Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-08-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Al Jefferson to Houston?

Here's a scenario that I have been playing with in my head...

Its with Minnesota and Al Jefferson. Its known that minny is willing to part with him and al doesn't fit the minny offense. all i know is when healthy and in the right system this guy is a beast. post offense, post defense, rebounding, he can create his offense 15 feet and in. Morey might be able to do his magic...

Scenario 1:

Minny drafts Demarcus Cousinz making Al Jefferson expendable (this is all assuming minny is interested in cousinz by the way, which i have a gut feeling they would be...makes a lot of sense). Houston could jump at the trade and could possibly trade ariza and it would probably have to involve jordan hill and/or 1st round picks

would you guys do it?

Scenario 2:

Houston ends up with high in the lottery in the position to possibly draft demarcus cousinz or whatever minny is interested in, in which case a trade could go down.

keep cousins/or whatever player or trade for al?

Positive: Al Jefferson is a beast and I believe he is in the same caliber as that of an Amare or Bosh. As a matter of fact he can be a defensive anchor which amare and bosh are not capable of doing. He has enough offense to be mentioned in the same breath as that of bosh and amare. His contract is already set for the next 3-4 years which means its not a "max deal" situation. He can play power forward alongside Yao and he also gives us a security blanket at center because hey let's face it, we do not know Yao's future.

Negative: He was not so amazing last season averaged 17ppg and 9rpg, but playing in adelmans offense should bring him back to his 23ppg 11rpg 1.7bpg type performance (which he did in 08-09). If this trade goes down we may have to part ways with Jordan Hill and/or possibly rookies that could be players with the likes of demarcus cousinz... would it be worth it?

thoughts?
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:10 PM   #2
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Houston?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
Here's a scenario that I have been playing with in my head...

Its with Minnesota and Al Jefferson. Its known that minny is willing to part with him and al doesn't fit the minny offense. all i know is when healthy and in the right system this guy is a beast. post offense, post defense, rebounding, he can create his offense 15 feet and in. Morey might be able to do his magic...

Scenario 1:

Minny drafts Demarcus Cousinz making Al Jefferson expendable (this is all assuming minny is interested in cousinz by the way, which i have a gut feeling they would be...makes a lot of sense). Houston could jump at the trade and could possibly trade ariza and it would probably have to involve jordan hill and/or 1st round picks

would you guys do it?

Scenario 2:

Houston ends up with high in the lottery in the position to possibly draft demarcus cousinz or whatever minny is interested in, in which case a trade could go down.

keep cousins/or whatever player or trade for al?

Positive: Al Jefferson is a beast and I believe he is in the same caliber as that of an Amare or Bosh. As a matter of fact he can be a defensive anchor which amare and bosh are not capable of doing. He has enough offense to be mentioned in the same breath as that of bosh and amare. His contract is already set for the next 3-4 years which means its not a "max deal" situation. He can play power forward alongside Yao and he also gives us a security blanket at center because hey let's face it, we do not know Yao's future.

Negative: He was not so amazing last season averaged 17ppg and 9rpg, but playing in adelmans offense should bring him back to his 23ppg 11rpg 1.7bpg type performance (which he did in 08-09). If this trade goes down we may have to part ways with Jordan Hill and/or possibly rookies that could be players with the likes of demarcus cousinz... would it be worth it?

thoughts?

I think this would be WELL worth it depending on what you said about what exactly the rockets would have to include.... Hill is expandable, but i would love to hang onto that knicks pick.... (i really htink they are going to strike out this summer and have to settle for david lee and joe johnson for their two big pickups)

I really think that jefferson is a stud, and liek you said would be perfect for a pf/c role.....

i also think that yao is gonna be held back with minutes so it would be nice to get someone that can compfortably play the pf and c positions.

all in all i like the trade.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 06:22 PM   #3
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Al Jefferson to Houston?

Well let me revisit this topic.

Minny currently has the #4 pick of the draft. Consensus say that Wall goes 1, Turner goes 2, and Favors 3. But what surprises me is that multiple mock drafts expect minny to pass on cousins and expect cousins to drop anywhere from maybe 5-7.

If minny doesn't fall in love with cousins like many early teams may not, then the move wouldn't make sense since they do have 2 solid players in Al and Love. So many believes Wesley Johnson (shawn marion comparisons) will be the #4 pick. which also means so much for my sceneario

... but you never know, its still the playoffs and anything could happen from now til the draft. Whatever happens i trust in the rockets org.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: