Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-27-2010, 01:47 AM   #1
KG5MVP
Banned

KG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts
Default Derrick Rose's injury proneness will prevent him from being superstar

Derrick Rose's game is based too much on driving and attacking the rim, and that's caused him to be injured like 5 times this year. broken wrist, bruised hip, sprain ankle, etc... All from his play style.

If Rose doesn't change the style which he plays, he's gonna have a short career.
KG5MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:49 AM   #2
Manute for Ever!
Bol'd over

Manute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterManute for Ever! is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Derrick Rose's injury proneness will prevent him from being superstar

I prefer him having that style of play as opposed to being scared to attack the rim, dive for a loose ball, etc.
Manute for Ever! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #3
DDensity
I hit open 5-footers

DDensity has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Derrick Rose's injury proneness will prevent him from being superstar

This was said about AI throughout his entire career. Until he had his meltdown he was actually pretty durable, despite the play style.
DDensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:50 AM   #4
B-Easy
Local High School Star

B-Easy has not been impressing people

hes missed only 5 games in 2 years.

Hell be fine, he avoids contact anyways..
B-Easy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #5
KG5MVP
Banned

KG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsKG5MVP has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Easy
hes missed only 5 games in 2 years.

Hell be fine, he avoids contact anyways..

That's because of Rose's incredible recovery speed, i don't know how to could of missed only 2 games due to a sprained wrist.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #6
Kobe4life
Banned

Kobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryKobe4life posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

depends on how weak he is. bynum is a weak b1tch thats why he is out 30 pecent of the season each yr.
Kobe4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:57 AM   #7
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Rose is one of the most athletic point guards out there right now. When you have those kind of genes, it would be a crime to not take advantage of it. The key is to be prepared when it starts fading. If I had to give advice, I'd say less driving and slashing and more jumpshots.

However, the dude is like 21. His athleticism isn't going anywhere any time soon and he is ballin because of it. I don't he changes anything.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:59 AM   #8
BarberSchool
93 MJ Uber Alles

BarberSchool is starting to rub some people the wrong way

He already had tendonitis at 19.
BarberSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #9
KG5MVP
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
Rose is one of the most athletic point guards out there right now. When you have those kind of genes, it would be a crime to not take advantage of it. The key is to be prepared when it starts fading. If I had to give advice, I'd say less driving and slashing and more jumpshots.

However, the dude is like 21. His athleticism isn't going anywhere any time soon and he is ballin because of it. I don't he changes anything.

but it's causing him to be consistently injured
Old 04-27-2010, 02:09 AM   #10
Diesel J
NBA lottery pick

Diesel J has decent reputationDiesel J has decent reputation

I wouldn't worry too much..dude seeams to have a nice midrange jumper. He's killing Mo Williams wit that pull up jumper just as much as he is with his driving ability. It's not like he's on Rondo's level when it comes to shooting
Diesel J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:10 AM   #11
imnew09
2*/5

imnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryimnew09 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Most Pgs attack the rims at their low twenties.
For ex,when Kobe was at his twenties, he used to dunk on anyone, but not anymore.
Now, Lebron is attacking, wade is attacking, deron is attacking..... etc.
imnew09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:16 AM   #12
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG5MVP
but it's causing him to be consistently injured

I'd risk getting injured if I could do what he can. Plus, as he gets older and progresses, his jumper will become a bigger part of his game. Watch next year when they get him some help. At this point, something really weird would have to happen to really hurt him. He'll be fine.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #13
keep-itreal
High School Varsity 12th Man

keep-itreal has decent reputation

I think you're right. Wade's first 4 years were all explosive drive to the basket and it was really effective but that kind of playstyle don't last long. But its nice that wade got a ring from playing that style of bball

Last edited by keep-itreal : 04-27-2010 at 02:28 AM.
keep-itreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:24 AM   #14
Wagon jumper
I brick open layups

Wagon jumper has an OK reputation so far

I thought his mid range J is pretty automatic.
Wagon jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:27 AM   #15
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagon jumper
I thought his mid range J is pretty automatic.

He's shot the 2nd most in the league this year.
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: