Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-22-2010, 01:34 AM   #1
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Default HGH for injuries?

I have been researching it quite a bit lately and based on what I have read, HGH is widely used for healing injuries and in particular, tendon injures. What it does, is increase Collagen (what Tendons are made out of) synthesis by almost 300%. I have had tendon problems in multiple different places (most notably and annoyingly my knee... but chest, shoulder, biceps, and triceps). At this point I have changed my workouts to eccentric workouts which are supposed help regenerate tendons... but they don't feel like enough. Basically, I am thinking about taking HGH to try and heal my problems. I have no use or desire for any other effects it has other than that.

So, my question is, does anybody have experience with HGH? I've done a lot of research and browsed forums and such but haven't talked to anyone with first hand experience... so if anybody knows anything, please fill me in.
Swaggin916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 04:26 AM   #2
devin112
Local High School Star

Default Re: HGH for injuries?

I've only heard stuff about it through the media. they say your bones grow too, ur feet and head grow. they say barry bones shoe size increased a couple of sizes as an adult.

You need to be prescribed hgh i think. i have a tendon issue in w/ my ankle too, thinking about trying it too.
devin112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 PM   #3
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Supposedly it's 1,000-3,000 bucks a month for it... so yea it's pretty freakin expensive. I don't know about the prescribed thing but it makes sense... There is anti aging clinic that I'm going to check out... There isn't any insurance involved with that... I don't know tho... I think you should be able to take it without a prescription... I mean if some older guy can take it to look and feel younger, why the hell can't I take it to help with my injuries?
Old 06-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #4
Lancerballer21
Serious playground baller

I would definetly talk with your doctor before doing hgh. I mean, drugs like that are primaliry used to help with injuries (some however use them to get better the easy way) so it sounds like a good idea, but you might want some professional advice before you start taking hgh
Lancerballer21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:19 PM   #5
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Yea I am going to talk to the Doctor at the anti aging clinic and find out everything I need to know. I'd have to have some sort of payment plan tho cus there is no way i can afford that.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 AM   #6
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Supposedly it's 1,000-3,000 bucks a month for it... so yea it's pretty freakin expensive. I don't know about the prescribed thing but it makes sense... There is anti aging clinic that I'm going to check out... There isn't any insurance involved with that... I don't know tho... I think you should be able to take it without a prescription... I mean if some older guy can take it to look and feel younger, why the hell can't I take it to help with my injuries?

That's very expensive.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:30 AM   #7
Crystallas
Smile, you're on ISH

HGH has far more benfits than side effects if used correctly to treat specific issues. By all means, explore the option if you can get an educated opinion on your specific injury.
Crystallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 02:57 AM   #8
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystallas
HGH has far more benfits than side effects if used correctly to treat specific issues. By all means, explore the option if you can get an educated opinion on your specific injury.

Yea it seems quite beneficial from what I have read and doesn't have anything near the amount of side effects as steroids (which are joint and tendon destroyers anyway). I called the doc on Tuesday and she called back while I was eating so didn't want to pick up the phone... I have yet to call her back cus I'm not really in a big hurry since I don't have a lot of money... but damn I'm hearing more and more good things about this stuff I'm really starting to get convinced that it's the way to go.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:59 PM   #9
forensic91
I airball my layups

Hey Swagging found a great article on it if you want more info. Of course seen as it is from a bodybuilding site it covers more the bodybuilding side of it but it also has some great info on its use for injuries.

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_a...nd_the_fiction
forensic91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 PM   #10
Swaggin916
Enter the Dragic

Thanks man reading it right now as the US is inching closer to defeat off some BS goals. In the article it says 500-1,000 a month for injections... that is more doable. My hope is that a month or 2 is all I would need.

EDIT: Great read. I found that article extremely useful and the best part of it was how positive it was towards HGH's recuperative abilities... basically if you are going to use it, healing injuries is what you should use it for.

Last edited by Swaggin916 : 06-26-2010 at 07:27 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: