Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 04-30-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn

Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Congratz to Mr. Grant Hill for finally making it to the 2nd round

Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:32 AM   #2
el_locoteee
Decent college freshman

el_locoteee has decent reputationel_locoteee has decent reputation
Default Re: Congratz to Mr. Grant Hill for finally making it to the 2nd round

Let's Party

el_locoteee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:32 AM   #3
JtotheIzzo
The Future is Now

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

He is one up on his former Orlando buddy T-Mac.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:33 AM   #4
Batz
Shit just got serious

Batz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBatz is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Batz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #5
6thManOfTheYear
Good High School Starter

6thManOfTheYear is considered somewhat cool6thManOfTheYear is considered somewhat cool

6thManOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:40 AM   #6
SAKOTXA
College superstar

SAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this boardSAKOTXA is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thManOfTheYear
SAKOTXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:53 AM   #7
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Despite the Suns just beating my team, I figured this would be a good spot to discuss what I appreciated about some of the Suns players as far as basketball stuff goes.

Jason Richardson - I think he produced more than anybody on the Suns. I was extremely impressed. I'm tempted to say he was the MVP of the series, however I also acknowledge that others on the team helped set up many wide open shots that at least got his rhythm going.

Grant Hill - I have always been a Hill fan. I have watched him his entire career and he is one of the most likable players, and has had one of the most disappointing careers I have seen (obviously not his fault, just simply things in the universe didn't line up right). Despite those injury disappointments, he has made a heck of a career anyway. I was especially impressed with his defense. Him guarding Andre set the tone for the rest of the series. And his block tonight on Bayless..... simply amazing..... and heart breaking.

Dragic - I was very impressed with him. His defense was better than I expected and it seemed like the Suns didn't lose much when he was subbed in for Nash.

Dudley - I'm going to keep this one brief because I learned over the last 2 weeks that I hate him: he made some good plays and hit some good shots here and there.

Frye - He played for the Blazers last year, and that was not the Frye I remember. He obviously improved his three point shooting, but the part that surprised me most was that he played tough (at least at times). He fouled hard when it was needed and was able to stir up some stuff. All stuff I wasn't use to seeing him do. His softness was what made me glad he left the team. I still don't think he would have been the answer for Portland's backup PF, but he has fit in well in Phoenix.

Nash and Amare pretty much did what I expected.

Gentry - I was really impressed with him. I thought he was simply a poor man's D'Antoni, but the defensive adjustments were better than I ever saw D'Antoni do for Phoenix. I felt weird over the last 2 weeks talking to fellow Blazer fans about how we need to "figure ways around the Suns' defense," and I think most of those props belong to Gentry. Overall, Gentry owned McMillan in this series.

Now, with all that said, I hope the Spurs kick your f*cking @sses.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:06 AM   #8
Cyclone112
Banned

Cyclone112 has decent reputationCyclone112 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Despite the Suns just beating my team, I figured this would be a good spot to discuss what I appreciated about some of the Suns players as far as basketball stuff goes.

Jason Richardson - I think he produced more than anybody on the Suns. I was extremely impressed. I'm tempted to say he was the MVP of the series, however I also acknowledge that others on the team helped set up many wide open shots that at least got his rhythm going.

Grant Hill - I have always been a Hill fan. I have watched him his entire career and he is one of the most likable players, and has had one of the most disappointing careers I have seen (obviously not his fault, just simply things in the universe didn't line up right). Despite those injury disappointments, he has made a heck of a career anyway. I was especially impressed with his defense. Him guarding Andre set the tone for the rest of the series. And his block tonight on Bayless..... simply amazing..... and heart breaking.

Dragic - I was very impressed with him. His defense was better than I expected and it seemed like the Suns didn't lose much when he was subbed in for Nash.

Dudley - I'm going to keep this one brief because I learned over the last 2 weeks that I hate him: he made some good plays and hit some good shots here and there.

Frye - He played for the Blazers last year, and that was not the Frye I remember. He obviously improved his three point shooting, but the part that surprised me most was that he played tough (at least at times). He fouled hard when it was needed and was able to stir up some stuff. All stuff I wasn't use to seeing him do. His softness was what made me glad he left the team. I still don't think he would have been the answer for Portland's backup PF, but he has fit in well in Phoenix.

Nash and Amare pretty much did what I expected.

Gentry - I was really impressed with him. I thought he was simply a poor man's D'Antoni, but the defensive adjustments were better than I ever saw D'Antoni do for Phoenix. I felt weird over the last 2 weeks talking to fellow Blazer fans about how we need to "figure ways around the Suns' defense," and I think most of those props belong to Gentry. Overall, Gentry owned McMillan in this series.

Now, with all that said, I hope the Spurs kick your f*cking @sses.

Good analysis Myth. You are definitely right about Gentry, he's really put defense on the minds of this Suns team unlike the Colonel. It took him a while but they got better as the year went on and they closed out the season playing very respectful defense even if their overall season defensive rating doesn't reflect it. The other main difference of this Suns team is the bench, you would NEVER see a full 5 bench players on the court at the same time a few years ago. You would be hard pressed to see even 3 on the floor at the same time and that really hurt them come playoff time.

I said it in the game thread but the Blazers have a shitload of heart and they just wouldn't give up. They are going to be ridiculous next year if they can stay healthy and I fully expect a 2 seed from them next season. Roy showed a lot of heart/balls coming back so soon. I liked him and cringed every time he hit the floor especially the first game back. He'll get the rest he needs and hopefully he didn't do any extra damage forcing the issue so quickly but it seems like he'll be fine.

Last edited by Cyclone112 : 04-30-2010 at 02:08 AM.
Cyclone112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:15 AM   #9
3stat2
Local High School Star

3stat2 is considered somewhat cool3stat2 is considered somewhat cool

This series really showed off Portland's length and ability to guard post players. You have Camby inside, and then you have PFs/SFs/SGs who are young, quick and incredibly long-armed. The long arms probably stood out the most - Batum are you kidding me? The man can probably scratch his knees without bending.
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #10
vinsane01
National High School Star

vinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this boardvinsane01 is popular on this board

Woah?! Really? i didnt know that he hasnt made it to the 2nd round. Good to see him make it then.
vinsane01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:27 AM   #11
Maneva
Decent playground baller

Maneva has not been impressing people

Grant Hill is awesome. So glad to see him win. I hope he makes it to the WCF, at least.

Maneva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:31 AM   #12
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Congratulations to Grant Hill.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:37 AM   #13
imlmf
Banned

imlmf has decent reputationimlmf has decent reputation

unbelievable, all these time he's a second round virgin as well?

grant hill deserves to be there
imlmf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:39 AM   #14
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation herecoin24 has a near all-star reputation here

Congrats to hill, always felt sorry for the poor guy with all those injuries.. It's amazing that he's come back and playing at such a high level...

That block was awesome!!!

Side note, does Doug Collins have to mention that hill played point for him for a few years in Detroit? Every suns game he comentates he has to saythat and something about Michael.... Still one of the best commentators though...
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #15
jawkam
I airball my layups

jawkam has an OK reputation so far

Congrats to him- one of my favorite players.

Anyone think he'll head into HoF?
jawkam is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: