Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 04-24-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Brandon Roy returns only around 8 days after knee surgery

He's helped today, in Game 4 vs the Suns in round 1. In limited fashion, but still
insidehoops is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 12:18 AM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Brandon Roy returns only around 8 days after knee surgery

When he stood up from the bench, there seemed to be a minor Willis Reed-like moment with the crowd.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
TheCord#20
I hit open layups

TheCord#20 has an OK reputation so far

I was born in Portland, OR but raised in Spokane, WA. I've been a Blazers fan from birth. I now attend college in Portland but my family has moved from Spokane to Bloomington, IN. Since my family is in Bloomington, i spend the summers there. I arrived in Bloomington for the summer this past monday, the day before game 3. I decide to go to a bar called Brothers on Tuesday evening to watch game 3 with a few buddies. So i'm watching us get killed and guess who walks in and sits right beside me. Greg Oden! I told him i was from Portland and talked to him for a few minutes. I love Oden and i wish him the best, but i don't understand how he isn't with the team right now. He was walking around fine, no limp or anything, it's not like he is bed ridden. Seeing Roy out there makes me respect him that much more.

Go Blazers
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 03:57 PM   #4
Myth

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCord#20
I was born in Portland, OR but raised in Spokane, WA. I've been a Blazers fan from birth. I now attend college in Portland but my family has moved from Spokane to Bloomington, IN. Since my family is in Bloomington, i spend the summers there. I arrived in Bloomington for the summer this past monday, the day before game 3. I decide to go to a bar called Brothers on Tuesday evening to watch game 3 with a few buddies. So i'm watching us get killed and guess who walks in and sits right beside me. Greg Oden! I told him i was from Portland and talked to him for a few minutes. I love Oden and i wish him the best, but i don't understand how he isn't with the team right now. He was walking around fine, no limp or anything, it's not like he is bed ridden. Seeing Roy out there makes me respect him that much more.

Go Blazers

Yeah, I remember reading something along those lines on another board (I can only assume it was you). Kind of disappointing to hear. Did you not ask why he wasn't there? You never know, there could be a good reason. Anyway, I'm not surprised he is walking fine. He was once hoping to make it back for the playoffs, so he has to be pretty much at the end of his recovery. I'm guessing he is getting ready to start increasing his workouts.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
TheCord#20
I hit open layups

TheCord#20 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Yeah, I remember reading something along those lines on another board (I can only assume it was you). Kind of disappointing to hear. Did you not ask why he wasn't there? You never know, there could be a good reason. Anyway, I'm not surprised he is walking fine. He was once hoping to make it back for the playoffs, so he has to be pretty much at the end of his recovery. I'm guessing he is getting ready to start increasing his workouts.

Yeah, i mentioned it in the chat with Joe Freeman. I asked him how the knee was and he said it was good. Even if he can't play, it would be nice to see him there supporting his team. Pretty sure Webster was there for the Rockets series last year.
TheCord#20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:53 PM   #6
Myth

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCord#20
Yeah, i mentioned it in the chat with Joe Freeman. I asked him how the knee was and he said it was good. Even if he can't play, it would be nice to see him there supporting his team. Pretty sure Webster was there for the Rockets series last year.

I'm not trying to make excuses for Oden, but Webster is a NW guy and stress fractures are a heck of a lot different than knee injuries. I've had stress fractures in both my shins, and it made it so I couldn't work out, but I had no problem getting around. You mentioned that Oden had no problem getting around, but being stuck behind the bench wouldn't allow Oden much room for his legs to be moved into comfortable positions since his injury is to the knee. Maybe the team thought it would be unnecessary for him to fly to Portland to watch the game from the locker room where he could have the room to stretch out his legs. That said, I still wish he were here.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #7
Myth

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindbla..._good_day.html

Well, Oden will be at the game tonight. I know this Oden stuff has gotten us a bit off topic, but I figured continue this conversation rather than start a whole knew thread.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: