Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #16
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: More big names join unrestricted free agency

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

How are they being stupid? Being aggressive filling holes?

You know its not going to work because.... You sound jealous right now.

Although they have made a splash but they have addressed all the issues that caused them not to get to the Superbowl.

Nope. Not jealous. But sometimes teams overthink things, they do TOO much. That IS possible, you realize that? Write a post not using green for once (meaning, take off your homer glasses) and realize that just b/c another fan voices his opinion doesn't mean he's hating just to hate. They are doing waaaay too much. They'll have way too many expectations. Their QB will be in ONLY his SECOND season, and he wasn't that jaw-dropping last year either.

I guarantee, the Jets will have plenty of struggles during the regular season, and I promise you that they won't make it back to the AFCCG. They totally changed their core group and added in a number of "characters."

IMO, they've just been going a little overboard. It IS possible to have too much.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:53 PM   #17
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Nope. Not jealous. But sometimes teams overthink things, they do TOO much. That IS possible, you realize that? Write a post not using green for once (meaning, take off your homer glasses) and realize that just b/c another fan voices his opinion doesn't mean he's hating just to hate. They are doing waaaay too much. They'll have way too many expectations. Their QB will be in ONLY his SECOND season, and he wasn't that jaw-dropping last year either.

I guarantee, the Jets will have plenty of struggles during the regular season, and I promise you that they won't make it back to the AFCCG. They totally changed their core group and added in a number of "characters."

IMO, they've just been going a little overboard. It IS possible to have too much.
How can we have too much? Where is the too much? The Jets had Revis last season at corner and we had no other decent corner so we get Cromagnum who is in a contract year with money as motivation. He most likely wouldnt get resigned so we drafted a great corner.

The Jets had no pass rush from the front 7 without blitzing so we get Jason Taylor where is the too much...

All other moves were based on SAVING MONEY where is the too much?

The way you wrote your statement and your obvious lack of Jet knowledge only could lead me to believe you are just Jealous(envy over green) is it because the Glaciers are making that team into the Pirates of football?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 PM   #18
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
is it because the Glaciers are making that team into the Pirates of football?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #19
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board

Quote:
How can we have too much? Where is the too much? The Jets had Revis last season at corner and we had no other decent corner so we get Cromagnum who is in a contract year with money as motivation. He most likely wouldnt get resigned so we drafted a great corner.

The Jets had no pass rush from the front 7 without blitzing so we get Jason Taylor where is the too much...

All other moves were based on SAVING MONEY where is the too much?

The way you wrote your statement and your obvious lack of Jet knowledge only could lead me to believe you are just Jealous(envy over green) is it because the Glaciers are making that team into the Pirates of football?

Again, YOU'RE the one getting worked up over someone else's opinion. its just that...an opinion. Why get so worked up over it?

I'm done trying to make my point to this blatant homer. Not worth the time.

Edit: And wtf does that even mean? "Glaciers (its Glazers)...into the pirates of football" WTF does that even mean? "Pirates of football" lol. Enlighten me...I'm up for a good laugh before I head off to work.
Old 04-27-2010, 07:11 PM   #20
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected posterRameek is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Again, YOU'RE the one getting worked up over someone else's opinion. its just that...an opinion. Why get so worked up over it?

I'm done trying to make my point to this blatant homer. Not worth the time.

Edit: And wtf does that even mean? "Glaciers (its Glazers)...into the pirates of football" WTF does that even mean? "Pirates of football" lol. Enlighten me...I'm up for a good laugh before I head off to work.
so you make a blanket statement with no basis of support or rationale just under the guise of "its my opinion" I am challenging you to support your opinion....

If I came here and said your are a dumb idiot and left it that... it is my opinion. Wouldnt you want me to support that claim? I would imagine so.

If you just throw out an opinion like that you sound like a jealous fan.

I know who your owners are and i was having fun with there name.... The Pirates have no money or are really cheap so they cant field a competitive MLB team.

In regards to being a homer I am far from a homer when it comes to my teams. If you ever read anything I have written about the Knicks Jets Yankees its far from homerism.

this is not personal :
Old 04-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #21
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
so you make a blanket statement with no basis of support or rationale just under the guise of "its my opinion" I am challenging you to support your opinion....

If I came here and said your are a dumb idiot and left it that... it is my opinion. Wouldnt you want me to support that claim? I would imagine so.

If you just throw out an opinion like that you sound like a jealous fan.

I know who your owners are and i was having fun with there name.... The Pirates have no money or are really cheap so they cant field a competitive MLB team.

In regards to being a homer I am far from a homer when it comes to my teams. If you ever read anything I have written about the Knicks Jets Yankees its far from homerism.

this is not personal :

Ohhhhh, the Pittsburgh Pirates. My bad. I totally did not connect the dots on that one lol. My fail. Yeah, I can see that potentally happening, but they are committed to building through the draft with a couple of FA signings here and there.

In regards to my not naming the Jets Super Bowl bound for 2010, I just think they messed with what they had. I'm not "jets expert." I just think they may have added too much, and I'm not the only one. There's plenty of people who aren't hot about their moves.

Before I make a couple of points, I understand some moves were for a money standpoint, but regardless;

-Letting go of Thomas Jones and signing LT? That's gonna be a huge mistake IMO. LT is washed up and TJ is coming off his best season.
-Cromartie hasn't done anything positive since his Pro Bowl season a couple years ago, and he's a douche off the field.
-Holmes will miss the first quarter of the season, & he'll only be there for 12 games. He's a FA and will most likely be lost via FA. And its not like he's a top WR either.
-I wasn't a huge fan of their draft. I know they drafted with a BPA mentality and that's a great way to go, but I don't get a couple of their selections.
-Sanchez is still a young QB and wasn't even solid last year. He made a few splash plays, but he also LOST the Jets a couple of games. He must make a HUGE improvement if the Jets wanna talk about a Super Bowl bid.

I'm not saying the Jets won't make the playoffs, b/c with that much talent, there's no way they miss them. BUT, I think they're setting themselves up this single season for a huge run, and I don't see it ending the way a lot of people think.

Sorry to misunderstand you earlier though.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:28 PM   #22
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Faneca to the Cardinals
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:28 PM   #23
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Ohhhhh, the Pittsburgh Pirates. My bad. I totally did not connect the dots on that one lol. My fail. Yeah, I can see that potentally happening, but they are committed to building through the draft with a couple of FA signings here and there.

In regards to my not naming the Jets Super Bowl bound for 2010, I just think they messed with what they had. I'm not "jets expert." I just think they may have added too much, and I'm not the only one. There's plenty of people who aren't hot about their moves.

Before I make a couple of points, I understand some moves were for a money standpoint, but regardless;

-Letting go of Thomas Jones and signing LT? That's gonna be a huge mistake IMO. LT is washed up and TJ is coming off his best season.
-Cromartie hasn't done anything positive since his Pro Bowl season a couple years ago, and he's a douche off the field.
-Holmes will miss the first quarter of the season, & he'll only be there for 12 games. He's a FA and will most likely be lost via FA. And its not like he's a top WR either.
-I wasn't a huge fan of their draft. I know they drafted with a BPA mentality and that's a great way to go, but I don't get a couple of their selections.
-Sanchez is still a young QB and wasn't even solid last year. He made a few splash plays, but he also LOST the Jets a couple of games. He must make a HUGE improvement if the Jets wanna talk about a Super Bowl bid.

I'm not saying the Jets won't make the playoffs, b/c with that much talent, there's no way they miss them. BUT, I think they're setting themselves up this single season for a huge run, and I don't see it ending the way a lot of people think.

Sorry to misunderstand you earlier though.
i didnt like the TJ for LT thing... As a locker room leader it would have not sat well with his team mates and it could have been divisive in the club house. I hope LT is decent but he is a beast on the goal line.

Holmes and Cromagnum are both in contract years they better perform to get the money which may not come from the Jets. Holmes for 12 games is better than the regular receiving core we would have had for 16.

Faneca I understand was for the money but why not do this next year.

Sanchez lost more than a couple of games last year

you made some valid points and like i said i am not a homer because i kinda agree with those sentiments as well.

We have bridged the gap in our misunderstanding lol
Old 04-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #24
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
Faneca to the Cardinals
Only a 1 year/$2.5mm, wanted Indy to go get him but it would've been completely against their philosophy.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: