Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #16
Brakas
I airball my layups

Brakas has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Bobcats offseason.... What to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewickedlady
Agreed. We will never move up the ranks if we continue to saddle ourselves with players who "might" be good in two years time. We need guys who are better than "good" and we need them now because as it is we barely compete against the better teams and those teams get better while we stay stagnant. Can't happen. We've got to make major shifts upward in quality and that'll mean losing some nice guys whom we really like. It is what it is.

You have to give him a chance. If he gets good minutes and still blows then get rid of him. Hughes and Murray are the same players. I doubt we get them for cheap next season which is what Henderson is. Then we would have no future, just like not having any draft pics. Those two guys are not going to be the difference. We need better 4 and 5's.
Brakas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 09:42 PM   #17
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brakas
You have to give him a chance. If he gets good minutes and still blows then get rid of him. Hughes and Murray are the same players. I doubt we get them for cheap next season which is what Henderson is. Then we would have no future, just like not having any draft pics. Those two guys are not going to be the difference. We need better 4 and 5's.

I'm not talking about any specific players--my knowledge is such that I listen and learn a lot from other posters like you.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #18
acidbasesalt
Coward Saviour

acidbasesalt has decent reputationacidbasesalt has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentISballin
I was thinking, do you think we could get chris paul? NOH still has a young back up PG with a lot of potential behind paul PLUS Paul has family here in nc, played highschool and college here AND he is sponsored by Jordan. I guess it's a dream but if we could get him ... wow, mabye that will spark chandler a bit

Impractical. We do not have any trade chip at hand. No 1st round pick for next two years. Focus on what we have rather than what we "can" have. This summer will be a long one for our players.
acidbasesalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #19
J23
I brick open layups

J23 has an OK reputation so far

We should get Carmelo Anthony next time he is a free agent.
J23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:58 PM   #20
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation

When the hell is LB going to make his decision whether or not to stay with the Cats?
Old 05-19-2010, 03:26 PM   #21
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23
If we lose Wallace and Jackson then that's a great idea, but until then, NO.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:54 AM   #22
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
When the hell is LB going to make his decision whether or not to stay with the Cats?

Bonnell seems to think that the longer it's taking the more likely LB will stay. This is one time I hope he's right.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:55 AM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
If we lose Wallace and Jackson then that's a great idea, but until then, NO.

I think we should get Kobe, Lebron, Boozer, Howard and CP3.

Oh and throw DWade and Bosh in there too.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:00 AM   #24
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
Bonnell seems to think that the longer it's taking the more likely LB will stay. This is one time I hope he's right.

Time for a break for me from this stuff. My impatience isn't going to do anything except drive me crazy. I just wish that I had some enthusiasm for the Panthers so I could follow them now. But I don't and I can't.
Happy rest of May, folks. And P.S.--please cooperate with your local census enumerator..............
Old 05-21-2010, 01:32 AM   #25
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by J23

A high caliber player (superstar level player) will not be in Charlotte anytime soon. I could be wrong, of course. Truth of the matter is, as much as we all love and adore Wallace, if he remains our best overall player we're not getting past the First Round of the NBA playoffs unless we can somehow grind it out to 7 games and get a close victory on the road.

I know, I should sound more hopeful of our 'Cats, but we still have mountains of work to do if we're going to really become a serious contender in this league. We have the right man in ownership (MJ). We have the right coach (LB). I think we have a solid core of bright young players and a few vets, but we are obviously lacking someone who can take over any game at any time and who we can rely on the close out games for us, especially on the road.

I think we'll make the post season again next year, but probably a bottom seed again. If we're matched up with Orlando, Boston or Cleveland (pending LBJ stays there) then we're toast. Hopefully we won't get swept again! Haha.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 01:10 AM   #26
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

Nothing in the press related to the Bobcats. I am going through withdrawals.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:27 AM   #27
~spectre~
You've been 'Smacked!

~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board~spectre~ is popular on this board

I think we're a 2nd round team right now with the status quo. Once Jax came in and got acclimated we did very well and our record from January 1st to the end was pretty darn good. I think the 4th seed is within reach depending on Miami's offseason...if they get LBJ & Bosh to pair with Flash then 4th is probably out.

Thing is right now I'm perfectly fine with that. 6 years in the league we can't expect to contend right off the bat, esp. with the mistakes our FO has made.

After next season we start losing a lot of salary, so then would be a good point to consider re-tooling "on the go" (no blow-ups/tank jobs).
~spectre~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 10:15 AM   #28
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

I've heard rumors that Boston may ship Ray Allen and some of their bigs, so they may not be a factor. Milwaukee will be good next year, though I think we'll be better (them getting the 5th seed was luck). Also, if Joe Johnson leaves Atlanta, I think we've got a good chance at being better than them.

I think we're at the point now where we don't need to trade anyone significant on our team in them middle of the year, though I'm not opposed to getting rid of Diaw at this point.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 02:06 PM   #29
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

I think that getting rid of Diaw is very important. Just like we were regarding Mek, we're at a point with Boris that we never know who's going to show up from game-to-game. I'm also squeamish when it comes to our facing the world next season with only Felts and DJ to go up against the multitude of better PGs out there and currently on other teams. I mean--Felts ranked #21 out of 30 starting PG and we think he's going to be enough for us for next season....................... :
Old 05-31-2010, 10:54 PM   #30
BrentISballin
Local High School Star

BrentISballin has decent reputationBrentISballin has decent reputation

Quote:
I think that getting rid of Diaw is very important. Just like we were regarding Mek, we're at a point with Boris that we never know who's going to show up from game-to-game. I'm also squeamish when it comes to our facing the world next season with only Felts and DJ to go up against the multitude of better PGs out there and currently on other teams. I mean--Felts ranked #21 out of 30 starting PG and we think he's going to be enough for us for next season....................... :
Yes, Diaw really needs to go or someone needs to teach him to show up every night. I think we need a non superstar power forward , just a tough offensive / defensive one and consistent ( a 10/8 ) also a superstar point guard.
BrentISballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: