Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > San Antonio Spurs Forum

San Antonio Spurs Forum San Antonio Spurs message board - San Antonio Spurs forum

Old 04-23-2010, 10:42 PM   #76
AirJordan23
Local High School Star

AirJordan23 is considered somewhat coolAirJordan23 is considered somewhat coolAirJordan23 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Round 1, Game 3, April 23: Mavericks @ Spurs

Dampier played some nice defense on Duncan the past couple of possessions.
AirJordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:43 PM   #77
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirJordan23
Dampier played some nice defense on Duncan the past couple of possessions.

certainly. much better option than haywood, at least against duncan
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:44 PM   #78
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i really wish dirk got the calls duncan did. hed be a 30 a night guy every night.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:46 PM   #79
D3vIrGiNiz3r
I hit open layups

D3vIrGiNiz3r has an OK reputation so far

haha poor Mavs can't get a break with the officials. This whole series has been terribly officiated.
D3vIrGiNiz3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #80
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

there is no reason for anyone to not just shove the hell out of whoevers in front of them on a rebound right now. they arent calling it either way.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 PM   #81
lilmanu

Manu is dominating defensively
Old 04-23-2010, 10:50 PM   #82
lilmanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
i really wish dirk got the calls duncan did. hed be a 30 a night guy every night.
The difference is Dirk shoots soft fadeaways all the time, Duncan goes up with strong post moves
Old 04-23-2010, 10:52 PM   #83
chitownsfinest
Local High School Star

chitownsfinest has decent reputation

Parker needs to seriously stop taking jumpers and drving it in considering he seems to be bricking it everytime he takes one (which is weird because his mid-range j was wet just a year ago). It seems like everytime Parker drives the ball in, something good comes out of it whether it's a easy layup, a foul, or a easy feed for a teammate. Why don't the Spurs run much of a Duncan and Parker two man game?
chitownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #84
Gotterdammerung
God-killer

Gotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this boardGotterdammerung is popular on this board

I agree, chitown, but at the same time you can't just force it inside, you also gotta take what the defense gives you.

The defender backs off and gives parker room to hit that 18 foot jumper. If he hits that consistently the defender will step up, and that opens a lane for parker to drive. Then he can collapse the defense for kick-outs.

Its not as simple as most think.

Good barrage by the mavs to keep it close at the end of the 2nd qt.
Gotterdammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:57 PM   #85
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

that was a sick three by Barea (25 footer?)... Not a bad way to finish the half for the Mavs.... Much like last game though, they haven't had the lead at any point.... We'll see what happens.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:58 PM   #86
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmanu
The difference is Dirk shoots soft fadeaways all the time, Duncan goes up with strong post moves
No. Duncan shoots a ton of jumpers and alot of his post moves are one handed fadeaways. As for this particular game, my only real complaints about the refs are these. my general complaint that being shorter doesnt give you the right to just wrap dirk up, hand check him or place both hands squarely in his back the same as you couldnt do that if you are the same size and that theyve just let everyone mavs included shove anyone in front of them going for rebounds. The fact is, you have to adjust to how the games being called. we havent, they have.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #87
chitownsfinest
Local High School Star

^ True but Parker can still kick it out to an open teammate if he drives it in. The Mavs did switch it to a 3-2 zone for a reason in the end of the second quarter though. I don't know why Parker seemingly lost his wet mid-range jumper this season.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:01 PM   #88
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
that was a sick three by Barea (25 footer?)... Not a bad way to finish the half for the Mavs.... Much like last game though, they haven't had the lead at any point.... We'll see what happens.

but they are closer than it seems like they should be. which is troubling.

manu's killing himself on defense, somebody has to produce some offense to make up for his lack of scoring....paging richard jefferson

and pop cannot be tricked into matching mavs small ball with spurs small ball again. duncan got some rest in the first half, if they pull that crap again, duncan should come right back in
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:05 PM   #89
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chitownsfinest
^ True but Parker can still kick it out to an open teammate if he drives it in. The Mavs did switch it to a 3-2 zone for a reason in the end of the second quarter though. I don't know why Parker seemingly lost his wet mid-range jumper this season.

I don't think he's "lost it" really, just isn't as automatic as often. Did you watch the last game? He was stroking mid range jumpers pretty comfortably. His game has been pretty atypical all season though, everything from his role, his health, his scoring, etc. He looks as good now as he's been all season, but shooting jumpshots has always been an 'addition' to his game not really the forefront (obviously), he'll get it going I think.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 11:12 PM   #90
chitownsfinest
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCdac
I don't think he's "lost it" really, just isn't as automatic as often. Did you watch the last game? He was stroking mid range jumpers pretty comfortably. His game has been pretty atypical all season though, everything from his role, his health, his scoring, etc. He looks as good now as he's been all season, but shooting jumpshots has always been an 'addition' to his game not really the forefront (obviously), he'll get it going I think.
I'm just saying his game last season wasn't on par with what he was doing in the 08-09 season, where he was amazing to watch and averaged like 25 ppg on 55% shooting for the last two months and had a really nice series against Dallas considering he didn't have that much help in that series. I understand his scoring was gonna go down with the addition of new player and Hill's progression, but it went down like 6 points per game and like 9 points per game from what TP did in the last two months of the 08-09 season.

Yeah I saw the last game and Parker did have that some big jumpers in that game, but that proves my point farther in that Parker's J is inconsistent considering what he is doing today. I don't know, I just feel Parker's jumper in the 08-9/07-08 seasons was better then what it is right now imo.

"Lost it" was a over-exaggeration on my part
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: