Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 04-25-2010, 02:29 AM   #616
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Round 1, Game 4, April 24: Lakers (2-1) @ Thunder (1-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili
Phil pretty much called out the L.A. fans for game 5, saying that they need to match the Thunder fans energy.

Did the Thunder fans influence the refs? Absolutely. Thats what a great home crowd is supposed to do. But thats not why the Lakers lost by 21.
Maybe...Or the crowds can help them miss more freethrows (more pressure and anxiety) especially chanting "MVP" when Kobe and many others have not nailing freethrows since the last quarter of the regular season.

Last edited by kobesabi : 04-25-2010 at 02:45 AM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:04 AM   #617
B-Easy
Local High School Star

B-Easy has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juges8932
I know which play you are talking about. The one in the first quarter, where Gasol was doubled on the left side of the paint and he kicked it back out to Kobe? Kobe drove into the lane and kicked it out to Gasol when the defense collapsed on him when Gasol jumped out for the open jumper. So he was just setting Gasol up. The game plan was for them to pound it into the paint, whether to the bigs or driving it and they did that for the majority of the game. It didn't work this time because Gasol and Bynum played with no fire or desire to finish the game and take a 3-1 lead. Kobe played like 8-10 minutes in the second-half. The game was a clear blow-out loss, so there was no point to going back into the game. Might as well rest him up for game 5 and hopefully he can come in loose and have a good performance. I think this was blown out of proportion. Kobe typically comes into games with one of two mindstates; 1) Distribute and get everybody going in the first-half and take over the second or 2) come on aggressive (particularly after a loss) to assert himself. In '08, he was doing more of 1. Last year, more of 2. This year, more of 2, but I think Phil has tried to enforce the mind-set of number 2 lately. Kobe just didn't really get too much of a chance in the second-half since it was already a blow-out and he didn't play at all in the 4th.

i dont think it should about deciding to pound it in .. or Kobe just deciding to take over and start shooting.

It should be about what the defense gives you.

If Kobe is gonna get covered 1 on 1 and his man is gonna help off of him...then hes bailing out the Thunder defense by not being aggressive.
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #618
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy
i dont think it should about deciding to pound it in .. or Kobe just deciding to take over and start shooting.

It should be about what the defense gives you.

If Kobe is gonna get covered 1 on 1 and his man is gonna help off of him...then hes bailing out the Thunder defense by not being aggressive.

I agree, but they went into the game with the idea of wanting to be more assertive on the inside and establishing the presence in the paint from the get-go and got a little too sucked into that philosophy solely.

But my point is Kobe was aggressive. He drove into the paint several times and either drove it home or kicked it out to the open man when the defense collapsed on him. Now, maybe he wasn't AS aggressive as usual, but he was asked to take a diminished role in his shooting aggressiveness.

Not saying you, but people in general complain too damn much about Kobe. He either shoots too much or not enough.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:16 AM   #619
B-Easy
Local High School Star

B-Easy has not been impressing people

ill agree with that ... he did have a couple nice assists in the 1st quarter, not blaming him or anything, the whole Lakers team came out flat.

But i think it should be more of a middle ground. For example last game it was 30 shots and today was very little. I expect the Lakers to run the Thunder out of the building in Game 5.
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:28 AM   #620
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy
ill agree with that ... he did have a couple nice assists in the 1st quarter, not blaming him or anything, the whole Lakers team came out flat.

But i think it should be more of a middle ground. For example last game it was 30 shots and today was very little. I expect the Lakers to run the Thunder out of the building in Game 5.

Hopefully that's the case. I pray a fire gets lit under their asses. Particularly with Bynum and Gasol. Yeah, I hope they can find a nice blend with their inside-outside game. Maybe 20 shots for Kobe and he can take the majority in the second-half while playing facilitator in the first.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:20 AM   #621
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychili
Phil pretty much called out the L.A. fans for game 5, saying that they need to match the Thunder fans energy.

Did the Thunder fans influence the refs? Absolutely. Thats what a great home crowd is supposed to do. But thats not why the Lakers lost by 21.

Well no... but they did shoot 48 FT's... that is not supposed to happen. The Thunder definitely deserved to win the last couple of games, but the officiating was heavily favored their way. Luckily the Lakers have Home Court. They are really going to need it.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:25 AM   #622
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Didn't see the game, but to those who did: did Kobe sabotage the game by not shooting a lot intentionally? I see that he attempted just 10 FG's, after being roundly criticized in the media and by PJax for shooting too much/shooting inefficiently. Kobe has a history of pouting and "trying to prove a point" after being criticized by purposely not shooting a lot. Was that the case tonight?
OldSchoolBBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:35 AM   #623
Freshprince619

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSchoolBBall
Didn't see the game, but to those who did: did Kobe sabotage the game by not shooting a lot intentionally? I see that he attempted just 10 FG's, after being roundly criticized in the media and by PJax for shooting too much/shooting inefficiently. Kobe has a history of pouting and "trying to prove a point" after being criticized by purposely not shooting a lot. Was that the case tonight?
Lol how is that sabotaging??
Old 04-25-2010, 04:37 AM   #624
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:

I don't think he did, he was getting it into Gasol and Bynum perfectly for the start of the game but every time LA scored in the first half or 1.5 quarters when the game was still within reach, okc would shoot free throws (I'm not kidding) and it caught up because okc was like 18/18 from the line at that point. Then in start of the 2nd half if I remember correctly Kobe tried a few shots and they didn't go down, more okc free throws and ibaka making every shot and the game just got away.

Summary: he gave the ball inside like "basketball experts" said they should and the lakers got worked. It was too late when the game plan was officially not working.
RazorBaLade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:38 AM   #625
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

I firmly believe LA is the better team and thebetter teamwill win in a series.

I see LA wrapping it up in 6. They will win that game 5 and take em out in 6.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:38 AM   #626
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Go Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation hereGo Getter has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond007
Bench PRODUCTIVITY..big difference to being so called "stacked" pls look at bench stats and get back to me. remove odom (inconsistent btw) and their bench is rubish

Hey, you guys are paying Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Bynum....you can't have a stacked team and then complain that your bench is thin.....wtf?

Odom, Farmar, Brown, Walton and Co. aren't THAT bad, but you have to know that with stacking your team comes a few disadvantages.....one of which being that you won't have $$$ to spend on a deep bench.

Cry me a river
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #627
RazorBaLade
Banned

RazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this boardRazorBaLade is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Hey, you guys are paying Kobe, Gasol, Artest, and Bynum....you can't have a stacked team and then complain that your bench is thin.....wtf?

Odom, Farmar, Brown, Walton and Co. aren't THAT bad, but you have to know that with stacking your team comes a few disadvantages.....one of which being that you won't have $$$ to spend on a deep bench.

Cry me a river

Cavs are paying Lebron, Jamison, Shaq and Mo Williams but they still have a great bench. Orl is paying Howard, Carter, Jameer and their backup center I forgot his name has a similar contract to lamar (10 m?) so overall they are also paid and have a great bench.

farmar and brown duo in the lakers system is probably the worse 7th and 8th guy in the east, if not the whole playoffs.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #628
OldSchoolBBall
NBA rookie of the year

OldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation hereOldSchoolBBall has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshprince619
Lol how is that sabotaging??

To prove a point. He's done it a few times in the past, and it's well known. People say he should shoot less and he pouts and tries to prove a point by purposely shooting VERY few times, as if to show people "see, they can't win when I don't shoot a lot." This is all well known; don't act like it's never happened. I'm asking if that's what happened tonight or if it was something else like the defense etc.
OldSchoolBBall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:50 AM   #629
RazorBaLade
Banned

Quote:
To prove a point. He's done it a few times in the past, and it's well known. People say he should shoot less and he pouts and tries to prove a point by purposely shooting VERY few times, as if to show people "see, they can't win when I don't shoot a lot." This is all well known; don't act like it's never happened. I'm asking if that's what happened tonight or if it was something else like the defense etc.

it happened 1 time against sac. The 7th game vs phx was NOT trying to prove a point after getting criticism.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:53 AM   #630
Freshprince619

Quote:
Yeah i understand what your saying. He was trying to make a statement. That is far from sabotaging. Sabotage is doing ish purposely to make your team lose.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: