Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Dallas Mavericks Forum

Dallas Mavericks Forum Dallas Mavericks message board - mavs message board - dallas mavericks fan forum

Old 04-29-2010, 11:55 PM   #511
brooks_thompson
Good college starter

Default Re: Round 1: Game 6, April 29: Dallas Mavericks (2-3) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
lol

and i thought mcdyess' block on terry was good
brooks_thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #512
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Round 1: Game 6, April 29: Dallas Mavericks (2-3) vs San Antonio Spurs (3-2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
I have already proved that to be false. There may not be a lot of exceptions, but there are exceptions, and you even admitted that Dirk had a team good enough to win it the year he lost in the finals, so please stop trying to argue this point which is moot.

LMAO this clown thinks John Salmons + Camby + Dirk = ring.

Dirk will never win with teams built on his shoulders.

Has Dirk ever won a ring with a team built around him? No.
Has Dirk ever had a team good enough to win a ring? Yes (even you admitted that).

So yes, history has backed up my point. If you want to have a team succeed in the regular season, then Dirk can elevate them there. But if you want a ring, he cannot be the main guy.

Hahahahahahahahahah. 28 out of 30 NBA Champions beg to differ. Just because Dirk ****ing owned and upset the Spurs in 06 doesn't mean they should have won the title. What happened? He lost to two hall of fame players and a great coach.....shocker.

When you ask questions like that you are creating scenarios that aren't accurate.

Again. The Spurs and Lakers of the last decade have had far more talent and far better coaching. It's laughable to put this on Dirk.

Dude. Are you honestly saying that any of Dirk's teams have had more talent / better coaching than the Lakers, Spurs, and Kings of the last decade?

You are just simply ignoring what it takes to win championships and its absurd. There have been 2 teams in the last 30 years that won a championship without multiple hall of famers.....and both of those teams were far better built to win in the playoffs than any of Dirk's teams.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #513
Shax
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bisk
Cuban:

Cuban is awesome. haha It was an obvious foul though.
Shax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:05 AM   #514
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginobli2311
Just because Dirk ****ing owned and upset the Spurs in 06 doesn't mean they should have won the title.

You admitted that Dirk had enough talent to win in '06. Do you want me to find the quote? Or are you not denying that you said that?

Quote:
Again. The Spurs and Lakers of the last decade have had far more talent and far better coaching. It's laughable to put this on Dirk.

I'm not talking about the Lakers or Spurs. I'm talking about a team not being able to ever win a ring with Dirk leading the way, no matter how much talent he has.

Quote:
Dude. Are you honestly saying that any of Dirk's teams have had more talent / better coaching than the Lakers, Spurs, and Kings of the last decade?

Why am I continuing to discuss this topic with you? It's clear you are delusional.

Quote:
You are just simply ignoring what it takes to win championships and its absurd. There have been 2 teams in the last 30 years that won a championship without multiple hall of famers.....and both of those teams were far better built to win in the playoffs than any of Dirk's teams.

You keep clinging to this point when you contradicted yourself. Just stop.

I'm done with this clown. If you want to think Dirk just needs Salmons and Camby to win it all, then fine. If you want to keep thinking you are right, even when you debunked yourself, then fine. But at the end of the day, Dirk will leave the NBA without a ring as the #1 guy, and my point will stand.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:07 AM   #515
TwoTrill
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basketball Dirk
Spurs can thank the refs for the aide in game 4 especially. That prevented a game 7 in Dallas.

And 6th man of this series for the Spurs is Rick Carlisle.

I'm not sure whether Gregg Popovich was simply great, or Rick Carlisle simply bad.

I'll go with the latter.

Playing Dampier and taking out Roddy Beaubois when he's hot.....

Oh yeah, and what's up with not calling offensive goaltending on Tim Duncan or giving him an and1 without being touched when we're back in the game.....

Anyways....

very disappointed as a Mavs fan..... and upset at the fact that David Stern hates Mark Cuban.....
Not only that u know dirk is german and Stern is Jewish
jewish people hate germans
He probably see this as payback for what germans did to them
TwoTrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #516
LA KB24
LAL|LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTrill
Lmao.
LA KB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:14 AM   #517
ginobli2311
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
You admitted that Dirk had enough talent to win in '06. Do you want me to find the quote? Or are you not denying that you said that?

I'm not talking about the Lakers or Spurs. I'm talking about a team not being able to ever win a ring with Dirk leading the way, no matter how much talent he has.

Why am I continuing to discuss this topic with you? It's clear you are delusional.

You keep clinging to this point when you contradicted yourself. Just stop.

I simply said that Dirk had enough talent to win in 06 simply because he got to the finals and they had a lead in the series. But he lost to NBA history....

Why are you debating that point? 28 out of 30 teams dude. you can't look at everything in a vacuum.....you have to talk about the teams Dirk went against over the last 10 years. Why is that so hard to understand?

What you are saying could be true.....but for Dirk and his teams to be as successful as they have been with limited talent and coaching compared to the other top west teams.....i don't buy your theory at all.

You don't ever answer anything. You just keep stating things that you think with no evidence.

For example....based on the last 6 years. I could say that Lebron will never win a title in which the offense runs through him and he needs to be a secondary player. He hasn't won anything, he got owned in the nba finals, and he lost last year as the favorite to win it all. Do i believe that? No.....because Lebron has not had a good enough team around him to win it all so far. Just like Dirk in all but 1 year in which he ran into the criteria it takes to win a title around 95% of the time.
ginobli2311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:30 AM   #518
godofgods
Banned

Quote:

You probably were trying to be sarcastic, but you just stated the honest truth.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 02:55 AM   #519
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
and i thought mcdyess' block on terry was good
mcdyess' block on terry was good.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:36 AM   #520
raiderfan19
Shazam!

The calls as a whole were just a damn joke though. By all means congrats to the spurs. You played a hell of a series. One question though, where do the refs sit in your team photo?
Old 04-30-2010, 03:58 AM   #521
B-Ball PharmD
I airball my layups

Quote:
just so ya know....mark cuban is jewish too, so that kinda defeats your argument there
B-Ball PharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:25 AM   #522
icemanfan
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
The calls as a whole were just a damn joke though. By all means congrats to the spurs. You played a hell of a series. One question though, where do the refs sit in your team photo?
oh yes it was those damn refs not the Mavs terrible play. Not the Spurs superior energy and effort.
icemanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 04:29 AM   #523
icemanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ball PharmD
just so ya know....mark cuban is jewish too, so that kinda defeats your argument there
These idiots are on a blame fest because the Mavs do not have the heart needed to get the job done. Even they know how pathetic they are.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #524
raiderfan19
Shazam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
oh yes it was those damn refs not the Mavs terrible play. Not the Spurs superior energy and effort.
The spurs won. How shitty the refs were doesnt matter. The mavs arent the first team to be screwed by the refs and they wont be the last but when you are playing 8 on 5 against the lakers in the conference finals well see how you like it.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:10 AM   #525
icemanfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
The spurs won. How shitty the refs were doesnt matter. The mavs arent the first team to be screwed by the refs and they wont be the last but when you are playing 8 on 5 against the lakers in the conference finals well see how you like it.
yep the refs were so bad they are all over it on the TV. News crews everywhere are covering it right now. Hell they are calling Congress to put a halt to the games until allas is reinstated. I suppose you said the same thing when Golden State handed you guys their balls. I KNOW Mav fans still say the same thing when the Heat handed you guys their balls in the finals. Its all about the refs not the Mavs.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: