Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-21-2010, 09:23 AM   #1
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

King Lebron LBJ has decent reputationKing Lebron LBJ has decent reputation
Default Round 1, Game 2, April 19: Spurs at Mavericks

Should be another good one

Can Dirk repeat his big game 1 performance? I see Dallas coming through again tonight. Still think Dallas are the only team outside of maybe Denver who would be able to beat L.A.
King Lebron LBJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:05 AM   #2
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread (Mavs lead series 1-0)

Quote:
Mavericks' Mark Cuban says respectfully: 'I hate the Spurs'
Eddie Sefko

Mark Cuban held court after practice today and he touched on a lot of subjects that we'll visit over the next few hours on the blog.

One thing he reiterated was that "I hate the Spurs.''

But it's a respectful hate, he said, because the two teams play basketball the right way.

"Every possession just feels like it's a punch in a heavyweight fight,'' Cuban said. "It doesn't feel like a first-round of the playoffs. It feels like the conference finals, like we're playing to get to the Finals. That shows the respect we have for each other.''

http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...urt-after.html
Old 04-21-2010, 11:08 AM   #3
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: San Antonio Spurs @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread (Mavs lead series 1-0)

Why are so many people picking the Spurs on this series?
TennesseeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #4
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cuban is right. The history between the teams makes this feel like Lewis vs Schmeling part deux. That epic.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan
Why are so many people picking the Spurs on this series?

Who exactly? most have picked Dallas.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:14 AM   #6
TennesseeFan
Banned

TennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this boardTennesseeFan has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lebron LBJ

This is a popular upset for some reason
Old 04-21-2010, 11:15 AM   #7
King Lebron LBJ
I am A Witness

Quote:
This is a popular upset for some reason

Only because of the Spurs history but even when they were a contender Dallas always seemed to beat them but once.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #8
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Mark Cuban hates the spurs. In related news, not every single human being alive hates Mark Cuban. (fixed?)

Last edited by niko : 04-21-2010 at 11:21 AM.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:17 AM   #9
TennesseeFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Mark Cuban hates the spurs. In related news, every single human being alive hates Mark Cuban.

I don't.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:20 AM   #10
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I don't.

neither do i
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 11:21 AM   #11
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Only because of the Spurs history but even when they were a contender Dallas always seemed to beat them but once.

People have rewrote history - the Spurs used to be a great defensive team, have lapses during the season, and then by the end of the season jell. And this jelled team would beat you down.

Now, they are a better offensive team, lesser defensively, and streaky at times. Once they hit their hot streak, everyone said "thats what they always do, its time to kickass"

i think this is a close series, but i have no reason to think the spurs pull it out. The mavs (and spurs) both didnt play to their best in game 1. i think as the series goes on, the tempo picks up and the spurs will be in trouble.

I think today the spurs try to knock dallas out right off the bat. if dallas survives the early charge, SA is in trouble.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has not been impressing people

Quote:
no way.
Check the original thread.
70% of posters picked the Spurs in 6.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
Mark Cuban hates the spurs. In related news, not every single human being alive hates Mark Cuban. (fixed?)
Ah, yes, but are their human beings alive who like Donald Sterling (tokowitz) ?
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:54 PM   #14
effortwins
I airball my layups

effortwins has an OK reputation so far

I actually have Spurs in 6/7 in my bracket, and I have no problem with Game 1's loss. Dirk shot 86%, and if he beats the spurs shooting 60%+ every game, then so be it, I made a bad pick. I think San Antonio will be able to pull out this series. I think Parker will turn it on this game, and get to the rim a lot. All I know is, it's going to be a really good game and a good series in total.
effortwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 03:59 PM   #15
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

hill is sitting out, last i heard. that's a major blow to san antonio already, because he's their 4th guy and another defender to throw at dirk (yeah that's right).

the big 3 had 60+ points (71) in game one. they held their end of the bargain.

pop called out jefferson and mason for game one, saying they played like dogs. jefferson scored 4 points on 1-4 shooting.

blair only played 8 minutes. temple didn't play in favor of the aforementioned mason.

if pop doesn't trust the rookies blair and temple a little more (and knowing pop, temple won't play at all in the playoffs), then the series is done. it's time to sit roger mason for good. the guy is not simply in a bad stretch, he is just a poor player.

for the spurs, sadly, it all comes down to jefferson or an absolute monstrous game from one of the big three. otherwise, the series will most likely end like last year's-in 5.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: