Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #481
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Round 1: Game 6, April 29: Dallas Mavericks (2-3) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Why would Kidd pass to Bobo? Cmon...

Because hes a coward.

Nice job Haywood. 2 pts, great game.

Dirk, Butler, Beaubois. Rest is totally expandable.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 PM   #482
Blue_Dog45
Banned

Blue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBlue_Dog45 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Round 1: Game 6, April 29: Dallas Mavericks (2-3) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbronx42
LOL @ Cuban!

What did he do? I looked away for a second and missed it.
Blue_Dog45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #483
bettalaylow
I hit open 5-footers

bettalaylow has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker4Lyfe
Cuban should fire Carlisle right now and tell him to find his own way home.

I'd be like "***** the way you coached walk your own ass home"
bettalaylow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:39 PM   #484
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

badass move by pop letting the crowd cheer the starters
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:40 PM   #485
50inchvertical
College star

50inchvertical has an OK reputation so far

I don't particularly like the Spurs but I like those fitteds the ball boys had on
50inchvertical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:41 PM   #486
creepingdeath
How does my Dirk taste

creepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecreepingdeath is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thank you, Rick Carlisle, for costing us the series.

Actually, I don't think that Dirk needs to go to another team. A better coach and one good FA with the help of the dust chip, they would have a great team. Dirk|Butler|Roddy|Haywood|X would be awesome.

Great scene between Dirk and Timmy btw. They really respect each other.
creepingdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #487
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

brooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputationbrooks_thompson has a terrific reputation

very good series. dirk was generally incredible, he made up for that awful first half.

the spurs poise never ceases to amaze. they had an answer for every 2nd half dallas run in the series, and everyone came up big when it counted.
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:45 PM   #488
Basketball Dirk
High school junior varsity star

Basketball Dirk is considered somewhat coolBasketball Dirk is considered somewhat cool

Spurs can thank the refs for the aide in game 4 especially. That prevented a game 7 in Dallas.

And 6th man of this series for the Spurs is Rick Carlisle.

I'm not sure whether Gregg Popovich was simply great, or Rick Carlisle simply bad.

I'll go with the latter.

Playing Dampier and taking out Roddy Beaubois when he's hot.....

Oh yeah, and what's up with not calling offensive goaltending on Tim Duncan or giving him an and1 without being touched when we're back in the game.....against stealing momentum....this series has been officiated lopsided in most games....

Anyways....

very disappointed as a Mavs fan..... and upset at the fact that David Stern hates Mark Cuban.....

Last edited by Basketball Dirk : 04-30-2010 at 12:08 AM.
Basketball Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:46 PM   #489
6thManOfTheYear
Good High School Starter

6thManOfTheYear is considered somewhat cool6thManOfTheYear is considered somewhat cool

spurs are the first number 7 seed to knock off a number 2 seed in a best of 7 game 1st round series. mavs keep on making history for choking

Last edited by 6thManOfTheYear : 04-30-2010 at 12:01 AM.
6thManOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #490
bettalaylow
I hit open 5-footers

I have a theory on Carlisle:

Initially when the Mavs hired him it was for a middle of the pack team that wasn't really better than a 2nd round appearance. They upgrade Carlisle is ill-prepared for a Championship run and it showed in this series. Overall the Mavs have the pieces for a Chip but the wrong f*cking coach. Simple as that he was out coached every step of the way, he's inflexible and will go with his favorites even to the team's detriment. His biggest coaching move was drawing up the CYO edition of a zone offense.
Old 04-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #491
zORi
National High School Star

zORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this boardzORi is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.I.P.
Because hes a coward.

Nice job Haywood. 2 pts, great game.

Dirk, Butler, Beaubois. Rest is totally expandable.
Agreed, that was a total ***** move.

Where the hell has he been during this series?

Honestly, Dallas is stacked, but if I were Mark, I'd be thinking only 3 of them aren't expendable.

I honestly thought Dallas was going to the finals, all the way up until tonight.

Now I think it's all LA.
zORi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:03 AM   #492
Basketball Dirk
High school junior varsity star

Basketball Dirk is considered somewhat coolBasketball Dirk is considered somewhat cool

Didn't someone clearly touch Roddy Beaubois' arm when he lost the ball?? No foul call?

Gotta review that again.
Basketball Dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #493
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

If this team had a better coach, who used his pieces correctly, they might have won the west. But they wouldn't have won it all.

The problem with the mavs is that Cuban has attempted to build a team around Dirk, and that's the problem. Dirk needs to compliment another star, not have a team built around him. If they want to continue to do what they've been doing, they will have regular season success and short playoff runs.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #494
bettalaylow
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
If this team had a better coach, who used his pieces correctly, they might have won the west. But they wouldn't have won it all.

The problem with the mavs is that Cuban has attempted to build a team around Dirk, and that's the problem. Dirk needs to compliment another star, not have a team built around him. If they want to continue to do what they've been doing, they will have regular season success and short playoff runs.
Okay what players in Dirk' situation would have netted better results in this series? People like you always make me laugh because you act as though every chucklehead in the NBA goes around dropping his numbers.

Would the results have been different if it was D Wade

Would the results have been different if it was Melo

Would the results have been different if it was Dwight Howard

Would the results have been different if it was Amare Stoudamire
Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 AM   #495
6thManOfTheYear
Good High School Starter

6thManOfTheYear is considered somewhat cool6thManOfTheYear is considered somewhat cool

only 5 rebounds for dirk
6thManOfTheYear is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: