Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-24-2010, 07:25 PM   #241
Xsatyr
Samurai Chef

Xsatyr is considered somewhat coolXsatyr is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (1-2)

Awesome game for the Blazers, fun series

Edit: Also props to Roy
Xsatyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #242
Mrofir
National High School Star

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Phoenix Suns (2-1) @ Portland Trail Blazers (1-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Some bad calls, but the refs didn't make the Suns score under 90. 4th quarter offense was painful to watch. Everyone standing around.

yes, it was an infuriating call just because I can't rationalize it beyond a power trip. But the Suns lost this game all on their own. They didn't play their game all game long. When they do that theyre going to win 1 or 2 out of 10 in Portland.
Mrofir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:26 PM   #243
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

Just a bad game overall by the Suns, the Blazers stepped their game up, which I expected them to do after getting embarrassed twice in a row. Back to Phoenix and back to winning, and hopefully some home town calls.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:28 PM   #244
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Suns got stomped and played like shit. Blazers showed some serious balls and played with a lot of emotion. I don't know if they'll be able to carry that over to Monday night, my prediction is that they get stomped by double digits, but they did what they had to do today and get a W.

As for the refs, yes they acted like they had ridden the short yellow bus to the arena but they were just calling a shitty game all over the place. Both teams should be pissed at these idiots.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #245
Mrofir

Mrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected posterMrofir is a pretty well-respected poster

This whole thing where Nash picks his spots works some of the time, but then other times it takes on an artificial feel, like he's controlling his shot selection just for the hell of it, a la Kobe. I don't like it, Nash needs to involve himself in the game every minute he is on the court. He's not good enough (only MVPs can) to turn it on whenever he feels like.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:29 PM   #246
Mrofir

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
Suns got stomped and played like shit. Blazers showed some serious balls and played with a lot of emotion. I don't know if they'll be able to carry that over to Monday night, my prediction is that they get stomped by double digits, but they did what they had to do today and get a W.

As for the refs, yes they acted like they had ridden the short yellow bus to the arena but they were just calling a shitty game all over the place. Both teams should be pissed at these idiots.

Stomped? otherwise, ok.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #247
ZenMaster
Whap'em

ZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterZenMaster is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy
Some bad calls, but the refs didn't make the Suns score under 90. 4th quarter offense was painful to watch. Everyone standing around.

That's true, Blazers did good. But even though the Suns score less than 90 doesn't mean they shouldn't have a fair chance when still in range. That missed travel was disgusting, and it makes for a possible 5 point differential as Aldrige got an open jumper instead of a Roy turnover. IMO it was a crucial moment in the 4th.
ZenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #248
Faberg
Local High School Star

Faberg has decent reputation

Good win Blazer fans.

I believe Game 5 is gonna be the deciding game for both teams for who will win this series.
Faberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #249
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

wooo, on me iphone here, little drunk, dont tajke to much notice of my post.

LaMarcus Aldridge : Where Beasting Happens.
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #250
Mrofir

If OKC wins tonight, I'll consider the night a wash.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #251
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It was a good game suns fans. After Amare got hacked the refs started looking for make up calls and messed the game up. Blazers are better with Roy. You can't deny that. Him being there made jrich work on defense which effected his offense.

Brandon Roy also made it easier on aldridge.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #252
ODEN>DURANT
Local High School Star

ODEN>DURANT has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
If OKC wins tonight, I'll consider the night a wash.

BEAT L.A BEAT L.A BEAT L.A
ODEN>DURANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:33 PM   #253
Mrofir

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseCity07
It was a good game suns fans. After Amare got hacked the refs started looking for make up calls and messed the game up. Blazers are better with Roy. You can't deny that. Him being there made jrich work on defense which effected his offense.

Brandon Roy also made it easier on aldridge.

Roy's a great player, but I thought his main contribution was psychological tonight, as well as Rudy playing 7 minutes or whatever. That was big. By the way, Suns'll take Rudy off your hands for you. We'll figure out something for him to do.
Old 04-24-2010, 07:34 PM   #254
DouXer4ouR
RunAndGunSuns

DouXer4ouR has decent reputation

Aldridge scored 31 tonight. Guaranteed he gets nowhere near that again. Suns basically left him unguarded on a large percentage of his shots. Our defense was pretty bad tonight, and we allowed way too many offensive rebounds. We will be better next game.
DouXer4ouR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #255
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrofir
Roy's a great player, but I thought his main contribution was psychological tonight, as well as Rudy playing 7 minutes or whatever. That was big. By the way, Suns'll take Rudy off your hands for you. We'll figure out something for him to do.

you know I was thinking Rudy would be great in Phoenix. I'm not one of the fans that has givin up on him. When he just shoots he is a different player. His confidence has just died behind Brandon Roy.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: