Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Felton Becomes a Big Brother

Quote:
Felton Becomes a Big Brother

November 9, 2006

Raymond Felton is making a difference, and not just on the basketball court.

On Thursday, November 9, Felton announced that he is teaming up with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Charlotte. In an effort to bring awareness to the organization, Felton will not only appear in a new multimedia campaign for TV and print, but he will be a Big Brother as well.

“I am very excited to be a part of Big Brother Big Sisters because it really symbolizes what my family has taught, what my family is all about,” said a smiling Felton as he hugged both his “little” Ricky and another “little” Fred, who is also part of the media campaign. “Just to see these kids smile, to put a smile on their face and give the kids the opportunities I had growing up means a lot to me.”

Ricky, who Felton will mentor, had a lot to say about having Raymond Felton as a Big Brother.

“It will be a good experience to hang out with Raymond Felton because I will have someone to play with, to talk to, to play games with and someone to help me if I have a problem at school with a bully or something,” said Ricky. “The reason I wanted a Big Brother was because my Auntie Tracy couldn’t devote all the time I need to me -- every time she comes home from work she has more work to do at home.”

“ Well I believe he pretty much summed it up for everybody,” said a laughing Felton, after Ricky had just finished his speech, where he declared that Raymond come and play basketball with him at least twice a month and that he didn’t always feel comfortable talking girls – hint, hint.

Several studies have measured the effectiveness of this program, citing that 68 percent of youth in this program have improved their relationships with their peers, 74 percent have improved their academic performance, 96 percent have avoided delinquent behavior, 99 percent have avoided substance abuse, 99 percent have avoided early parenting and 84 percent have indicated more self-confidence.

Felton is excited to have the chance to help make such a dramatic impact on this young man’s life.

“To be honest even if I wasn’t a professional athlete and I didn’t play ball here it would be something I would still love to do,” said Felton. “The first time I met the kid it just brought joy to my eyes.

“I just want to be a positive influence in his life – someone he will always remember or can come to talk to about anything.”

“The first time when she told me I didn’t believe her,” said Ricky, referring to when he first heard from his auntie that Felton was going to be his Big Brother.

Well, after Thursday’s announcement Ricky didn’t have any more doubts, as the pair already seemed to be having fun with each other.

Both Felton and Big Brothers Big Sisters are hoping that more people will follow Felton’s lead and help make a difference in the community by influencing the life of a youngster.

What a heart-warming article. I wish all NBA players would be this way. Kudos to Raymond.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 07:15 PM   #2
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Doesn't surprise me that he's done this. He's a great guy.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 08:09 PM   #3
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Yep, hopefully more Bobcats will follow in order.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:14 PM   #4
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster

That is great to hear. Ray is a great guy.
The Italian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:18 PM   #5
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

The Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected posterThe Italian is a pretty well-respected poster
Default When is our first televised game?

What I mean by this is when is the first game that I would be able to watch? I live in Canada. I have NBA TV.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:00 PM   #6
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

OOh, for Canada you'll probably only be able to get 2 Cats games. There will be one on TNT and one on NBA TV. The tv scheduled was released and there are a couple threads about it in here somewhere.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:19 PM   #7
The Italian
Defense? Whats that?

Sorry for putting this in this thread. I meant to make it a new thread but I accidently posted it in here.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:34 PM   #8
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

It's ok, don't worry about it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: