Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-01-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
SourPatchKids
Banned

SourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSourPatchKids is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Candy before games

We all know that Lamar Odom loves to eat candy before games. Have you guys tried this before? Hey on Saturday i just might bring a bag of Sour Patch Kids to my game.
SourPatchKids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Candy before games

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
We all know that Lamar Odom loves to eat candy before games. Have you guys tried this before? Hey on Saturday i just might bring a bag of Sour Patch Kids to my game.

I don't know about u but for me i cant eat anything within like 1.5 hours of any game/practice or anything or i feel like barfing everywhere. U have to remember that NBA players are in better shae than most people will ever come close to in their lives, so there metabolisms can probably deal with eating something like that before a game. Just cause they can do it doesnt mean u can.

I wouldn't suggest it but if ur gonna try it i would suggest trying it at a practice first that way u dont cost ur team a game or anything if it doesnt work.

Last edited by Lancerballer21 : 04-01-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 07:41 PM   #3
Permodius
I airball my layups

Permodius has an OK reputation so far

I try it, and it works. It improves my game by approximately 105%.
Permodius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 10:49 PM   #4
Spec5ial5k5
I hit open layups

Spec5ial5k5 has an OK reputation so far

lol just cause lamar odom does it doesnt mean u should do it i feel like crap when i eat anything sugary before games
Spec5ial5k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
ABPrints
Kids at the park dunk on me

ABPrints has an OK reputation so far

I can't wait until some NBA star says he wears his socks inside out and see how many start doing it. But seriously, eat what you are used to eating pregame, not because Odom does it. Yes, if you are used to McDonalds, IMO, it is ok to eat that. Not that it is the best choice, but not need to upset ones stomach with "clean" food if they are used to fatty food. This goes for anything, not just fast food or healthy food, or spaghetti, whatever.
ABPrints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:36 AM   #6
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

one hershey bar before a few hours of ball does it for me
HylianNightmare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #7
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Bananas are the way to go pregame... and postgame quite frankly. I just blend mine into a protein shake.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 10:12 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

candy will make u crash after a while. bad idea.

i also wouldn't do anything that lamar odum does w/o some research. he has been known to do some really dumb shit*.

*http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXOPFdmhU2E

Last edited by jbot : 04-16-2010 at 10:15 PM.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 11:26 PM   #9
dab0yech0
3 Ball like Piatkowski

dab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation heredab0yech0 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
I don't know about u but for me i cant eat anything within like 1.5 hours of any game/practice or anything or i feel like barfing everywhere. U have to remember that NBA players are in better shae than most people will ever come close to in their lives, so there metabolisms can probably deal with eating something like that before a game. Just cause they can do it doesnt mean u can.

I wouldn't suggest it but if ur gonna try it i would suggest trying it at a practice first that way u dont cost ur team a game or anything if it doesnt work.

You must have a really slow metabolism or mine just goes way quick but then again I lift weights 3x a week and hoop 3x a week with one day of rest a week so that might be why.

But back to the original question, a bit of sugar and carbs do help so why dont you just drink Gatorade or a sports drink instead? Tastes just like candy anyways.
dab0yech0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 02:07 AM   #10
Splitz77
Good High School Starter

Splitz77 has decent reputation

I drink a soda every now and then before games and it doesnt do anything to me, Im in pretty great shape though. It's not even basketball season for me anymore, but i still drink a soda here and their before a track meet, and I still do pretty damn amazing. So, I dont know. I here its not a great idea, but it doesnt, or hasnt affected me yet..
Splitz77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:14 PM   #11
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dab0yech0
You must have a really slow metabolism or mine just goes way quick but then again I lift weights 3x a week and hoop 3x a week with one day of rest a week so that might be why.

But back to the original question, a bit of sugar and carbs do help so why dont you just drink Gatorade or a sports drink instead? Tastes just like candy anyways.

Idk, i have a pretty fast metabolism and i can have small snacks like a granola bar or a small banana but thats it
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by CON562
i chew gum during pick up games..idk why but if i dont have a piece of gum i feel weird.

One of these days you are going to choke on that gum man...
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #13
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Just noticed the original poster of the thread on candy before basketball is named SourPatchKids. Nicely done.

I'll often have a handful of Swedish Fish before playing, but it doesn't seem to affect me one way or the other. They just taste good.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: