Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 04-27-2010, 12:40 AM   #1
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board
Default The biggest challenge of my life...

Ok guys as you all know I am freaking half a man right now with my damn knee... and I've used it as an excuse for the last time. I like to think I have a little integrity, so when I say this, I mean it. For the next 50 days, I will not be doing anything basketball related... I will not even allow myself to do dribbling drills because it tempts me to do other things. This is going to be the hardest next 50 days of my life probably... I mean imagine the one thing you couldn't live without... this is what I'm about to go through. This is honestly going to be like no sex/*********ing for 50 days... my desire to play basketball equals or surpasses those desires. I have to get better tho... cus this knee is slowly wilting away (it feels like) and I will never be able to give it my all with it ailed like this. I must get it healed... and by doing nothing basketball related for the next 50 days, I am hoping the rest is going to do the trick.

Anyway, making this thread makes me feel more accountable... As someone who gives a lot of advice, I feel like a damn hypocrite when I don't even follow my own... So I must do this. I will be posting my progress as I go, and hopefully feeling better and better as I do. If I fail... I will delete my ISH account. It will be the last time you hear from me. I honestly really don't want that... So I will succeed.

Well... to healing. With the playoffs going on it's not going make my desires any less... there is going be a lot of but by God I will do it! Not sure if praying actually works... but please pray for me lol.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 12:56 AM   #2
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: The biggest challenge of my life...

You better get yourself a copy of NBA 2k10 if you dont have it.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:26 AM   #3
Marv_Albert
GUESS WHO'S BACK

Marv_Albert has an OK reputation so far

Good luck with the recovery bro... No doubts it will be a long hard 50 days, by the way just curious how you bust your knee anyway man?
Marv_Albert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #4
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Swaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this boardSwaggin916 is popular on this board

Quote:
You better get yourself a copy of NBA 2k10 if you dont have it.

For real right? I think I just might have too... It may be the only way to keep my sanity... or maybe it will just add to the agony haha.

Quote:
Good luck with the recovery bro... No doubts it will be a long hard 50 days, by the way just curious how you bust your knee anyway man?

thanks man... it happened for a couple reasons. I tore my hamstring stretching... and at the time I was doing vertical jump training and really improving. I was devastated I had to stop... so I came back too early with my hamstring still hurting and too much pressure was put on my knee. It had already been hurting slightly before that and that just made it a lot worse. That was 5 months ago. Since then it's gone away for the most part for a month at a time, and then I play basketball and it comes back. For the last 2 months it's been bad though and I keep messing up recovery cus I go too hard on it when it's starting to feel better. It's tendinitis (I think) ... same thing Kenyon Martin has. It took him over a month with some of the top care in the world... and he still isn't over it. You can tell... he just isn't the same player he was before. He missed 26 games due to it back in 05-06... so that kind of gives you an idea of how serious it is. It just takes time to heal... I just hope I haven't done any permanent damage. It may take longer than 50 days too... we'll see. 50 is my goal for right now tho.... if i can get to 50... then I can go longer if need be.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 04-27-2010 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-27-2010, 02:39 AM   #5
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

best spark one up bruh 50 days is a loooooong time
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

I don't smoke but honestly if it would help curb my enthusiasm for bball for a while... then I might just think about it lol. I'd honestly take some steroids if it would help my damn knee heal... I don't get addicted to substances and it would only be temporary...

I'd rather not spend the money though and I don't need those things.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:29 AM   #7
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
For real right? I think I just might have too... It may be the only way to keep my sanity... or maybe it will just add to the agony haha.

When I sprained my PCL in April 2007, I had to do something basketball related so I played 2K7 all the time. It was the only way I could get rid of the urge.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 11:36 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
When I sprained my PCL in April 2007, I had to do something basketball related so I played 2K7 all the time. It was the only way I could get rid of the urge.

Yea man I'm definitely thinking about it... unfortunately I'm about to have a huge bill for my car being fixed so I'm going to have to wait and see where my money is at. 60 bucks might be the difference lol.
Old 04-27-2010, 09:40 PM   #9
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

Lancerballer21 has an OK reputation so far

Damn Swaggin. I can hardly even go a week without playin bball. I would die if i had to go 50 days (7 weeks) without it. I mean right now i havnt played with other people in almost two weeks and i think im literally gonna explode. But i have a ton of schoolwork now so it kinda takes my mind off it.

Good Luck to you Swaggin and i hope your knee gets better than it was before.
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 09:55 PM   #10
Venom
Serious playground baller

Venom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat coolVenom is considered somewhat cool

Good luck. If it helps you feel any better, I'm going to have to spend the next 7 weeks with my head buried in my textbooks, so I'll barely have any time for basketball as well.

If I were you, I'd pick up a short-term hobby that'll keep your mind off of basketball for a while.
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 10:11 PM   #11
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Swaggin, are you doing anything to rehabilitate besides resting?

I used to have terrible knee problems. I remember a couple days limping to school... another day where I literally couldn't stand for awhile. The doctor helped me with some pretty simple stuff.
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerballer21
Damn Swaggin. I can hardly even go a week without playin bball. I would die if i had to go 50 days (7 weeks) without it. I mean right now i havnt played with other people in almost two weeks and i think im literally gonna explode. But i have a ton of schoolwork now so it kinda takes my mind off it.

Good Luck to you Swaggin and i hope your knee gets better than it was before.

Yea I feel okay right now because it's only been a day (a successful day tho ) but give it a few days and I'm going to be dying to play. I'd almost rather be injured than have schoolwork tho

Quote:
If I were you, I'd pick up a short-term hobby that'll keep your mind off of basketball for a while.

Yea man that is a great idea. I think I am going to back to making beats. I have kind of started back up recently but yea it's so time consuming when I get into it... 4 hours goes by like nothing and I have fun. I am going to be working more soon too so that is going to help.

Quote:
Swaggin, are you doing anything to rehabilitate besides resting?

I used to have terrible knee problems. I remember a couple days limping to school... another day where I literally couldn't stand for awhile. The doctor helped me with some pretty simple stuff.

What was the problem with your knee? I have a hard time standing in one place... I have to be moving around otherwise pain starts to set in. I'm glad to hear you once had problems though and overcome them... gives me hope ha. I will be doing some exercises though that have helped in the past... I assume they will work again. One thing I am not doing is taking painkillers... heard they really just prolong injuries. I knew they maked the pain, but I didn't know they could prolong the healing process. No thanks man I want to heal up ASAP.
Old 04-28-2010, 01:18 AM   #13
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
What was the problem with your knee? I have a hard time standing in one place... I have to be moving around otherwise pain starts to set in. I'm glad to hear you once had problems though and overcome them... gives me hope ha. I will be doing some exercises though that have helped in the past... I assume they will work again. One thing I am not doing is taking painkillers... heard they really just prolong injuries. I knew they maked the pain, but I didn't know they could prolong the healing process. No thanks man I want to heal up ASAP.

The doctor didn't really know... I had started running, like a bunch of miles a day out of the blue. After awhile it just broke down my knees. They would just be painful as hell, and make a really loud crunching noise whenever I moved them.

They still make a little noise if I put a lot of stress on them throughout a day, but not really painful. Basically what he had me do, and it worked was...

-Neoprene knee sleeve. I love the damn thing... keeps your knee super warm and can wear it whenever.
-Weight lifting. Yeah he said I needed to strengthen the muscles supporting my knee.
-Custom running shoes. I got like a $110 pair of running shoes at a running store, they watched me run/walk, and got me fitted with a shoe that fit my foot. I use these to train/run and they fit my foot perfectly to prevent knee problems.

Knees suck... hope you have some luck
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #14
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

I will check out the sleeve... I have brace thing but it has open spots and doesn't really keep my knee too warm.

Yea part of rehab is getting those muscles up to par again. I just have to be careful I don't push too hard... just light stuff.

Custom running shoes huh? Yea that might be a good idea... can't really afford them at the moment but in a couple weeks maybe.

Thanks for the advice Kumo... and yea that's weird I wonder what it was that was wrong with your knee... oh well you got over it and that's what matters.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:55 PM   #15
just chill
Can barely lace up my sneakers

just chill has an OK reputation so far

swaggin i added you on FB because i wanna see if u can help me since you dont have anything to do the next 48 days and i cant pm you or make threads good luck btw
just chill is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: