Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 04-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #601
Freshprince619

Default Re: Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Lakers (2-1) @ Thunder (1-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
Haha yea.

"OKC is one shy of Lakers opponent playoff record for free throws made (43 @ BOS on 6/12/84)."

I guess OKC just played the most aggressive game vs the Lakers in 20 years right?

Way to funny. David Stern says hi
Old 04-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #602
jstern
College star

Quote:
39 pts in gm 2 isn't good enough sally?

He was 12-28, when someone shoots a low FG percentage, I consider it a bad game. Wasn't horrible, but not a game I would brag about.
jstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:35 AM   #603
juju151111
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
yea that was the gm someone hit OKC coach on the head and made Green guard KB the whole 4gth. LOL oe good gm WOW I am so amazed.
juju151111 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:45 AM   #604
B-Easy
Local High School Star

Quote:

38fg% for the series isnt good enough.

And i saw Sefolosha double Gasol and leave Kobe open often in that 1st half.. and when Gasol would kick it out to Kobe ... Kobe wouldnt even shoot.

Just and odd approach to the game, its one thing to set up your teammates ....its another to just stand around at the 3pt line and not even make yourself a threat. I think he got offended by Phil Jacksons comments .. because i havent seen him play like this all season.
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:47 AM   #605
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy

And i saw Sefolosha double Gasol and leave Kobe open often in that 1st half.. and when Gasol would kick it out to Kobe ... Kobe wouldnt even shoot.

Just and odd approach to the game, its one thing to set up your teammates ....its another to just stand around at the 3pt line and not even make yourself a threat. I think he got offended by Phil Jacksons comments .. because i havent seen him play like this all season.

it was definitely interesting to watch. there were a couple of times he could have got his own shot and he just decided to pass.
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:50 AM   #606
AMISTILLILL
Banned

LOL @ people waiting for game 5 to decide if there is something "wrong" with the Lakers right now.

The excuses and blame shifting continue.
AMISTILLILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #607
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
LOL @ people waiting for game 5 to decide if there is something "wrong" with the Lakers right now.

The excuses and blame shifting continue.

you have to at this point. this team has a history of not playing to their potential until their backs are against the wall. this current team has a lot of things that could potentially hurt their chances to repeat. what i want to know is if they'll be able to overcome their injuries, so-so effort in the regular season, and their shitty team chemistry and win another championship. i'm looking at you kobe bryant. if he struggles in game 5, the lakers are done. we'll know where the lakers stand with his performance and more importantly his mentality.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #608
Derka

I'm watching the ESPN.com replay and I've done everything in my power to avoid seeing the score cos I want to actually watch this thing.

I have to comment on something...this OKC crowd. Wow. They behave like a college bball audience...LOVING the white t-shirts all around the arena, loving their enthusiasm. You might think these people have had a pro team there for years. Love it. Another reason to love playoff basketball right there.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:01 AM   #609
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derka
I'm watching the ESPN.com replay and I've done everything in my power to avoid seeing the score cos I want to actually watch this thing.

I have to comment on something...this OKC crowd. Wow. They behave like a college bball audience...LOVING the white t-shirts all around the arena, loving their enthusiasm. You might think these people have had a pro team there for years. Love it. Another reason to love playoff basketball right there.

i'm biased so it's hard to say... you're probably biased too since you're a celtics fan, but i'm sure your bias will be less than mine. answer me this, do you think the thunder crowd influenced the refs? the officials always favor the utah jazz because those guys are crazy down there. the thunder crowd is definitely louder and more energized.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:11 AM   #610
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

I don't think there's any reason to freak out yet. If L.A. wins game 5 then they will be right back in control. This is very similar to Lakers /Rockets from last year.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #611
puppychili
#3 Laker Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
i'm biased so it's hard to say... you're probably biased too since you're a celtics fan, but i'm sure your bias will be less than mine. answer me this, do you think the thunder crowd influenced the refs? the officials always favor the utah jazz because those guys are crazy down there. the thunder crowd is definitely louder and more energized.

Phil pretty much called out the L.A. fans for game 5, saying that they need to match the Thunder fans energy.

Did the Thunder fans influence the refs? Absolutely. Thats what a great home crowd is supposed to do. But thats not why the Lakers lost by 21.
puppychili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #612
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili
I don't think there's any reason to freak out yet. If L.A. wins game 5 then they will be right back in control. This is very similar to Lakers /Rockets from last year.

not really. the lakers noticeably outplayed the rockets in that series and they only lost because they decided to sleepwalk through the games after taking series leads.

this series reminds me of the pacers/nets. a very good team that's not at the peak of their game and another team that's extremely athletic a tough matchup.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:25 AM   #613
Doranku
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili

No. I don't think anyone really had the feeling that that undermanned Rockets team had a chance at winning the series. These Thunder have arguably a top 3 player in the league, a huge mismatch at the PG position, and one of the loudest crowds in the league supporting them. I don't know about other Laker fans, but I can actually see the Thunder taking this series in 6 if something doesn't change.
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #614
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doranku
No. I don't think anyone really had the feeling that that undermanned Rockets team had a chance at winning the series. These Thunder have arguably a top 3 player in the league, a huge mismatch at the PG position, and one of the loudest crowds in the league supporting them. I don't know about other Laker fans, but I can actually see the Thunder taking this series in 6 if something doesn't change.

it's just a bad matchup overall. i don't think the lakers are as bad as they looked tonight. they're simply not playing their best basketball and they've got a couple of guys who are banged up. i think they'll actually have an easier time when or if they play the jazz/nuggets next round.

the lakers have struggled with athletic teams all year and the thunder are at the top of the list. they've got the most athletic point guard in the league matched up against the worst defensive point guard in the league.

they've also got kevin durant, a hell of a scorer... as lakers fans we know what a dominant scorer in the playoffs can do to opposing teams even if the team is undermanned (see phoenix series).
Old 04-25-2010, 03:29 AM   #615
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy

I know which play you are talking about. The one in the first quarter, where Gasol was doubled on the left side of the paint and he kicked it back out to Kobe? Kobe drove into the lane and kicked it out to Gasol when the defense collapsed on him when Gasol jumped out for the open jumper. So he was just setting Gasol up. The game plan was for them to pound it into the paint, whether to the bigs or driving it and they did that for the majority of the game. It didn't work this time because Gasol and Bynum played with no fire or desire to finish the game and take a 3-1 lead. Kobe played like 8-10 minutes in the second-half. The game was a clear blow-out loss, so there was no point to going back into the game. Might as well rest him up for game 5 and hopefully he can come in loose and have a good performance. I think this was blown out of proportion. Kobe typically comes into games with one of two mindstates; 1) Distribute and get everybody going in the first-half and take over the second or 2) come on aggressive (particularly after a loss) to assert himself. In '08, he was doing more of 1. Last year, more of 2. This year, more of 2, but I think Phil has tried to enforce the mind-set of number 2 lately. Kobe just didn't really get too much of a chance in the second-half since it was already a blow-out and he didn't play at all in the 4th.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: