Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 11-10-2006, 12:25 AM   #1
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation
Default Philadelphia vs Denver (11/10/06)

We MUST hit the glass, they have a very front-heavy team. No Kenyon Martin, but they still got Camby, Reggie Evans, Joe Smith, Eduardo Najera, Linas Kleiza. Sammy, Hunter, and Webber must continue their shot blocking and rebounding and stay out of foul trouble. Iggy must contain carmelo, and our other wing needs to make sure J.R. Smith isnt open because he's their only shooter. Gotta get back in the win column.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:54 AM   #2
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

tough game. will need a big contribution on the glass from our frontcourt as pointed. make sure JR isn't left open for threes, and put pressure on melo. gotta score sixers!

on a side note, webber seems to hate Najera guarding him.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:11 AM   #3
the big stick
I airball my layups

the big stick has no real reputation yet.
Thumbs up

Difficult game yes for the Sixers as pointed out by sixersfan. I like our chances better against Denver than IND or TOR. The reasons are as follows. Number one, Denver has 1 shooter in JR Smith and as we know running around after Iverson, is not easy.
I think he will be in foul trouble throughout the game. Two, Anthony is the featured player but I think it's more important to keep Miller from setting him up. If Miller can create for Anthony and himself we are in for a long game.
Last, once again Sammy has to stay out of foul trouble. Camby is a monster down low I see Hunter and Sammy playing a lot against them C Webb may share minutes.
Keys to the game very simple, we can not win a track and field match against Denver. They are younger and more athletic the sixers will need to grab offensive boards and press Andre Miller. Furthermore, Iggy, C Webb, Hunter and Sammy all have to stay out of foul trouble. I will also look for a big game from Carney (The Wild card).
Go get-em Sixers!!
Final Score, 113-110 Sixers Win.
the big stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:18 PM   #4
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

iggy needs to do a good job on d against carmelo and sammy and hunter have to do a good job to nuetralize camby all three need to stay in the game and out of foul trouble and we need to set the pace
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

yes, go sixers! make those nuggets lose their first 4 games! it wil be great! this is a pretty bad start for denver, wow. i expected them to at least win one game by now, but i guess not. it will be four in a row once you guys beat them tonight.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 06:22 PM   #6
6erhooper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

6erhooper has an OK reputation so far

It is amazing, we have won some games while getting crushed on the boards and then Sammy gets a bunch of boards and we lose in the end...good game though. In general, if Sammy and our bigs get rebounds, esp. control the defensive boards.....we have a better shot at winning most games. I am looking at the intensity and effort on defense in general...if we get disheartened and let up on the effort....we will lose games and be more like the team of last year. I am still waiting to see the defense result in some easy baskets...we seem kind of reluctant to push the ball when we get a rebound or a turnover.
6erhooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #7
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sammy had a hell of a game vs toronto, but the best play was the steal he made playing the passing lanes, took it 3 quarter court and made an and 1 finger roll. That was tight.
Old 11-10-2006, 09:04 PM   #8
6erhooper

Korver just caught fire...but this team is starting to look like they can't get stops on the defensive end at all. KK does have maybe the quickest release in the league right now. ohhh man bad call on Iggy...he needs room to come down and take one step!!!
Old 11-10-2006, 09:12 PM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

well we are exactly even on the boards so far, shooting 54% compared to their 46%. We have 1 more assist, 4 more fts made on 7 more attempts. But the 1 reason why we are losing is because we have 17 turnovers. That is 4 more than we average for a game, A GAME! They have 2 more 3s, and 3 more made fgs because of the turnovers. When a team gets 15 more shot attempts than u ur chances arent that good, but we are only down 4 so that is a very encouraging sign for us, and discouraging for the nuggets. Sammy is hitting the j, iguodala has good numbers across the board, webber's playin well. Ollie is playing a good floor game, korver hitting the mid range shots, and willie has made a couple baskets. A terrible half by ai, and the turnovers, only down 4. I like our chances
Old 11-10-2006, 09:53 PM   #10
6erhooper

defensive rebounds....
Old 11-10-2006, 10:38 PM   #11
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

we made a good comeback too, down by 11 with under 2 minutes to go, and willie got the 3 shot and missed it. We still have a chance, but carmelo *uckin anthony gets a foul. We played tough, but if u turn over the ball 21 times thats not gonna help. Korver, webber, sammy, ollie all played well. Iggy didnt score that much, but had a great all around game. Willie scored but didnt have the percentages. i dont kno, another tough loss. We need to regroup on these 4 days off before the west road trip. Got seattle wednesday, phoenix friday, and clippers saturday.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:01 AM   #12
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Is it me or is this the first time Denver has ever played in Philly?...lol
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: