why would you trade Randolph?

He's obviously shown a great improvement from working with Nate McMillian and is a lot less lazy and is now playing downlow (finally getting Sheed out of his head)

Get rid of Miles any way you can and it will help the team. He's a cancer who doesn't even care if he plays or not. I think Suke on Primetime on 1080 put it best. He got the big contract and basically retired.

You need to get some guys in here who WANT this to turn around and send out the guys who don't really care about this franchise. That being LaFrentz, Magloire and Miles.

Zach has shown me an amazing increase in leadership and really wants this team to be turned around.

As much as I'd love Greg Oden in Portland, I doubt we'll get the 1st overall pick and the only way I personally wouldn't trade the pick was if we got the 1st overall pick.

Trade away the pick. Get a great player for it (which you can get with a 1-5 pick for this draft class) and let the young continue to drastically improve through Nate and watch this team make the play-offs in two seasons
Old 11-16-2006, 02:48 AM   #10
chains5000
From Out Of Nowhere

chains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablechains5000 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

IMO Randolph isn't worth his max contract, that's why i'd trade him.
Portland is in rebuilding mode, and it's gonna take a long time. Having Randolph with them will get them some wins but nothing else.
chains5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 11:52 PM   #11
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

Trade randolph because he's a walking time bomb. Been reading some of the **** he does off court. Especially the new allegations, outside of the hooker incident.

Jack is not the worst pg in the league. He's in the middle and improving. Jack>=TJ, rafer,Smush, Mike James, Telfair, Ridnour, Ollie, Damon, sucky atkins,payton, jason williams, jameer, lue, claxton, snow, damon jones, tinsley
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:17 AM   #12
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Rabs_One has an OK reputation so far

I think u need to add one more veteran and you'll be fine, Randolph is playin like he shoulda been all this time. I jst hope Miles dusnt disrupt the team when he cums back, U should ditch him for sum1 like Webber just for leadership qualities
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #13
Nygher
Banned

Jack got embarrassed by Luke Ridnour.

TJ Ford is a good arguement but he fits in with what the Raptors are doing which will make him a better PG in the long run.

Smush Parker and Mike James would be better as a 2 guards.

Telfair is still 20 or 21 but Jack will have the better career because he went to college and knows the fundamentals

Damon Stoudamire is better than Jack. His offense is way better and he has better court vision and knows how to run a team.

Jameer is also better along with Eric Snow & Jamaal Tinsley

BTW...I said worst starting point guard...he may get a lot of steals, but like I already said, the Blazers lose big in the first quarter when he's in and get back into the game when Roy, Dixon or Dickau are running the team.

But from what I've heard, Nate is working really hard with Jarrett and I expect Jack to become a good - decent PG for his career. Someone like a Stockton without all the assists unless Portland starts running pick and rolls with Randolph more frequently.
Old 12-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #14
JJCollector
I airball my layups

JJCollector has an OK reputation so far

Hey Nygher, first off nice name you JACKASS! What an idiot! Can you not read or must I repeat myself. Jack was voted an alternate captain. As for his play, just look at the numbers he puts up. 2nd on the team in scoring despite being an unselfish player. Worst PG in the league??? You must not watch Bball you retard! 13.6 ppg, 6.2 ast, only 23, a 2nd year player, and starting PG for a team of bums... sounds go to me!
JJCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
Nygher
Banned

Look at the date this thread was made...like a month before he started playing good
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: