Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 04-30-2010, 11:19 AM   #16
dak121
College superstar

Default Re: Omer Asik Thread

Bagashit 2.0

Another Euro stiff drafted by Paxson.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 PM   #17
la bomba
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Getter
Dude you're a joke.

Dirk starts.

Tony Parker starts.

Luol Deng starts.

Yao starts.

Gasol (X2) starts.

Bogut starts.

Gallo started as a rookie.

What about Manute Bol? Detlef Shrempf? Sabonis? Kukoc?

And many foreign guards have had the chance to start and then stink it up.

Again, you're ridiculous and you are not going to make me angry with your trolling/absurd posts, good day.

If Asik is/was a better Center than Noahthey'd move Noah to PF.....the NBA is driven by money and winning...not prejudice towards foreigners.
bogut,bol arent european players . I agree that if you are good you play. but it is true that some european players are not used to their full potential and spanoulis and macijauskas are 2 good examples as is rudy fernandez,navarro etc.
la bomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:17 PM   #18
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by la bomba
bogut,bol arent european players . I agree that if you are good you play. but it is true that some european players are not used to their full potential and spanoulis and macijauskas are 2 good examples as is rudy fernandez,navarro etc.

Navarro sucked/sucks....so did that one guy that I liked in the Olympics that played for Indiana [he got a shot but was much too slow to guard].

And if Spanoulis and Macijauskas performed they would have gotten a shot too.

My point was that the NBA is open to foreigners.

Russians, Croatians, Africans, Australians, whoever....

Rudy Fernandez is a SG behind a much better SG in Brandon Roy...and he's not that much better than Bayless or Webster....
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:24 PM   #19
b.jerk
High School JV MVP

I stopped listening to euroleague rumors from the nba league officers after the Messina was going to leave CSKA to be Mike Brown's underling at Cleveland rumor. Moscow is one of the great cities of the world and Cleveland is Cleveland. It's 2010 and people from all over the world have a yearning to live in Moscow. Almost all Clevelanders like L***** **m** on the other hand have a yearning to leave Cleveland. Chicago is little different, it's one of the great cities of the world but there are great teams from great cities in the euroleague too. I can understand why players are shying away from the nba if they lose 70% of their salary to agents, taxes, league fees, hostile work environment, and a controlling commissioner in David Stern. The nba is such an unstable entity that there might not even be a nba season next year.
b.jerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #20
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Navarro sucked/sucks....so did that one guy that I liked in the Olympics that played for Indiana [he got a shot but was much too slow to guard].

And if Spanoulis and Macijauskas performed they would have gotten a shot too.

My point was that the NBA is open to foreigners.

Russians, Croatians, Africans, Australians, whoever....

Rudy Fernandez is a SG behind a much better SG in Brandon Roy...and he's not that much better than Bayless or Webster....

You are full of it. Macas was better than any SG the Hornets had and did not play. Spanoulis is an elite level NBA point guard in talent and way better than any point guard the Rockets had and he did not play.

Navarro is much better than Rudy Fernandez and could easily start or be the 6th man on ANY team in the NBA.

There is a very clear bias against some European players by some US coaches.
Lakas Fan Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:36 AM   #21
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
You are full of it. Macas was better than any SG the Hornets had and did not play. Spanoulis is an elite level NBA point guard in talent and way better than any point guard the Rockets had and he did not play.

Navarro is much better than Rudy Fernandez and could easily start or be the 6th man on ANY team in the NBA.

There is a very clear bias against some European players by some US coaches.

Or, those players weren't talented enough and didn't have what it takes to be in the NBA.

Navarro plays point and Rudy plays the 2.

I listed various Euro/foreign players that have succeeded in the NBA.

The good ones start and produce.

Looks like Gallo [in NYC] is going to be a fixture in the league and for good reason he can fill it up and is pretty tough also from what I've seen.

You gotta get rid of that hate you have man it's unhealthy.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #22
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Or, those players weren't talented enough and didn't have what it takes to be in the NBA.

Navarro plays point and Rudy plays the 2.

I listed various Euro/foreign players that have succeeded in the NBA.

The good ones start and produce.

Looks like Gallo [in NYC] is going to be a fixture in the league and for good reason he can fill it up and is pretty tough also from what I've seen.

You gotta get rid of that hate you have man it's unhealthy.

You are either an idiot or a racist.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:54 PM   #23
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
You are either an idiot or a racist.

Actually I am very well educated and love people of all races and nationalities.

I pointed out SEVERAL european players that start and that have had the chance to play and didn't quite cut the mustard.

You my friend could not rebut with a suitable answer or excuse so you resorted to name calling as normal....[just like in your FIBA thread wherre you made wild accusations then never backed them up with credible sources*]

Pity...
Old 05-04-2010, 02:50 AM   #24
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Actually I am very well educated and love people of all races and nationalities.

I pointed out SEVERAL european players that start and that have had the chance to play and didn't quite cut the mustard.

You my friend could not rebut with a suitable answer or excuse so you resorted to name calling as normal....[just like in your FIBA thread wherre you made wild accusations then never backed them up with credible sources*]

Pity...

You are an idiot then. You clearly don't have the slightest clue about basketball.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 AM   #25
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
You are an idiot then. You clearly don't have the slightest clue about basketball.

Your feelings are reciprocated.

Spanolous or whatever [I think he got a chance to play PG for the Pacers]-- sucked.

Navarro sucked.

If they were good the Grizz and Pacers would have kept them.

Don't be butt hhurt that your favorite players can't hack in the big boys league.

The NBA softened up the game for Euros to be able to come over and have a bigger impact and to put more of a euro style of play into effect.

I have proof [Dirk, Gallo, Gasol (2), TP, Roddy B.] of euro players getting their fair shake in the league.

All you have is emotional [and childish] rants.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:57 PM   #26
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Your feelings are reciprocated.

Spanolous or whatever [I think he got a chance to play PG for the Pacers]-- sucked.

Navarro sucked.

If they were good the Grizz and Pacers would have kept them.

Don't be butt hhurt that your favorite players can't hack in the big boys league.

The NBA softened up the game for Euros to be able to come over and have a bigger impact and to put more of a euro style of play into effect.

I have proof [Dirk, Gallo, Gasol (2), TP, Roddy B.] of euro players getting their fair shake in the league.

All you have is emotional [and childish] rants.

You are an idiot. It's just a fact.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:33 PM   #27
ljsbb27
Local High School Star

Quote:
You are an idiot. It's just a fact.

And your responses don't help your cause.

You can't even justify your position on the issue at hand.

Each response you post makes the person your arguing with more and more right.

Either come up with logical and fact based explanations for your side of the debate or just stop posting.
ljsbb27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 08:19 PM   #28
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsbb27
And your responses don't help your cause.

You can't even justify your position on the issue at hand.

Each response you post makes the person your arguing with more and more right.

Either come up with logical and fact based explanations for your side of the debate or just stop posting.

The guy is a complete moron and a total jack ass. I have no reason to waste my time with such small minded jerks as him.

As to you, don't give me that complete nonsense. Everything he posted was FACTUALLY wrong. So if you knew what the hell you were talking about, you would be telling it to him.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:43 PM   #29
Go Getter
Wild 100's

Quote:
The guy is a complete moron and a total jack ass. I have no reason to waste my time with such small minded jerks as him.

As to you, don't give me that complete nonsense. Everything he posted was FACTUALLY wrong. So if you knew what the hell you were talking about, you would be telling it to him.

I'm starting to think that you have something personal against me or that you're just a very unhappy person.

I stated facts.

Fact is there are many Euro players thriving in the NBA.

The ones that don't make it are the ones who can't cut it or choose to go elsewhere.

If there IS bias it isn't a big enough phenomenon to say that the NBA is against euro players because the league has changed rules to be euro friendly and every year there are more and more foreign players.

Players like Darko and Bargnani were drafted very high very recently I wonder why you don't acknoledge the plethora of Euro players/foreign players that DO get a shot.

Didn't your boy Spanolous [sp] play for the Pacers? oMG HE WAS TERRIBLE man and I htought he'd be good looking at what he did in the olympics.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:10 AM   #30
Lakas Fan Yo
Banned

Quote:
I'm starting to think that you have something personal against me or that you're just a very unhappy person.

I stated facts.

Fact is there are many Euro players thriving in the NBA.

The ones that don't make it are the ones who can't cut it or choose to go elsewhere.

If there IS bias it isn't a big enough phenomenon to say that the NBA is against euro players because the league has changed rules to be euro friendly and every year there are more and more foreign players.

Players like Darko and Bargnani were drafted very high very recently I wonder why you don't acknoledge the plethora of Euro players/foreign players that DO get a shot.

Didn't your boy Spanolous [sp] play for the Pacers? oMG HE WAS TERRIBLE man and I htought he'd be good looking at what he did in the olympics.

Fact is you are an ignorant moron and you are arrogant about it.

You don't even know what you are even talking about and you are completely wrong and yet you brag about it. You are the definition of ugly American.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: